Best 1v1 class right now ?

cptn skyz.8706

Holo Leap has rather low range and isn't that much faster than running. It's good to disengage from melees but you won't get away with it. Also most melee specs have their own leaps/ports. Only way holo has good mobility is with tools/rocket boots, but that means you can't pick explosives and lose a lot of dmg. The meta spec has some mobility with jump shot and holo leap but it doesn't compare to SB, Druid, Thief or Mirage (which are the common 1v1ers in the current meta).

@Falan.1839 said:Holo Leap has rather low range and isn't that much faster than running. It's good to disengage from melees but you won't get away with it. Also most melee specs have their own leaps/ports. Only way holo has good mobility is with tools/rocket boots, but that means you can't pick explosives and lose a lot of dmg. The meta spec has some mobility with jump shot and holo leap but it doesn't compare to SB, Druid, Thief or Mirage (which are the common 1v1ers in the current meta).

That, and holo leap has a very slow ending animation fall before actually completing, so technically, it covers about the same amount of ground when just running. The only thing that actually helps the person semi escape is the swiftness.

Also looking at my original posts I probably shouldn't have omitted S/D Thief, which is increasingly popular. Imo it's kind of a mix between the old d/p DD focussed on +1 and decaps and a 1v1 class. I would argue that it's overall not as strong as the other meta 1v1 specs, but has the big advantage of countering at least two of these specs, namely Spellbreaker and Mirage. For Spellbreaker it is frustrating to fight because of the constant engage/disengage with 2 sword paired with the constant dodges (sword 3 and normal dodge), which makes it extremely hard to capitalize on endure pain and land enough of bursts/fcs to build up adrenal health. Also shield 5 block is more or less useless against that spec because of unblockables. Against mirage it gets a lot of profit from the combination of double steal + double use on stolen items and the OPness of consume plasma (thief stolen ability from mes), which floods the thief with boons incl. resistance. Also it probably the only other class that can actually match the mirages mobility and chase him down. In a recent daily AT on Sind's stream you could see him shred through Frostball (was semifinals on Kyhlo I think), showing how strong that build is against mirage.

Mirage is definetely the best 1v1 but it's not a base holder at all, as Mirage you can't stick around inside the base vs certain match-ups since huge part of our prowness comes from our mobility and stealth, Mirage is not a class that can take opponents head on like a tank so sticking close to bunker builds will only ruin your day. Still the best duelist since it can deal with multiple opponents and reset fights unlike the other duelists.

@Resource.6429 said:

@"kitten.5682" said:lol @ those who still think spellbreaker is still good in 1vs1.

Still is. What are you saying?

1v1 class with almost no matchups sounds great. Obv talking about meta classes and not intentionally bad builds/speccs. Beating something that is just worse, like scrapper, doesn't make it good.

Sb beats druid and scourge. Can also beat thief, mirage and holo.

@allias.1420 said:

@"kitten.5682" said:lol @ those who still think spellbreaker is still good in 1vs1.

Still is. What are you saying?

1v1 class with almost no matchups sounds great. Obv talking about meta classes and not intentionally bad builds/speccs. Beating something that is just worse, like scrapper, doesn't make it good.

Sb beats druid and scourge. Can also beat thief, mirage and holo.

Sb stalemates druid and scourge is probably the biggest counter to sb and u say sb beats it, sounds like the forums. And it doesn't beat thief mirage and holo. sure u "can" if they're much worse but that doesn't make sb have the matchup. Its a 1v1 class that has no matchup apart from a stalemate (vs meta)

Good spellbreakers crush Holos, you just need to know your timings for endure pain, boon rip, CC etc. It's a matchup that has quite a different outcome in high end than let's say plat 1, because the skillcap for the SB is higher in this mu. But if the SB knows how to play it, it's quite a favorable matchup. SB can also kill druid, or at least force a full cap.

@Falan.1839 said:Good spellbreakers crush Holos, you just need to know your timings for endure pain, boon rip, CC etc. It's a matchup that has quite a different outcome in high end than let's say plat 1, because the skillcap for the SB is higher in this mu. But if the SB knows how to play it, it's quite a favorable matchup. SB can also kill druid, or at least force a full cap.

This^^

Sb doesnt kill a druid but it forces a full cap. Same with scourge. A good sb will be aware of resistance corruption and kite as necessary. Against a good mirage its more or less an even fight. Again, this depends on individual skill level. Against thief sb will win with well timed fc.

Assuming both players are mechanically immaculate, I believe its a stale mate. Sb wins because it can capture the point whereas mirage, druid, holo must stealth up occasionally. Thief has to kite around quite a lot and therefore give up the point.

