Did Anet just endorse GvG?

jul.7602

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Raymond Lukes.6305 said:

@"Haematic.4913" said:

Can you please have a queue and leader-board option or at least leave it on the open table for discussion?Again this is all still in the planning stages but I'll clarify some things. There is no current plan to give this a queue or a leader-board. What we're currently looking into custom arena map that would allow for 15v15 team death match. The thought was to give players an easier place to organize GvG fights. This 15v15 mode would use the sPvP rules and skill splits. Doing this would open the opportunity to do special tournament if the popularity was enough to support a full tournament.

I don't know what Arena Net means implementing "PvP rules".Do you mean PvP Amulet and Rune system? If so, then thats a big NO for me I dont know about other peoples opinion on this.Do you also mean the "15v15" arena will have PvP 5v5 balance? or will it get its on completely separate balance?

Just a suggestion.I love OS. I would die to see OS become one of the maps guild can properly GvG in. 15v15 and 20v20. Especially with 20v20 and 15v15 getting its on balance which will be separated from PvP and PvE.

@trueanimus.4085 said:

@Raymond Lukes.6305 said:This is something we are looking into and not something that has a set release date at all. Ben is still looking into the feasibility of this kind of change so I'd stop throwing coal in the hype train for now. The WvW team is also looking into a better option for GvG fights but we are in the preliminary stages of the investigation just like the PvP team. I just want you guys to temper your excitement until we know more about these ideas.

5 years in and they realize the games name isnt world v world but GUILD wars... still.. what combat guild only has 15 people ... lol.. More like roamers v roamers at that limit lol

Except if you read the lore you’d know why it’s called Guild Wars......

@Xibalbar.7459 said:

Can you please have a queue and leader-board option or at least leave it on the open table for discussion?Again this is all still in the planning stages but I'll clarify some things. There is no current plan to give this a queue or a leader-board. What we're currently looking into custom arena map that would allow for 15v15 team death match. The thought was to give players an easier place to organize GvG fights. This 15v15 mode would use the sPvP rules and skill splits. Doing this would open the opportunity to do special tournament if the popularity was enough to support a full tournament.

Pls NO! The Pvp Gear is all, but not Balanced.. u didnt have the same Gear as the WvW Gear, we dont have all Runes, Sigils as well. We need in these Arena our Equip, not only Meta based stuff, thats not what the Guilds need.Example:Rune of Durability (not in Pvp)Sigill of Hydromancy (not in Pvp)Sigill Energy 25% in Pvp (50% in WvW)

Thats one Example from my Build.

Pls NO! The Pvp Gear is all, but not Balanced.. u didnt have the same Gear as the WvW Gear, we dont have all Runes, Sigils as well. We need in these Arena our Equip, not only Meta based stuff, thats not what the Guilds need.Example:Rune of Durability (not in Pvp)Sigill of Hydromancy (not in Pvp)Sigill Energy 25% in Pvp (50% in WvW)

Because wvw is balanced? Mady my day. GvG is the same cheesy play and meta like in spvp. Nothing will change.

u didnt have in spvp the same Gear.who are the sigills and runes ? in spvp i see only condi creep.

@PassionWhisky.3457 said:

Because wvw is balanced? Mady my day. GvG is the same cheesy play and meta like in spvp. Nothing will change.

u didnt have in spvp the same Gear.who are the sigills and runes ? in spvp i see only condi creep.

2 Specs running condi, rest of classes/builds based on power. So stop talking the myth. Both gamemodes are dictated by the cheesy/easy way with most advantage of everything. Same goes for wvw or any other game, its a human thing. Play the system, not the game. Durability is most op rune to some point and it was good job to delete it in spvp. Energy in wvw is same story. If you like the combat, why you cant GvG in spvp ruleset?

You cant make crazy builds viable for most broken things right?

@Raymond Lukes.6305Automated Tournaments are the way to go for GvG's (15v15) if you end up doing it in PvP area.
I think most people (who play GvG's these days) will agree that instanced Obsidian Sanctum is best what we can ask for BUT (a huge but) from my perspective it does seem making it a PvP map is lot easier for you. There is already a spectate mode, everyone gets access to same gear and most importantly it will be easier for new players who will want to do this with their guilds since we will want to make this grow.As you said you would have to create new UI for it so either way you choose to go - there are things that need to be improved.

I guess at the moment all that matters is finding golden middle between what are wishes of GvG players and what is most productive thing for you to do.There is one way to make this work as best as it can. - COMMUNICATION. I know if this happens it is going to be far from now but keep us informed with what you are planning to do with this and maybe give us a beta test or two and let's see how that goes.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! -Domi

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:This is something we are looking into and not something that has a set release date at all. Ben is still looking into the feasibility of this kind of change so I'd stop throwing coal in the hype train for now. The WvW team is also looking into a better option for GvG fights but we are in the preliminary stages of the investigation just like the PvP team. I just want you guys to temper your excitement until we know more about these ideas.

5 years in and they realize the games name isnt world v world but GUILD wars... still.. what combat guild only has 15 people ... lol.. More like roamers v roamers at that limit lol

GvG's have consistently been 15's or 20's.

I thought they could be anything.... We used to organise 5 v 5 about 4-5 years ago, sometimes 8 v 8 or 10 v 10, just depended on the smallest a guild could field and the other guild would match it.... This was behind the Windmill though, long time ago.

Personally I was always a fan of 5v5, felt more skillful working with 4 others to bring someone down instead of relying on the "spam on driver spam on driver" technique.

Different times back then though, "blobs" were 20 people as there was always atleast 5-10 havok groups running around on the same map, now everyone is just blobbed up together.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Raymond Lukes.6305" said:This is something we are looking into and not something that has a set release date at all. Ben is still looking into the feasibility of this kind of change so I'd stop throwing coal in the hype train for now. The WvW team is also looking into a better option for GvG fights but we are in the preliminary stages of the investigation just like the PvP team. I just want you guys to temper your excitement until we know more about these ideas.

GvG's have consistently been 15's or 20's.

I thought they could be anything.... We used to organise 5 v 5 about 4-5 years ago, sometimes 8 v 8 or 10 v 10, just depended on the smallest a guild could field and the other guild would match it.... This was behind the Windmill though, long time ago.

Personally I was always a fan of 5v5, felt more skillful working with 4 others to bring someone down instead of relying on the "spam on driver spam on driver" technique.

Different times back then though, "blobs" were 20 people as there was always atleast 5-10 havok groups running around on the same map, now everyone is just blobbed up together.

It's been two years since I've done GvGs, and the guild I ran with did 15's. But yeah, 5's and 10's or even numbers would work.

This isn't what a lot of Gvgers have said they wanted, but it's a start,..

IIRC standard GvG was 20-25 in 2014 when it was most prominent.

Tbh, though, GvG died out not so much from the lack of infrastructure but moreso the lack of gameplay in balance/profession design to support it. Make features all you want, but until the professions are made fun again and the gameplay made about skill, timing, and tactics, nothing will revitalize this scene.

You need to butcher the elites, nerf boons/conditions massively, and fix the power creep in stat combos, one way or the other. Otherwise it's literally just a waste of time.

Archived