game crashes every time i hit "play"

Akkrem.8157

windows updated itself the day before yesterday and since then gw2 has always crashed every single time i click "play". i've tried repairing, running as an administrator, updated my video card drivers, basically everything i've seen suggested BUT NOTHING WORKS!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( my wintersday wonderland :s

//EDIT: i managed to reverse the windows update and everything works! <3<3<3

Seem to missed that you downgraded.. Ah well... Here is what I would have suggested... =)

Try the following command line argument:

First, please navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder. By default, this will be C:\Program Files(x86)\Guild Wars 2.

Right-click on "Gw2-64.exe" and select "Create Shortcut."Rename this shortcut to "Guild Wars 2 Windowed."Right-click on this shortcut and select "Properties."Edit the "Target" line to include -windowed at the end. Note: Please make sure -windowed is outside of the quotes-- Correctly Formatted Example: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -windowed -- Incorrectly Formatted Example: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe -windowed "Once completed, click "Ok" to save your changes. 

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 5 again.

Once completed, try starting Guild Wars 2 again by using this new shortcut.

@"TechAssist.4635" said:Seem to missed that you downgraded.. Ah well... Here is what I would have suggested... =)

Try the following command line argument:

First, please navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder. By default, this will be C:\Program Files(x86)\Guild Wars 2.

Right-click on "Gw2-64.exe" and select "Create Shortcut."Rename this shortcut to "Guild Wars 2 Windowed."Right-click on this shortcut and select "Properties."Edit the "Target" line to include -windowed at the end. Note: Please make sure -windowed is outside of the quotes-- Correctly Formatted Example: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe" -windowed -- Incorrectly Formatted Example: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2-64.exe -windowed "Once completed, click "Ok" to save your changes. 

If you get an error trying to save, your target line may not have the correct format. Please try Step 5 again.

Once completed, try starting Guild Wars 2 again by using this new shortcut.

I was having this exact problem.This worked!!!

Thanks alot

If you want to go back to Fullscreen and use Rivatuner Statistic Server, try shutting RTSS down and try Fullscreen again. The FPS overlay/OSD part of RTSS is making a few games crash. I had the same problem as you but windowed mode kills my game performance so for me that wouldn't be a fix. Either way, glad it's working.

Archived