I feel so outdated........

Slyven.8637

No to aspire to a long series of complaints, but what I want to do is try to get some information that will allow me to stop parking my engineer and having to play my scourge if I want to get any serious gaming done.When thief got the daredevil spec that was a high dps melee, they got alot of condition clearing mobility and dodges, elixirs seems to be falling behind in the condi cancer meta. is there any way to actually play a holomancer in the WvW areana and not be a free bag collection? I mean on my scourge I even consider a holomancer at best a mild nuisance and a regular engineer merely fodder. because of the poor condi clearing a engineer has, and corrupting their boons is way, way, way, way, I mean frikken way to easy.Is this what we should expect the engineer to be for the next 2 years? The lightshow easy to see, easy kill target? As my scourge soon as I see the light-bright yolomancer I run to that easy kill target fast bags. And part of me dies a little inside because my engineer is the reason I play GW2 and not some other MMORPG,So, do we wait? or play our scourges and fight condis with condis for the next 2 years or see if another game comes out?

In all honesty, scourge has made scrapper and large swathes of core engineer (and holosmith) largely irrelevant. If ArenaNet doesn't do something to step down the scourge's impact on engineer (either through engineer traits or a reduction of scourge's overall output), it's pretty unlikely we'll see much variety in the competitive game modes for engineers.

~idea,~ make elixers have corruption resistance or some kind of immunity and reduce the inner cd of transmute. or make some kind of mechanic when an engineer gets x amount of condis they do an aoe cleanse and corrupt enemies. That............ would make a alteration to the condi cancer meta. Like getting hit with 10 conditions and have a automated "return to sender" ability.

Archived