Will you pay gems for WvW cosmetics?

EremiteAngel.9765

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Celsith.2753 said:

@Sabre.8251 said:. I can allready hear a cmdr calling to gather at the spooky tower with the bats and all go nuts and run all over the place because not all may have the same skin.

Id buy spooky bat tower! Make so you buy the skin for your guild, claiming an objective places your skin on it for the whole server to see.

Hey now there's an idea, themes! Love it!

It would be interesting to change the look of keep walls, and such... Problem is, how would that be implemented?Capturing Keeps is a guild affair. It's not really a personal thing... It's an odd implementation problem.Also there's the issue that because of how WvW works right now, would it be worth it?I mean sure you'd have a spanking cool keep captured by your guild. But next day that wouldn't be your keep anymore...And camps... damn, those things flip so fast i don't know you'd notice the look.These are the problems with WvW cosmetics. Everything in WvW, by its own nature, is transient. So idk if truly, after seeing it implemented, that many people would buy into it.

If you asked me 5 years ago I would have said yes.Today I will most definitely say HELL NO!

With a lack of WvW updates and even a WvW dev team MIA, why would I spend more money on a game which will not be seen by a dev let alone taken seriously.Even the "expansions" were all about forcing WvW buy them in order to remain on a level playing field with those who the expansion.Dont have the expansion and you are at a disadvantage.The "expansions" made WvW pay to win.And we all know pay to win is the worst setup for any pvp game!

@"Buy Some Apples.6390" said:If you asked me 5 years ago I would have said yes.Today I will most definitely say HELL NO!

With a lack of WvW updates and even a WvW dev team MIA, why would I spend more money on a game which will not be seen by a dev let alone taken seriously.Even the "expansions" were all about forcing WvW buy them in order to remain on a level playing field with those who the expansion.Dont have the expansion and you are at a disadvantage.The "expansions" made WvW pay to win.And we all know pay to win is the worst setup for any pvp game!

Revert linking, return wvw to pre hot for everyone, offer incentives to move servers, kick people off fulll servers not grandfathered in, stop adding gimmicks, expand the gvg arena .... think that hits it all and put life back in the old girl.

Think about it - how much money has been sunk into this game in all those years, not much changed, and you honestly expect them to all of a sudden prioritize WvW and actually want to throw more money at them? Please wake up, don't support them in breaking the game even more by giving them more incentives to monetize every last bits of it. The truth is, if they cared about us we'd see major changes progressively. Please, start seeing what your'e supposed to see. Don't give in to hope, it's an illusion.

Archived