Arenanet Fix Abrasive Grit.

Hi Arenanet, your love your game. My Class is Broken.

I play Scourge Healer, so I run Scourge Support Traits. Top Top Top Baby! And I LOVE it. I don't do as much damage as Trailblazer Scourge, but I have fun keeping my friends alive and cleared of Condies.

So I was a bit surprised to notice i'm dieing all the sudden after the patch, which should have reduced Condi Damage Stacks. I did some testing and apparently the Trait Abrasive Grit is bugged. It now only clears a condi on the first application of barrier. Then you have to wait 5 seconds for the barrier to dissipate before you can clear another condi, and wait 5 seconds again. I know, I'm Necro I have lots of Condi Clear right? No not really... Stun break / Mobility Skill / Well of Corruption kind of required on Necro, so Abrasive Grit is our Condi Clear...

I know this was working before the recent balance patch, so I believe the hook that refreshes barrier was calling the function for the Abrasive Grit code. (Like I know what a Hook or Function is). You guys are so smart. Anyway I'm sure you could maybe just move the Hook to trigger on barrier Application as the Trait Reads. Not having this Condi clear is making me think Support Scourge is pointless, and I should just mindlessly fall in line with the mass Trailblazer Zombie Zerg meta... I know Anet is a place that fully supports diversity and variety and wouldn't want to kill an entire branch of Healer / Support Necromancy just from a simple overlooking of a Condi Clear trigger. However all I want for Christmas is my Abrasive Grit back!

@Lunacy Solacio.6514 said:Actually that issue was existing before the change on Barrier. I saw it mentioned on the forums and tested it myself to see it. As long as you already had a barrier on, the trait would not activate, because it's only removing condi on initial barrier application

wrong the Remove + Might Stacks where triggered everytime you cast a Barrier on a Target.After the newest patch (5 Sec barrier duration) it seems like only the first Stack would count.Bevore this Patch the Trait worked perfectly

Anet if this is hard to fix thats understandable. Just add it to the known issues / issue tracker and we will know its on someone's todo list. Getting fixes to the LFG sorting is somewhat of a slap in the face, when we the Scourge community are trying to help solve our own condi oppression issues by clearing conditions on our self and others.

One way or another condies are worse because of this bugged trait. There is a lot of barrier going out, and it would be clearing a lot of condies, but instead its just not working.

Archived