Minis are deactivating themselves

They remain activated for me.

Can you provide any more details? ANet will need that if there's any hope in troubleshooting the root cause. For example:

• does it happen after entering/exiting WvW? or PvP?
  • how about existing/leaving dungeons?
  • Is it affecting all your characters?
  • Does it happen spontaneously?
  • Does it happen only after miniatures are culled (e.g. when there are a lot of people nearby)?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

By "deactivated", do you mean that the checkbox has disappeared in the miniature subpanel of the hero panel? Or do you mean you can't see the mini?

I've tried replicating the circumstances as you describe them and everything is working as expected for me. I'm with you that the mini-deactivation problem lasted too long and recurred too many times, but I doubt that's the case with what you are seeing this week. It sounds like it's something specific to your installation rather than a bug affecting lots of people (although, now that the title of the thread is updated, we might see reports from others).

Under the circumstances, create a support ticket including all the details you provided here. That gets you in the queue to get help from ANet, in case nothing suggested here works for you.

Next, as @Inculpatus cedo.9234 suggested above, try repairing your client (5-25 minutes, depending on your PC, so something to do while eating dinner or washing dishes etc). Afterward, activate a different mini (temporarily) on a couple of your characters and see if that sticks (or not).

If you can remember anything else that you were doing/trying around when the minis stopped doing your bidding, please let us know so we can see if we can recreate the same conditions.

Good luck.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:By "deactivated", do you mean that the checkbox has disappeared in the miniature subpanel of the hero panel? Or do you mean you can't see the mini?It was both for me, but now, I can’t reproduce the bug anymore.When it happend yesterday, the Minis wouldn’t stay active in the Hero panel and I didn’t see them in the open world—on every character. I even restarted the game, but the bug kept happening. But today, they are all active again. On every character. I tried, to do the same I did yesterday (changing Minis in PvE and PvP on different character), but they’ll stay activated. :sAnyway, thanks for the help, Illconceived. <3

Archived