WvW Infusions also increase 1% Coni dmg against guards?

JustDemons.4358

just wondering because usually if we look on berserker rune % dmg and % condi dmg is separate. i dont really feel that my condi dmg is increased by that. W T F dude why would that be in any way relevant u may ask xD. well i solo roam a lot and like to kill camps as fast as possible. t3 camps can take a few secs longer and by that time the enemy already arrive. with power builds i kill a lot faster with infusions.

Dont roam on condi then? :/

The reason power builds generally kill them faster isnt due to some crummy infusions, it is because they have the big attacks to overcome the random heals that guards pop when 20% hp while condi generally will give them enough time to heal up if you dont completely nuke them with condis (as in 30+ bleeds or eqvivalent on all guards at once). Those heals are enough to extend fights more than a few seconds. The halved damage certainly hasnt helped.

@Dawdler.8521 said:Dont roam on condi then? :/

The reason power builds generally kill them faster isnt due to some crummy infusions, it is because they have the big attacks to overcome the random heals that guards pop when 20% hp while condi generally will give them enough time to heal up if you dont completely nuke them with condis (as in 30+ bleeds or eqvivalent on all guards at once). Those heals are enough to extend fights more than a few seconds. The halved damage certainly hasnt helped.

yes i usually actually roam with power necro^^ i was just wondering about the infusion mechanic... funny enought pre condi reaper nerf... even without infusions i was killing camps at the same speed as a power reaper with 15-18 wvw infusions xD. also npc heals usually dont effect me cuz either the coni burst is to high or i cc them :). well i guess i was correct that the % dmg on those infusions just increase the power dmg then.

Condi firebrand kills a few seconds slower than glass power...

Regarding topic of thread, +1% applies to power damage. As a condi build, you still have power related portion of attacks and it is affecting that power damage. You just aren't getting as much of the benefit as a pure power build. On the other hand, you only need 2 stats to maximize condi damage and power damage needs 3 stats so point is moot (still favors on condi).

Archived