New ricochet idea.

BobbyT.7192

So I’m probably not the only one that misses the old ricochet trait, and patiently waiting it to return one day.But I know Anet wouldn’t want to make another pistol trait. So I figure how about not making it a pistol trait.

Ricochet: Projectile finishers and Whirl finisher bolt bounce one additional time.

So now anything that counts as a projectile on a thief will bounce at least once, or bounce again if it already does.

This would work with stuff like shortbow and dancing daggers,I tossed in the whirl finisher bolts for some fun, which it would make things like dagger storm pretty crazy

Only problem I see is it would make things like shadow shot a bit wonky, and who would want a 40k death judgement to bounce..... because I would.

Interesting Idea. I would love a traiit that would reflect.

Probably would put it in either the Trickery or Deadeye line.

For instance if in Deadeye Line:On Kneel- Gain reflection for 1.5s (2 Charges)

For Trickery Line: It would have to be in the middle to give competition to Bountiful Theft:Gain Reflection on Projectile hit (Non Melee) for 4s (25s ICD)

For projectile finishers, I mean anything that counts as a projectile. I don’t mean to imply that you need a field to proc it.

It applies more to the skills that have the 20% finisher proc, as the trait copies that proc chance. Apposed to other skills that give 100%.

As for whirl combos, yeah you would need a field to proc it. As a normal whirl skill doesn’t throw a bolt on its own, other than dagger storm.

I think such a suggestion could work and curious to know what other people think of such an idea.

Another thought that might be a little more toned down, is what if the truth instead added a static damage ricochet to projectile AND whirl attacks which acted as 20% damage projectile finishers? So rather than bouncing the same damage attack, think of it more like Pulmonary Impact but as a projectile that can combo in fields. This could make whirls like Death Blossom perform whirls and projectiles with the trait...or just remove the part about the whirls and leave it for projectile attacks only.

I think the only thing I'd want is for those pistol attacks to bounce twice and for already bouncing attacks to bounce 1 more time...

@BobbyT.7192 said:So I’m probably not the only one that misses the old ricochet trait, and patiently waiting it to return one day.But I know Anet wouldn’t want to make another pistol trait. So I figure how about not making it a pistol trait.

Ricochet: Projectile finishers and Whirl finisher bolt bounce one additional time.

So now anything that counts as a projectile on a thief will bounce at least once, or bounce again if it already does.

This would work with stuff like shortbow and dancing daggers,I tossed in the whirl finisher bolts for some fun, which it would make things like dagger storm pretty crazy

Only problem I see is it would make things like shadow shot a bit wonky, and who would want a 40k death judgement to bounce..... because I would.

How dare you ! Shadow shot was the only reason I put ricochet on my thief. xDBut seriously, ricochet based thief was more fun to me than any thief elite spec in the long run.

Archived