Drunk Engineer... Finally Back!

Ivantreil.3092

After the Buffs they gave us on Firearms, my winrate with Drunk Engi finally skyrocketed and pushed me to the top 100!

The build updated: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcTh6rY1Vw8KQ+FLTGF9cn3BOY1ldhkYzUABAA-jJRaAB4+AAE+CAg5+DAUGAA

I ditched out the Seeker stats over Berserker stats, as from my exp, it seems that the extra concentration resulted to be overkill and those points could be better spent in damage.

Swapped from Skilled Marksmen to no scope, as the raw ferocity results more valuable than a cd reduction for the rifle.

And finally, i Swapped projection Injection to Invigortaing speed, since the protection given didn't seem valuabnle for me anymore, most of the time it's impact went unnoticed, i simply found having perma vigor more valuable overall, everything else remains exactly as i left it.

I have no plans to re-publish it to Metabattle, at least not yet, part of the build relies on being a surprise factor for the Enemies, and i'm completely sure many skeptical people will downvote the build without even trying it, so i'll hold it's publishment until the Scourges nerfs get released.

![Rank Proof](https://i.imgur.com/7GzuwoI.png '''')

@Vagrant.7206 said:How well does this fare against SB's and scourges? Boon stripping/corruption are part of why scrapper (which this build relies upon) is not in a good state, generally speaking. If that 25 might or stability gets ripped, it seems like you're dead in the water.

And you are not Wrong, at least with Scourge, SB Boonstrip is predictable and ive been dodging their counterattacks very well, their boonstrip bubble is a shame, you cant do anything other than wait the bubble to dissapear, but overall, the Spellbreakers arent thhat hard to deal, i do not recommend them to duel them though unless you have your Elixir X up, or unless the SB lets you kite them for free, with Elixir X, SB are a breakfast to duel, at thhe end, you popup way more boons than what the SB can remove, so no problem with them at all.

Scourge however, they are defenitely the main counter of this build and the reason im holidng the publishment until they get a nerf, theres no way to duel a good scourge, even with a surprise attack from Stealth they change the tide of the battle so quickly with their obscene Boon corruption.

So how do i duel them?, simple, i don't, i only face Scourges as a +1 and if i can make my teammate eat the focusing instead of me, or unless i know the scourge is bad an will let me kite for free, the only way to deal with them.

Everything else is the same exp just like Meta Holo.

it's nice i played around with it for a bit while back, my only concern was that it lack 1vs1 potential burst and mobility heavily compared to my current holo build.

Your presence in mid battles however are notice and the ability to condi clear/keep yourself properly alive is up there.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Forty Keks.9620" said:i've been using this in WvW with a few minor differences and it does really well there too. not quite sure which sigils to use on my rifle though

For WvW/PvE, i Recommend the Superior Sigil of Force & the Superior Sigil of Perception, Since your main source of damage most of the time will be your AA, it's important to make sure to get those Critical hits as often as possible, the difference between a non-crit aa and one that crits is defenitely significant, the Superior Sigil of Accuracy it's another option you can get too

And the Season is done!

The results!

(65% of these matches where done before the No Scope Buffs)Wins: 115Loses: 86Final Spot: 62

After Several Season of playing this build, i finally got a season where achieved top 100 with it!, i'm so happy of the results, and i find it funny that it was in this season, considering this is porbably the most oppresive season for like play a Boon based build, if things go alright, and next season Scourge gets his nerfs, this will become Easily a Solid build for the next Season!

![Top 20](https://i.imgur.com/Mp5vvqy.png '''')

@Ivantreil.3092 said:And the Season is done!

The results!

(65% of these matches where done before the No Scope Buffs)Wins: 115Loses: 86Final Spot: 62

After Several Season of playing this build, i finally got a season where achieved top 100 with it!, i'm so happy of the results, and i find it funny that it was in this season, considering this is porbably the most oppresive season for like play a Boon based build, if things go alright, and next season Scourge gets his nerfs, this will become Easily a Solid build for the next Season!

Your backpack organization gave me ulcers.

Also, I think I fought you once or twice in a few matches. You usually killed me once before I realized what you were doing, then I came back with a vengeance. :P

@"Ivantreil.3092" said:After the Buffs they gave us on Firearms, my winrate with Drunk Engi finally skyrocketed and pushed me to the top 100!

The build updated: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcTh6rY1Vw8KQ+FLTGF9cn3BOY1ldhkYzUABAA-jJRaAB4+AAE+CAg5+DAUGAA

I ditched out the Seeker stats over Berserker stats, as from my exp, it seems that the extra concentration resulted to be overkill and those points could be better spent in damage.

Swapped from Skilled Marksmen to no scope, as the raw ferocity results more valuable than a cd reduction for the rifle.

And finally, i Swapped projection Injection to Invigortaing speed, since the protection given didn't seem valuabnle for me anymore, most of the time it's impact went unnoticed, i simply found having perma vigor more valuable overall, everything else remains exactly as i left it.

I have no plans to re-publish it to Metabattle, at least not yet, part of the build relies on being a surprise factor for the Enemies, and i'm completely sure many skeptical people will downvote the build without even trying it, so i'll hold it's publishment until the Scourges nerfs get released.

![Rank Proof](https://i.imgur.com/7GzuwoI.png '''')

I don't understand your comment, "I ditched out the Seeker stats over Berserker stats,". Does that mean you are using Seeker armor, or did you "ditch" Seeker armor in favor of Berserker armor??

@Cruces.3280 said:

@"Ivantreil.3092" said:After the Buffs they gave us on Firearms, my winrate with Drunk Engi finally skyrocketed and pushed me to the top 100!

The build updated:

![Rank Proof](
'''')

I don't understand your comment, "I ditched out the Seeker stats over Berserker stats,". Does that mean you are using Seeker armor, or did you "ditch" Seeker armor in favor of Berserker armor??

Sorry if my statement was confusing, english isn't my mother language.

What i meant is that i did replace Seeker's, the original stat of this build, in favor of Berserker, more ferocity & power over concentration.

Archived