What’s the point on chasing high PVP rank?

VictorWai.7694

Unless you are top 10 or 250 leadersboard, 90% of us get no special ranked reward, title, gears at the end of season. (Is the badge besides your name tag a reward?)

Two seasons I just keep playing and repeat the final box regardless what rank I drop. I get decent and good money at least

You know their rule. Keep playing and consecutive win will only result in negative effect on matchmaking and less point after victory.

Thus, two seasons I limit my game played and hit platinum but back to gold3 finally. I got much less money with nothing special at the end.....

I mean we get money for our participation (repeatable chest). But we get nothing for our rank?? Not even a black lion ticket scrap base on our division?? Do we deserve better prize for fighting harder??

In theory, it's about competitivity and showing others " how good you are " . Top250 get special title, so others should know these players are good since not many players will own these titles.I'm saying " in theory " because there are way too many titles, emotes, finisher emotes in game so that anyone can know x player is good or not.

It was nice in GW1, because such things were more noticeable and less common. Phoenix emote, rank 9 gladiator, rank 8 commander,... These were uncommon

Why do anything? Why play a video game when you don’t earn any real life money for it?

I like playing for higher rank because the games there are generally closer and I tend to have better teammates and smarter enemies. It gives more of a challenge that makes winning more enjoyable.

Sure, I’m a platinum casual, and I’m far from being top anything. I’ve never done any ESports, and I rarely even get queued with anyone that has a recognizeable name, but I still play because for someone like me that often only gets in a handful of games on a good day, I’m not playing for being the coolest guy in GW2 PvP. I’m playing because it’s a good challenge in a game that I like and it’s a nice break from real life stress.

Gold and rewards don’t matter that much anyways. I have enough sparkly dresses for my characters.

It may surprise you but alot of the people who pvp do it out of enjoyment.And would pvp without rewards, having a title and getting rewards is just a side thing, which is why alot of purest dislike the fact that there are so many pve rewards in pvp.

And some people strive to be the best because that's what they do, the top 25 guys are there because they are good and they love pvp not because it gives them loot.

@mysticsicness.7598 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:Ooo, Quaggan thinks you shouldn't pick the weakest profession in Ranked just to troll your team... if you do so, you shouldn't complain you lose games...

Weakest profession? Weaver says hello Quaggan.

Ooo, but Weaver is much stronger than Rev, since it's like Fresh Air 2.0 with soo much condi around.

You're talking as if getting on the leaderboard means anything. I realized in S8 that I could either waste 3 hours a day trying to compete with Helio for #1 or I could get straight As in all my classes and I did the latter. Most PvE players don't even know what most of the titles other than legendary demigod and god of pvp mean, and ultimately the only point of getting god of pvp is purely cosmetic, it's only a title. Also this game's PvP is mostly meaningless so there's that; I moved on to better games.

@Jagdtiger.2517 said:You're talking as if getting on the leaderboard means anything. I realized in S8 that I could either waste 3 hours a day trying to compete with Helio for #1 or I could get straight As in all my classes and I did the latter. Most PvE players don't even know what most of the titles other than legendary demigod and god of pvp mean, and ultimately the only point of getting god of pvp is purely cosmetic, it's only a title. Also this game's PvP is mostly meaningless so there's that; I moved on to better games.

About time you leave the forums then yeah?

@Jagdtiger.2517 said:You're talking as if getting on the leaderboard means anything. I realized in S8 that I could either waste 3 hours a day trying to compete with Helio for #1 or I could get straight As in all my classes and I did the latter. Most PvE players don't even know what most of the titles other than legendary demigod and god of pvp mean, and ultimately the only point of getting god of pvp is purely cosmetic, it's only a title. Also this game's PvP is mostly meaningless so there's that; I moved on to better games.

of course it means something, you're talking as if getting on the leaderboard is something anyone/everyone can just do.... A good majority of the top 50 players on that leaderboard if a damn well understanding of how to win.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@"Jagdtiger.2517" said:You're talking as if getting on the leaderboard means anything. I realized in S8 that I could either waste 3 hours a day trying to compete with Helio for #1 or I could get straight As in all my classes and I did the latter. Most PvE players don't even know what most of the titles other than legendary demigod and god of pvp mean, and ultimately the only point of getting god of pvp is purely cosmetic, it's only a title. Also this game's PvP is mostly meaningless so there's that; I moved on to better games.

of course it means something, you're talking as if getting on the leaderboard is something anyone/everyone can just do.... A good majority of the top 50 players on that leaderboard if a kitten well understanding of how to win.

Now if only other players knew what it takes to win games, instead of just spatting out in the beginning of the match "get home and mid, hold those two". It is my sincerest wish that people actually understand that home and mid is not life. That no node, unless under dire and extremely delicate strategical circumstances, should be worth dying for and stunting the rest of the team by being down a player that can provide some purpose and usefulness while alive to the other team players. That movement is a good thing, but so is being stagnant, it all depends on the situation. That minimap awareness should be practiced, and it's ok to peek at it every once in a while. That ressing players is good, but sometimes, depending on the situation, it can be bad because it means that player is downstate longer and your res will just get outcleaved anyways. That if we take an approach to the home/mid strat at the start and a player dies, it's ok to split up and run away from the fight, especially if the enemy team has not been damaged too much. That decaps, and only decaps, are good, and that fighting off the point is not necessarily a bad thing, again depending on the situation. That running in to you alone against 3 other enemies is not the smartest of ideas, especially if your teammates are nowhere near you and you're not some kind of bunker. That node is not the only thing, and giving one up to ensure your survival is not bad.But this is all wishful thinking I guess. =(

I would actually be happy to reset somehow my rank,this crapy placement always puts me into platinum at begining and there aint so much funn.I would hapily sit in bronze with chilled ppl,instead of that try hard rage circus,where ppl rant,cry afk or rage about loses.If there wouldnt be those chests,i wouldnt even step a foot into ranked.

Archived