Frostforged weapon set is basically free now.

Kruzak.3076

Since BLC includes Frostforged weapons as a drop the prices went down. It is great time to unlock all 16 weapon skins and get 7  Black Lion Claim Tickets as a reward from the achievement - Frostforged Weapon Collection. Tickets exchanged for new skins (like Glacial set) and then sold will cover total investment cost. If you do this before others, you can even make some profit. I made over 100g. ;)

GL&HF

@rwolf.9571 said:

@"Reanne.5462" said:how do you open the blc?

They require Black Lion Keys
You can buy these skins off the Trading Post to complete this collection to get the Claim Tickets.

Although in this case, the OP is advocating just buying the skins directly from the TP, avoiding the Black Lion Chests altogether.

PS warning: if more than a few people follow the advice, (a) the price of the Frostforged Weapons is going to go up and (b) the price of glacials will go down. Be careful with how much you spend and the price you choose to sell at.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Reanne.5462" said:how do you open the blc?

They require Black Lion Keys
You can buy these skins off the Trading Post to complete this collection to get the Claim Tickets.

Although in this case, the OP is advocating just buying the skins directly from the TP, avoiding the Black Lion Chests altogether.

PS warning: if more than a few people follow the advice, (a) the price of the Frostforged Weapons is going to go up and (b) the price of glacials will go down. Be careful with how much you spend and the price you choose to sell at.

This is true. When I bought my set prices were low enough to make profit. Now it is a good way of getting cool-looking weapon set for pennies. Just do the math and decide for yourself. ;)

Are there any other black lion weapons that have crashed in value and are affordable like the Frostforged weapons?

Getting the 7 black lion ticket reward when completing the collection was such great advice. Most of the weapon skins went from anywhere 20 to 30 gold.

So happy to complete my first black lion weapon set ever !

@OutOfOrder.3719 said:Are there any other black lion weapons that have crashed in value and are affordable like the Frostforged weapons?

Generally speaking, the ones that just converted from 1 ticket to 2 or just showed up as relatively frequent drops from new BL Chests will be the most affordable; they always 'crash' in value.

Currently, the cheapest sets are:

• Daydreamer's (429-523g) (lower number = using highest buy offers; highest number: using insta-buy, i.e. lowest sell price)
  • Frostforged (304-385g)
  • Improvised (402-607g)
  • Leyline (479-655g)
  • Soaring (414-681g)

Keep in mind that these prices change by the hour (if not more frequently) and often go up after someone posts numbers publicly.

By comparison, the glacial skins are 854-1023g. The top seven are worth about 420 gold before taxes, closer to 330g after fees.

tl;dr Frostforged is the only skin set that is 'free' after monetizing your 7 BL tickets from completing the collection. A few others are potentially affordable at a discount.

PS Glacial is unusual in that prices per skin have remained in the 50-60g range this long after introduction. That isn't typically the case anymore.

Archived