Weaver Weapon Choice PvE

Wentworth.6901

@vesica tempestas.1563 said:

@"reikken.4961" said:fire and either arcane or air

That's what I've been doing. I always do fire, but I'm not sure if I should go arcane or air. Airs damage, especially with grandmaster 3, is really good, but the build doesn't have much defense. Arcane gives better defense and boons, and evasive arcana is super helpful and provides a much needed condi cleanse on water. But arcane definitely has less damage than air. I just can't pick between them!

You don't need defense in PvE. When solo, you can just change a few utilities, or simply cast your Glyph of Storms in Earth for the blind aoe. As a rule of thumb, you only want Arcane for power builds in a group because of Bountiful Power. But not in fractals, or anywhere with a lot of breakbars because of Tempest Defense.

Thats incorrect, your assuming a style of gameplay based on min maxing dps, as ive said before not all players value optimal kill speed over everything (if you value that, all is well), for example being able to destroy multiple groups and maintain full health while tanking the lot can feel quite powerful and more importantly fun. It also trains the player to understand their builds in depth, not just the dps meta which is VERY 1 dimensional.

You're grossly underestimating the dps playstyle.

Underestimating? dps prioritises....dps (your prioritising a number not gameplay), it is fundamentally simpler than other builds that favour dps + other elements of gameplay. DPS is a number, when you prioritize numbers well thats what you get, the biggest numbers.

For example many of the favored meta for PVe raids are staff, staff has the least dynamic and interesting skill choices open to it. I quote from one
100%
meta raid build:

'This rotation is logic based with no loops, with the goal of the rotation being to maximise the damage from
three
main skills.'. That's as turgid and dull as it sounds which we all know well.

The rotation is complex, though. Specifically the lack of loops means you have to pay attention and there's a dramatic difference between playing this build well and playing it poorly. Now, I also play heal Tempest occasionally. There's no way I could categorize it as more fun or more dynamic. Paying attention to playing it? Nah, it doesn't matter. Just use your skills, do your overloads, and you're golden. Good party, bad party, solo, it doesn't matter. You're healing like crazy and you can outlive anything. It's an excellent carry, but that "doesn't matter" factor makes it duller because it feels a lot more like the game is playing itself, rather than you playing it.

Archived