FULL WEAVER GUIDE | WvW-PvP-PvE | Sword + Staff | Basic + Advanced

Lasiurus.4067

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot :)The work from Sword/Dagger Guide for PvP/WvW is doing well, nearly done :)

There is

• Introduction
  • Build/Traits Review
  • Gear with different Option
  • Skill Review
  • Rotations & Combos
  • Advanced Fighting Tips (versus specific class, etc)
  • Keybinding

If you want to see something else, tell me

• 2 weeks later...

Release of the new Sword/Dagger Guide in mid april.It will be in english with full subtitles, the lenght is about 1 hour (!)Took a LOT of time haha.

Thanks all for your support, the FULL WEAVER GUIDE success (40.000 view, 1K like), encourages me to make others guide.

Working on :

• Sword/Dagger Guide for PvP/WvW : release Mid April
  • Fresh Air Scepter/Focus Guide : release in May
  • Weaver Guide for PvE : beginners friendly / map exploration : release in June
  • Weaver Staff Guide for PvE : HL - Raid & Fractal / release in July

ENjoy, feel free to ask anything !

@"schmots.6803" said:I can tell you the guide I would like "How not to die in HoT as a Weaver" :-) I love my weaver and I got a lot from your guide. Mostly its probably just me or my build, but the jungle... it hurts.

HoT Map are way harder, especially if you play solo, than PoF or core Tyria, imo :) Best is to make meta with huge squad, but if you want to solo you should take more tanky gear/stuff, like celestial :P

never played Ele but after the guide i started one and i finished all 3 maps with weaver.thank you for the guides it helped me a lot as noob ele .not perfect in WvW roaming still having some rotations/combo issues but getting better im runing same armor/trink/weps/ stats you provided.waiting on new tutorials.Merci bcoup et bon travaille.

• 2 weeks later...

@"voodoo.7412" said:never played Ele but after the guide i started one and i finished all 3 maps with weaver.thank you for the guides it helped me a lot as noob ele .not perfect in WvW roaming still having some rotations/combo issues but getting better im runing same armor/trink/weps/ stats you provided.waiting on new tutorials.Merci bcoup et bon travaille.

Thanks a lot <3 Small Guide coming in 2 days to explain my gameplay on a video, next friday :)Here is the "trailer"

Incredibly good guide video. I just came back to the game and am completely new to Ele, so focus on finisher/field synergy is basically new ground within a class (spent 1700 hours on Warrior/Necro, one has very few fields and the other has/had very few finishers). The video has an excellent review of how traits, abilities, and combos work together for incredible benefit.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...

@Cogbyrn.7283 said:Incredibly good guide video. I just came back to the game and am completely new to Ele, so focus on finisher/field synergy is basically new ground within a class (spent 1700 hours on Warrior/Necro, one has very few fields and the other has/had very few finishers). The video has an excellent review of how traits, abilities, and combos work together for incredible benefit.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot :)In 10 days : my new S/D Weaver Guide, nearly 2 hours in multiple languages :)

Cello, using your staff build. Love everything about it. Dropping 12k+ meteors (thanks to the recent change to it) is always fun. More of a buff wvw imo increased spike dps and let's admit it, who stays in meteor for more than the first few hits? Now they're lucky to survive it.

Question about changing either a piece of gear or trait. Running full marauder armor and staff, full zerker trinkets and back. To hit the "magical" 15k hp, do you suggest a celestial trinket/back like in your build or can we settle for the hp trait in weaver, 3xx? I get that 1xx guarantees crit on full bomb with fury up but what's the difference are we talking here if we use full zerker trinkets/back? Another option is since I'm running marauder staff, hitting 15k+ is easy to obtain with vitality infusions without changing the build (personally in favor of this.)

Also, in 15-30 squad gvg do you still suggest arcane brilliance over ether renewal. Getting hit with condi bombs in backline a lot and have been running ether mostly.

Would love to see a positioning guide from you in field gvg if you ever have the time.

• 2 weeks later...

@"TSOdinson.2518" said:Cello, using your staff build. Love everything about it. Dropping 12k+ meteors (thanks to the recent change to it) is always fun. More of a buff wvw imo increased spike dps and let's admit it, who stays in meteor for more than the first few hits? Now they're lucky to survive it.

Question about changing either a piece of gear or trait. Running full marauder armor and staff, full zerker trinkets and back. To hit the "magical" 15k hp, do you suggest a celestial trinket/back like in your build or can we settle for the hp trait in weaver, 3xx? I get that 1xx guarantees crit on full bomb with fury up but what's the difference are we talking here if we use full zerker trinkets/back? Another option is since I'm running marauder staff, hitting 15k+ is easy to obtain with vitality infusions without changing the build (personally in favor of this.)

