Hi, new to Guild Wars, playing a Necromancer and...

panchovilla.5986

Hi, new to Guild Wars, playing a Necromancer and I have basically 2 questions, which may of course involve more questions, but here goes.I used an instant 80 token, so my primary concern is getting the hero points to fill in my Elite Specs, and I think that can be addressed by joining hero point groups if they are still a thing.Which I suppose takes care of question 1, but my second question is...How is a good way to fill out my build on my necro?The insta-80 gear is heavy on + condition damage so I suppose I'll need to head that direction.I have a decent dagger, scepter, and staff available to me, and I am looking for a torch for later.

You mention torch so I assume you are looking to make a Scourge, yes?

Scourge is primarily condition so yes, you will want gear that is condi damage heavy. The best gear for PvE will be Viper's gear. Viper's is a bit of a grind, so mixing rabid and carrion is a good for a quick cheap set. If PvE isn't your goal and you are instead interested in WvW, then you will want trailblazer or Dire gear. Structured PvP has it's own system that you don't need gear for.

You will eventually want equipment for several builds. The Rabid stat' type you get with a boost is not what most people use. It is acceptable for WvW condi, though.

Toughness will mark you as a "tank" in PvE group play and draw aggro, which you will not want. Toughness also does not help with agony in fractals so, many of us avoid toughness aside from solo play.

Vitality increases your life force capacity as well as health so it does a bit of double duty.

Necro also has traits that improve critical hit chance so trading precision for another stat' is perfectly fine.

With that said, Berserker equipment is good for dps power Necro and Reaper builds. Add power runes based on what you can afford. Strength or Scholar's runes with Force and Air sigils are commonly used.

Condition damage builds are best with Viper's stat's because of the increase in condition duration that expertise brings. However, if you cannot afford Viper's right away, Carrion, and other types with condi damage but no toughness will do. Put simply...

• Scepter is your primary condi dps weapon and Curses is the core condi trait line. It bleeds and poisons.
  • Reaper is a power trait line that can be hybrid power/condi with the Deathly Chill trait but, for the most part, look to Reaper for elite power builds.
  • Scourge adds Torment and Burning condition damage to the core scepter builds, along with substantial group support, but is harder to play.

For more support, adding healing power can sometimes help group play. I also carry Shaman's (condi heal) and Cleric's (power heal) equipment.

Necro can heal in groups, though it is far from the best profession for that. Between core Necro's various moderate healing AoE, porting downed players for res'ing using transfusion, elite Scourge's barriers acting as partial "blocks" on demand, and the extensive condition management skills scattered all over the profession, Necro can run a support build, although it is not as potent as other professions' options.

Learn what traits synergize with each other, weapons, armor, upgrades, trinkets, and consumables. A focused approach to a build will yield better results than a less considered one. Use the wiki and build simulators. Also, target your build for each encounter.

Builds from a few patches ago, may not be optimal, but can give a base line to start with.https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/780lzi/open_world_pve_builds/https://docs.google.com/document/d/14DLMF37IupTKmpytnTjnT8RS-h0WzqeqIneXqxm5oCM/preview

Builds for min/max optimal end game content(which unfortunately means Necro is not desirable by speed groups and min/max crowd) But is still in sPvP and WvW metahttp://metabattle.com/wiki/MetaBattle_Wikihttps://qtfy.eu/guildwars/builds/https://snowcrows.com/

for zerging as a core, if you want condi, try something like this. Ultimately if you want to zerg, you're gonna need to get scourge unlocked and do something like this. You can also take unending corruption over sadistic searing for more on-demand corrupts. You can also take blood magic out for soul reaping for more damage and boon corrupt (shorter f2 cd). You can also take out trail of anguish for serpent siphon for more ranged aoe boon corrupts. Other option for runes are antitoxin, nightmare+trapper, or renegade for something leaning more on the offense.

editforgot to mention, it might be better to take parasitic contagion over weakening shroud depending on your lf situation, scourge uses sand shroud as their "enter shroud" and that isn't exactly sustainable unless you have alot of things constantly dying around you.

Archived