Best 1v1 class right now ?

cptn skyz.8706

@Morwath.9817 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:Spellbreaker, and any real bunker, auramancer/fb/druid.Never gonna kill them 1v1 you just gotta walk away.Anyone who says mirage or any dps class doesn't pvp and has no idea what they are talking about.

Auramancer, ooo-hooo-hooo, you made Quaggans day!

Was that sarcasm?Cause when i play my ele in pvp on my auramancer i can't kill anything but i sure as hell as not being kill by anything 1v1, too much cleanse for necro, get that runes that remove conditions on shouts, run 3 shouts run water/earth traitline with diamond skin, you have to many cleanses for conditions to kill you an way to much healing for power to kill you did i mention overeloads break stun?

Yeah overloads break stuns.

@Morwath.9817 said:

@ArthurDent.9538 said:Druid, mirage, and spellbreaker are the primary duelist classes. Scourge is also strong in most 1v1's and weaver can do alright.

Quaggan thinks what he said is sooo true, but maybe in different order (Mirage>Druid=Spellbreaker).

There was no order to them intended, mirage is the best among them though because portal is so good and it has the best killing power.

@Genesis.5169 said:

@Genesis.5169 said:Spellbreaker, and any real bunker, auramancer/fb/druid.Never gonna kill them 1v1 you just gotta walk away.Anyone who says mirage or any dps class doesn't pvp and has no idea what they are talking about.

Was that sarcasm?Cause when i play my ele in pvp on my auramancer i can't kill anything but i sure as hell as not being kill by anything 1v1, too much cleanse for necro, get that runes that remove conditions on shouts, run 3 shouts run water/earth traitline with diamond skin, you have to many cleanses for conditions to kill you an way to much healing for power to kill you did i mention overeloads break stun?

Ooo, get to 1800 while playing only Auramancer and if it's soo good, you will do it with ease!

Low skill levels: Scourge. The effectiveness of the class when mindlessly spammed is very high so scourge should poop on everything in silver/bronze.Medium skill levels: Spellbreaker. People who know how to pvp but don't quite get how to play reactively will eat fc over and over. Great class for gold.High skill levels: condi Mirage. Once a player knows how to chain evade mirage is unkillable. Positive matchups against pretty much everything. Has no viable counter.

Mirage is probably the best overall package, with great mobility, insane condi burst and few counters. Spellbreaker is still strong, a better point holder while not as bursty and mobile. Can also hold a 1v2 for quite a while. Druid is most bunkerish of 1v1s, can survive 1v2 for ages, also has to offer support and okay mobility, however it does no burst and takes ages to actually get a kill. Holo has great burst and few counters, however the mobility is rather bad (unless with Tools Rocket Boots, which will decrease the burst) and can be easily +1d by high mobility/high dps classes such as thief, mes or even revenant.

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:Low skill levels: Scourge. The effectiveness of the class when mindlessly spammed is very high so scourge should poop on everything in silver/bronze.Medium skill levels: Spellbreaker. People who know how to pvp but don't quite get how to play reactively will eat fc over and over. Great class for gold.High skill levels: condi Mirage. Once a player knows how to chain evade mirage is unkillable. Positive matchups against pretty much everything. Has no viable counter.

nah, condi sword thief takes em down. ive even down em with traps. confusion on steal really helps

for the rest, everything has a counter. nothing is the king. maybe there king of meta in circle dance, but there is always a build to trump a build in 1 v 1s.

Mirage is comepletely overpowered when you can play the class. The outcome of the fight is only dependant on the mirage player, because a mirage has so many defensive cds that a good player can counter everything that is thrown at him. Combine that with insane fast condition application and reapplication and you got the best 1v1 elite spec. And if a mirage tends to lose a fight (e.g. outnumbered) he can use his extreme mobility and get to another point or simply reset the fight super quick. Mirage is even worse in WvW.

Fought a condi mirage on a marauder symbolic DH once. Guy kept coming to try and take home point from me, but with my plentiful condi cleanses and decent damage and mobility, he simply died or portal every time. Tried to tell him he'd never kill me with a condi class and should just give up, but he never learned.

@Morwath.9817 said:

Ooo, get to 1800 while playing only Auramancer and if it's soo good, you will do it with ease!

Mid platinium here with only Staff celestial auramancer :D ok i think im pretty good with this offmeta class and have Been lucky too i guess

• 2 weeks later...

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

Mid platinium here with only Staff celestial auramancer :D ok i think im pretty good with this offmeta class and have Been lucky too i guess

Guess it's time for the ele players to start re-rolling staff auramancer builds guys.

/Sarcasm

• 5 weeks later...

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:Low skill levels: Scourge. The effectiveness of the class when mindlessly spammed is very high so scourge should poop on everything in silver/bronze.Medium skill levels: Spellbreaker. People who know how to pvp but don't quite get how to play reactively will eat fc over and over. Great class for gold.High skill levels: condi Mirage. Once a player knows how to chain evade mirage is unkillable. Positive matchups against pretty much everything. Has no viable counter.

I run a condi mirage and this is true, you ain't killing a mirage if he knows how to play it

Archived