Also, in 15-30 squad gvg do you still suggest arcane brilliance over ether renewal. Getting hit with condi bombs in backline a lot and have been running ether mostly.

Would love to see a positioning guide from you in field gvg if you ever have the time.

• If you need just a bit more tank, you can add celestial back (Back is the gear that benefits the most from celestial). If you still need more tank, you can add celestial to either Chest & head gear Celestial stats (these 2 piece benefits the most of celestial after back)
  • Yes, Ether Renewal is the best versus condition & also a good choice ! I use often both, Arcane Brilliance is better for burst fast heal, but Ether is better versus Condition.

@Lasiurus.4067 said:About Staff 27:30Staff Build (WvW-PvE) 28:10Staff Skill Review 32:35Staff Combo/Rotations 38:35

I'm assuming your staff build is not for WvW, since you would get absolutely wrecked repeatedly if you tried to do anything other than range cast meteors and run away. Survival is nil, damage is high. You've no stability and your stun breaks have a huge cool down. You would be one-shot by any mirage or thief and out-ranged by a ranger who would probably kill you with one volley too.

Also equally likely, this is why you don't post WvW videos using staff.

@biofrog.1568 said:

@Lasiurus.4067 said:About Staff 27:30Staff Build (WvW-PvE) 28:10Staff Skill Review 32:35Staff Combo/Rotations 38:35

I'm assuming your staff build is not for WvW, since you would get absolutely wrecked repeatedly if you tried to do anything other than range cast meteors and run away. Survival is nil, damage is high. You've no stability and your stun breaks have a huge cool down. You would be one-shot by any mirage or thief and out-ranged by a ranger who would probably kill you with one volley too.

All you need in wvw with staff are flash and twist of fate. You can survive almost anything and reposition easily, everything else is just a bonus, but not mandatory most of the time.

@biofrog.1568 said:

@"Lasiurus.4067" said:About Staff 27:30Staff Build (WvW-PvE) 28:10Staff Skill Review 32:35Staff Combo/Rotations 38:35

1/ My Staff Build is for WvW. Not for Roaming but for Zerg Fight.

2/ The damage comes from Meteor Shower but also Lava Font, Fire/Earth #3, Water #2. CC is also important.

3/ The survive is hard & is all about placement & positioning.

4/ Enjoy my Staff WvW Videos with this build

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

2/ The damage comes from Meteor Shower but also Lava Font, Fire/Earth #3, Water #2. CC is also important.

Like I said, with that build you would get wrecked repeatedly. Cast meteor shower, run away and that includes using blink and twist of fate. If anyone focuses you, you are dead. Your biggest hope is to mist form from downed state and hope someone revives you or you get somewhere out of site.

It's a one-hit wonder build, simple as that. No sustain and all damage means you just sit on the edges of the actual fight. The moment you get hit, you get downed and become a rally bot. It's a hindrance to the server you are on.

Stick to sword weaver, or any build that provides more sustain.

@biofrog.1568 said:

Like I said, with that build you would get wrecked repeatedly. Cast meteor shower, run away and that includes using blink and twist of fate. If
anyone
focuses you, you are dead. Your biggest hope is to mist form from downed state and hope someone revives you or you get somewhere out of site.

It's a one-hit wonder build, simple as that. No sustain and all damage means you just sit on the edges of the actual fight. The moment you get hit, you get downed and become a rally bot. It's a hindrance to the server you are on.

Whats wrong with this dude? Is he talking about something else? Wvw zergs?

@Milan.9035 said:

@biofrog.1568 said:Like I said, with that build you would get wrecked repeatedly. Cast meteor shower, run away and that includes using blink and twist of fate. If
anyone
focuses you, you are dead. Your biggest hope is to mist form from downed state and hope someone revives you or you get somewhere out of site.

Whats wrong with this dude? Is he talking about something else? Wvw zergs?

He isnt wrong though, you die if enemy sneezes in your direction, but at the same time you can wreck half of enemy zerg with one skill. As Celo said, it's all about positioning.

• 2 months later...

@biofrog.1568 said:

Like I said, with that build you would get wrecked repeatedly. Cast meteor shower, run away and that includes using blink and twist of fate. If
anyone

His build is for zerg fights - sword weaver can't do anything in zergs, there's no way sword weaver has enough sustain to stay in frontline to do something meaningful (because of melee range). For staff eles it's all about positioning - sure, if you get focused you can go down easily, but if positioned well you can react early enough to get out and re-position. If for some reason you get hit and go down immediately, I would say it's definitely a positioning problem - you're supposed to be backline and backliners can't get downed that easily, especially when weavers have twist of fate, lightning flash and mist form.

• 4 months later...

Archived