Fun changes to traits and skills (theory crafting/not real)

Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365

I rly dont like numerical traits like %increased dmg or #stats, but the more interesting a trait is the more fun it becomes. So I scrambled together a few examples of stuff that I kinda wish the traits would look like.

advanced turrets traitcreates a dome, turrets are invuln for 11/2 sec after placement (instead of dmg reduction)

grenadiermakes grenade kit throw 1 larger bomb with increased aoe that bounces 1 time

medkitThe nr 2-5 skills now apply a pack with 5 stacks to allies around you. Depending on which skill you use (of the 2-5) the pack gives different support effects.nr1 skill detonates any packs on allies withing the range. If the packs aren't triggered by the nr1 skill, they will detonate themselves by getting hit by enemies.

nr2= 1k heal per pack (5k heal if nr1skill), nr3= remove a condition per stack. nr4= 1sec super speed per stack, nr5=1 sec of resistance per stack

flamethrowersmokevent= now lasts for 5 sec and blinds melee attackers on hitnr1 skill= resets the burning duration on an enemy already burning (reduced to 3 hits less channel time)

minesall mines droped by engieer (traits and skills) removes swiftness and applies crippled to enemies

juggernautwhile in any kit for longer than 3sec gives bonuses depending on the kit

• medkit: all packs now heal (for skill 2 this is an additional heal) 300heal
  • mortar: all shells become unblockable
  • toolkit: pluses 3sec of super speed every 6 sec
  • e-gun: pulses 2 sec of resistances every 3 sec
  • grenadekit: pulses fury every 3 sec
  • bombkit: gives 1k barrier every 4 sec
  • flamethrower: after 3 sec, you get a fire aura until you swap out of the kit

Power wrenchHitting a turret with nr1 resets its overcharge kill, CD 15sec

What do you guys feel about these changes? Anything to add, change or remove? Any other traits/skills that can be made more interesting and fun?

Lemme know!

(work in progress) ;D

@TheWolf.1602 said:if the flamethrower gives perma fire aura, it should also be interruptable, bomb kit could be a blast finisher every 3 seconds

It would replace the current effect that gives stab! more focus on the condi aspect of the weapon. thats the direction anet went last time so I tried to make it more into that directiontoo.

the bomb kit was prob the hardest to come up wth anything. Anet want bomkit to be a condi weapon and the only boon that directly supports condis is might, but not only do engies already have alot of might application, but might is sucha boring boon and I want these traits to be fun!I like your idea about a blast finisher or knock back. Or maybe even an aoe pull just like speedy kit trait.

both the grenade and bomb kit suffer from their #2-5 skills applying condis while their AA and toolbelt skills being power oriented... It seems (at least to me) that most kits are condi focused, so either grenade or condi (or both?) should be power focused. both the toolkit and elixer gun are condi focused, grenade, bomb kit and flamethrower are hybrids, where are the power kits? rifle is more cc than power and sword feels a bit weak... Even the mortar kit combines power and condi...

@Lunateric.3708 said:Bomb and grenade kits work both as power and as condi, that's why they are used in the meta builds for power Holo and condi engi. Saying they are partial to either choice is not understanding what the kits do.

What the kit does and what anet's intent with the kit may differ. The last time the touched bomb kit they redued the reduced the direct dmg on the condi bombs did they not? Thats the approach I took with this theory crafting :)With that said, keep the focus on what the thread was intended for. Namely fun trait/skill changes for the engeer core class.

@Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:

@"Lunateric.3708" said:Bomb and grenade kits work both as power and as condi, that's why they are used in the meta builds for power Holo and condi engi. Saying they are partial to either choice is not understanding what the kits do.

What the kit does and what anet's intent with the kit may differ. The last time the touched bomb kit they redued the reduced the direct dmg on the condi bombs did they not? Thats the approach I took with this theory crafting :)With that said, keep the focus on what the thread was intended for. Namely fun trait/skill changes for the engeer core class.

That is not correct. Fire bomb for example as a standalone skill has been buffed power-wise several times already and is in fact used in the power Holo variant. You can see the full changelings here:

Gotta also consider bomb autos have a 1.25 power coefficient that makes it the best power kit auto the engi has ever had prior to photon forge (photon forge isn't really a kit though).

Just to give more examples, shrapnel grenade has a 0.63 coefficient per nade, Freeze and Poison nades got a 0.5 coefficient instead but still pretty good.

It is pretty obvious those kits are maybe the most balanced kits engi has when it comes to how they interact with either power or condi builds.

As for "fun" changes, I would love it if gyros had the travel speed the scrapper they come from has.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@Lunateric.3708 said:Bomb and grenade kits work both as power and as condi, that's why they are used in the meta builds for power Holo and condi engi. Saying they are partial to either choice is not understanding what the kits do.

That is not correct. Fire bomb for example as a standalone skill has been buffed power-wise several times already and is in fact used in the power Holo variant. You can see the full changelings here:

Gotta also consider bomb autos have a 1.25 power coefficient that makes it the best power kit auto the engi has ever had prior to photon forge (photon forge isn't really a kit though).

Just to give more examples, shrapnel grenade has a 0.63 coefficient
per nade
, Freeze and Poison nades got a 0.5 coefficient instead but still pretty good.

It is pretty obvious those kits are maybe the most balanced kits engi has when it comes to how they interact with either power or condi builds.

As for "fun" changes, I would love it if gyros had the travel speed the scrapper they come from has.

Ah that is true actually! I've alreayd started thnik out more power based/ front line power based stuff for the jgugernaut bombkit bonus! Good stuff.

As for the gyros. Is there any traits that you would make more exciting to use? Have more synergy with core engie or otehr gyro traits?

One of the main issues with Scrapper is the fact it got heavy nerfs that broke trait synergy. When they removed daze out of gyros they made Impact Savant a very nice and unnecessary trait because your daze and stun sources are very limited. I'd look and Impact Savant and Final Salvo first for sure just to give back some of the things we lost because of PvP nerfs.

Archived