Are you saying sb isnt a good 1v1 because you suck at it?

No point in going back and forth with "yes it does" "no it doesn't" "yes it does" "no it doesn't". I'm informing you and idc what u do with it.

@"allias.1420" said:

No, that's not at all what I'm saying, I'm saying it's not a good 1v1 class because it barely has any matchups.

Is this you?

@"Resource.6429" said:No point in going back and forth with "yes it does" "no it doesn't" "yes it does" "no it doesn't". I'm informing you and idc what u do with it.

@"allias.1420" said:

No, that's not at all what I'm saying, I'm saying it's not a good 1v1 class because it barely has any matchups.

Is this you?

So what I want to know is why you believe this. Is your opinion coming from experience, observation or what? Are you talking in terms of low, average or high skill rating?

@Falan.1839 said:Good spellbreakers crush Holos, you just need to know your timings for endure pain, boon rip, CC etc. It's a matchup that has quite a different outcome in high end than let's say plat 1, because the skillcap for the SB is higher in this mu. But if the SB knows how to play it, it's quite a favorable matchup. SB can also kill druid, or at least force a full cap.

according to zan the odds holo vs sb so ur wrong

sb60/4065/35

70/30 vs druid50/50 mirage20/80 scourge

@bluri.2653 said:

sb60/4065/35

70/30 vs druid in favour of which? From personal experience I haven't had a problem against druid as sb. But on the other hand I have never faced a top druid player, so im bias in that respect

SB shines when fight against opponent who rely on multi-attacks or AI to ramp up damage (except scourge which corrupts heavily), which thief, mirage and druid falls under. Currently holosmith has more than enough high damage single hit skills to control or bait out FC/endure pain/shield stance, but that might change if holo mode has some of its damage reduced. And other classes simply don't have well-rounded 1v1 meta build.

@allias.1420 said:

sb60/4065/35

70/30 vs druid in favour of which? From personal experience I haven't had a problem against druid as sb. But on the other hand I have never faced a top druid player, so im bias in that respect

those stats are holosmithonly thing i know about sb vs druid is lefrere (druid) beat obindo in 1v1 in UGO, like actually killed idk how or what build he ran

@bluri.2653 said:

@"Falan.1839" said:Good spellbreakers crush Holos, you just need to know your timings for endure pain, boon rip, CC etc. It's a matchup that has quite a different outcome in high end than let's say plat 1, because the skillcap for the SB is higher in this mu. But if the SB knows how to play it, it's quite a favorable matchup. SB can also kill druid, or at least force a full cap.

sb60/4065/35

Well, my experience is different, but it's hard to argue about stuff like this, arguably different players have their strengths in different matchup. I would give myself a better ratio against mirage and a worse one against Druid and SB from the one you mentioned.

Also with Zan the problem is probably that there are overall very few players on his skill level, so that might skew the numbers. The numbers vs mirage are probably against Misha, but I don't know if he fought a warr with similar skill. I'd really like to see him duel Boyce or Obindo though.

Here is the a fight from the last monthly where the warr from my grp fights Angels. I'd say they're roughly on the same skill level, yet it goes really bad for the holo. The end isn't 1v1 but I think you get what I want to say. Also when I dueled that warr many of my fights against him looked similarly, I probably lose 7/10.

Edit: The timestamp doesn't work, the fight is at 10:30.

It's a bit easier for holo when you dont have to push the point so hard as in that situation, but it's still one of the matchups I like least (probably only beaten by scourge IMO).

@Falan.1839 said:

sb60/4065/35

Well, my experience is different, but it's hard to argue about stuff like this, arguably different players have their strengths in different matchup. I would give myself a better ratio against mirage and a worse one against Druid and SB from the one you mentioned.

Also with Zan the problem is probably that there are overall very few players on his skill level, so that might skew the numbers. The numbers vs mirage are probably against Misha, but I don't know if he fought a warr with similar skill. I'd really like to see him duel Boyce or Obindo though.

Here is the a fight from the last monthly where the warr from my grp fights Angels. I'd say they're roughly on the same skill level, yet it goes really bad for the holo. The end isn't 1v1 but I think you get what I want to say. Also when I dueled that warr many of my fights against him looked similarly, I probably lose 7/10.

Edit: The timestamp doesn't work, the fight is at 10:30.

It's a bit easier for holo when you dont have to push the point so hard as in that situation, but it's still one of the matchups I like least (probably only beaten by scourge IMO).

If anything you show a holo who eats every single thing in the game meanwhile literally misses every single thing in the game, so if that's your proof then omegalul. Zan has no issues vs any sb unless he majorly fucks up

Archived