Open all servers

Boshey.4769

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Exo.2143 said:Horrible idea. You know that everybody will just transfer to the #1/#2 server in EU or NA (depending on where you live) and the situation will actually get worse.

You either don't play much WvW or play NA, if you think that is how EU works these days.

That's my point. Anyone who doesn't play WvW currently and wants to get into it, would want to get carried. Thus resulting in a wave of new players coming in with the hope of ultimate rewards and loot. You will get huge queues for weeks (months maybe?) while the people you have currently playing won't be able to join.

Or are you gonna tell me that this is NOT what happened after the reward system rework of WvW? My server had queues that would make me be able to watch the complete Lord of the Rings extended trilogy.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:I'm fine with opening them all.If people want to rotfstomp servers with BG and JQ so be it, they'll be in tier 1 at least. Maybe anet can take 1u1d off and let us build the tier 1 wall again.Better yet you can leave 1u1d just pick the 3 servers to create a separate tier 1 by themselves, BG JQ SoS seems good, all servers will be open for transfers to wherever anyways, just let the stackers play in their own tier. Then maybe everyone else can create some balance out of the rest of the tiers.

Pardon me, SoS is not stacked, SoS is open. We are like BG's hostage.

Forgive me, but, doesn't seem like you all want out of tier one like the other servers have been fighting (or rather "not fighting") to do.

Also, didn't say SoS was stacked currently, just saying they should create a tier for people to stack, with the known stacked server, the server that wants to be stacked again, and the other server that's sitting in tier one for a while now and again, doesn't look like they care to leave tier one like everyone else.

P.S I think people are still scared of server stacking, when in the last year we have seen no guilds wanting to super stack a server to compete in tier one, in fact most of them have been moving to the mid tiers. Where guilds move, the pugs will sometimes follow, wave of pugs don't tend to move unless a server is sinking or a good amount of guilds are moving.

We don't want out of Tier 1, necessarily. We want to play wvw. We appear to be trapped between BG and the other servers' mad scramble to lose.

@X T D.6458 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:I'm fine with opening them all.If people want to rotfstomp servers with BG and JQ so be it, they'll be in tier 1 at least. Maybe anet can take 1u1d off and let us build the tier 1 wall again.Better yet you can leave 1u1d just pick the 3 servers to create a separate tier 1 by themselves, BG JQ SoS seems good, all servers will be open for transfers to wherever anyways, just let the stackers play in their own tier. Then maybe everyone else can create some balance out of the rest of the tiers.

I feel really bad for SoS, you guys look worn out. It was more fun when you guys were full. Personally speaking, I would rather keep Mag up here in tier 1, so SoS can get a breather lol.

You'd have better luck letting Mag keep doing their tank yo yo thing and keeping DB or whoever the next #3 team is as the new kidnap victim.

@diamondgirl.6315 said:

Forgive me, but, doesn't seem like you all want out of tier one like the other servers have been fighting (or rather "not fighting") to do.

Also, didn't say SoS was stacked currently, just saying they should create a tier for people to stack, with the known stacked server, the server that wants to be stacked again, and the other server that's sitting in tier one for a while now and again, doesn't look like they care to leave tier one like everyone else.

P.S I think people are still scared of server stacking, when in the last year we have seen no guilds wanting to super stack a server to compete in tier one, in fact most of them have been moving to the mid tiers. Where guilds move, the pugs will sometimes follow, wave of pugs don't tend to move unless a server is sinking or a good amount of guilds are moving.

We don't want out of Tier 1, necessarily. We want to play wvw. We appear to be trapped between BG and the other servers' mad scramble to lose.

Actually BG is holding them hostage (was SoS's little brother server up until the 22nd so we got to escape) by making sure they come in 2nd. Its allot easier for BG to do that match manipulation of focusing whoever just came up to T1 to keep them in 3rd and SoS in 2nd and then they only have one tougher target to focus on. I remember one week there were a few commanders literally trying to feed bags to Mag, which as we all know Mag loves bags.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Actually BG is holding them hostage (was SoS's little brother server up until the 22nd so we got to escape) by making sure they come in 2nd. Its allot easier for BG to do that match manipulation of focusing whoever just came up to T1 to keep them in 3rd and SoS in 2nd and then they only have one tougher target to focus on. I remember one week there were a few commanders literally trying to feed bags to Mag, which as we all know Mag loves bags.

IOJ NUUUUUU WE MISS YOOOUUUU... I understand, though. Not getting to fight anyone but Blackgate forever and ever and ever is really dull.

The only way to fix WvW would be a time machine.There should have been an incentive to stay with your initial server, so that the bonus from being on your initial server would counter bandwagoning.Without this i don't think there will ever be a way to fix it, and adding that incentive now would be useless since the bandwagoning has already occurred and it isn't likely that enough people will join the game to counter that.

@diamondgirl.6315 said:

I feel really bad for SoS, you guys look worn out. It was more fun when you guys were full. Personally speaking, I would rather keep Mag up here in tier 1, so SoS can get a breather lol.

You'd have better luck letting Mag keep doing their tank yo yo thing and keeping DB or whoever the next #3 team is as the new kidnap victim.

As long as DR is linked to Mag, that won't happen.

@diamondgirl.6315 said:

DB medium pop...don't be cruel :'(

Im on a FULL server which is locked (over 1 year already), lost countless guilds because we have also been unlinked in that year, but definitely not full although we are linked this MU against 2 servers that are also linked, (but both are open servers.) but they blob us and we are outnumbered on half our bl's, and we cant get people to transfer. I realise the algorithms are being adjusted over time, but surely their has to be a better or smarter way to adjust populations. I realise its a dilemma, but maybe the team can get around a table and brainstorm this, or just unlock servers for a 1 week period, then lock them for 3 months again. That way theirs a transfer 4 times per year for all servers and will stop all the jumping around, but apply this to all servers, so you locked in for 3 months if you decide to transfer.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

I would rather keep mag here, because some of our pugs deserve to get farmed. We have too many selfish players who refuse to get real builds, refuse to get out of their zerker gear, refuse to use appropriate consumables, refuse to stop using magic find food. Those players deserve to get farmed. It is just pathetic to watch.

WvW is truly in a state right now, probably the worst it has ever been. The gridlock, the way we get ignored, the condis. IDK if it can really recover. Opening everything would at least let the community sort itself, but if they really aim to look at population..... it had better be sooner vs later. The game mode is bleeding people by the day.

@X T D.6458 said:

I would rather keep mag here, because some of our pugs deserve to get farmed. We have too many selfish players who refuse to get real builds, refuse to get out of their zerker gear, refuse to use appropriate consumables, refuse to stop using magic find food. Those players deserve to get farmed. It is just pathetic to watch.

I get where you are coming from; a lot has been said about the state of our pugs in recent weeks. I am one of those idealists who thinks we can have some success training some of them up. I know there will always be a few washouts, but if we can turn some of them into, for example, good scouts, I am willing to give them a chance.

EDIT - Oh, you are BG? Yeah, if the quality of your pug corps is declining, and they are just riding on the server's name, let them get beaten up for a bit. You don't want to be carrying them forever; it will cause an eventual decline in server quality.

Archived