Might Makes Right nerf was too much.

Oglaf.1074

I am doing fine with it. 2 is more then enough.

The base endurance regen rate is 5 percent per second. Given we have a pool of 100 endurance base, this 5 endurance per tick. I can average a might application every second + via various means thus this is close to a 40 percent boost in endurance regen. This regen is independent of other sources that boost the same. the same line also has building momentum , which again direct endurance add and not tied to the percent boost traits. These two working together and used in conjunction with the percent boost type skills (such as vigor) are more then a little generous.

3 would put that gain at over 100 percent (when combined with BM) exclusive of the percent boosts (see vigor) and I do not think that justified. The warrior has numerous ways of applying might at any given time and that has to be factored in.

@"Oglaf.1074" said:No, 2 is not "more than enough".

You also have to put into perspective that it is a Grandmaster-tier trait.

It on par with other GM traits. There no ICD cooldown on the might application. I use it all the time and am fine with it because there so many ways a Warrior has to apply might. 60 percent boost to endurance (which 3 is) PLUS the heal is too much. If there was an ICD on the trait then 2 would b too low.

The bigger hit to warrior came from the change to the On dodge trait. The nerf to Might makes right was justified.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Anet had the perspective that this is a GM trait when they made it 2 ...

Regardless, didn't we already have a thread complaining about this change? That's a rhetorical question ... we in fact had several.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20545/mmr-25-might-1-dodgehttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/20663/might-makes-right-is-gutted

Do you have something new to add to what has already been discussed in depth in these threads (and a few others I can't bother to post)?

Hello. Are you referring to PvP or WvW? I've been roaming as a core warrior on WvW with Might Makes Right, and I can mostly play as usual. It may be different in PvP, where there's no endurance regen food, though. Maybe you could give some more context or example...?

What I really felt was the stances nerf. I definitely liked the changes, because they offered more dynamic gameplay and included some compensation, and I can play with their current form... yet I'm more vulnerable to condis than before (as a core warrior, not spellbreaker), and the stab duration limited to 4s is a real pain (makes Last Stand + Balanced Stance somehow mandatory to me).

I dropped Might Makes Right for Berserker's Power after the change to see how I liked it. I think I prefer BP to the current state of MMR, but I have to admit that I haven't used the post-nerf MMR yet. That said, I'm not salty about it at all... I'm happy to just have a few viable build options.

@Choppy.4183 said:I dropped Might Makes Right for Berserker's Power after the change to see how I liked it. I think I prefer BP to the current state of MMR, but I have to admit that I haven't used the post-nerf MMR yet. That said, I'm not salty about it at all... I'm happy to just have a few viable build options.

Bingo ... people complain because they want more diversity in the SAME threads they complain about nerfs to OP traits. Funny how they don't make the obvious connections.

Archived