why gw2 force solo play in wintersday ?

hi,

i play gw2 since the alpha and something is still amazing me. Tihs is a MMORPG so everything should be made to help people play together but again trhis year we have had hours of frustrations. Let me explain why taking wintersday, my favorite event (with festival of the 4 winds now deceased) as an exemple:

• we love to challenge guild members and organise guild/group event, for exemple we make the a 50ecto the game challenge ! This is a challenge where we enter the wintersday jumping puzzle and the one with the most win get a gift from all other players involved. Sound cool ? er.. no because you CANNOT enter the jumping as a squad or group and you have to spam and relog dozens and dozens of time to hope being together and play with firends.

• well i was starting to list things but apart from the dungeon ALL activities in the festvals cannot be played in guld/group/squad in anyway you have to try hard, spend 15minutes trying and hopping you will land on the same instance. So i would not repeatr me for the rest of the events.
    • Race: the wintersday race is fun but why not have the arrival number for all players not only the 3 first, what about a little way to see the group/squad member score. We could have little challenge in group like this and that would be 10 times more fun. Commander could organize 10 man race with a prize for the winner etc.. get social and not solo...

this would be easy to fix at least for jumping, toypocalypse and other. Anet, could you explain why you prevent people to play together ? This is a mmorpg no ?

hope that help turn the tide and that, for future event, you will allow players to play togetehrs.

regards,Albarinos

I didn't partake as far as specific groups, but I was under the impression that ANet added a way for friends and guildmates to play together. As far as the race, maybe next year. But I rather disagree with the concept. We see that in play with Bell Choir and it's rather meaningless given there's no reward other than bragging rights, I suppose.

Personally, I like the solo aspect of the festivals more given how we need to zerg to achieve nearly everything else as far as open world. Still, that's my opinion. And, to be fully honest, I'm not wild about grouping nor guilds either.

So please take my opinion with a grain of salt.

op needs to go and play guild wars for a whole two years then come back and say that !!!!

guild wars 2 pve is meant to be played solo !!! with no at all help from no one !!! ALL activities should be fully made only solo game mode !! no party's or groups or guilds at all !!

@Daedalus.4193 said:Infinirarium is a group dungeon, Toypocalypse can be entered solo or in groups depending on which gate you enter by. Races are solo evens, as it puzzles and choir, always ahve been and follows the norm in gw2. Only real missed team thing really is snowball mayhem.

I doubt we'll ever see a team based snowball mayhem unless they introduce a separate group v group option for it. An organized team in there against a group of randoms would utterly dominate.

I was very happy to see the addition of a group instance for the Toypocalypse this year and want to say thanks again for that. I appreciated the other changes as well and it was nice to see some resource put into the festival. I agree I would love to be able to queue for Snowball Mayhem/Jumping Puzzle as a group, but it was stated I think this year but also in previous years that these use the PvP queuer and it was some sort of software limitation that prevents it outside of the above mentioned, count it down technique.

Thanks for the festival and here's hoping for additional love for next year's one as well.

@ham.8209 said:op needs to go and play guild wars for a whole two years then come back and say that !!!!

guild wars 2 pve is meant to be played solo !!! with no at all help from no one !!! ALL activities should be fully made only solo game mode !! no party's or groups or guilds at all !!

I think I missed something, I think the OP said they played since alpha, that would be more than 2 years. Also, I don't think the OP was saying you shouldn't be able to do it solo, just it should have better options for a group to join together if they want to do an activity with other people they know. These are not mutually exclusive.

@TheGrimm.5624 said:

@ham.8209 said:op needs to go and play guild wars for a whole two years then come back and say that !!!!

I think I missed something, I think the OP said they played since alpha, that would be more than 2 years. Also, I don't think the OP was saying you shouldn't be able to do it solo, just it should have better options for a group to join together if they want to do an activity with other people they know. These are not mutually exclusive.

it's really that. That do not prevent anyone to go solo and i do not mean that ean entire jumping puzzle instance must be dedicated for the group. Just that a group or a squad can enter the same instance without having to rely on hundreds of lgin in/out of it until chance match you with your friends.

I dont care at all about the usefullness one of you refers too, this is only the social aspect of playing together and puting friendly contest between friends. It hasd nothing to do with the rewards or strategical advantage. We are not doing a low men no updraft food+pot only meta 850 li toypocalypse :pensive: here but this is fun to do a contest of who finish the jumping puzzle the most time for exemple. Even with no contest, racing and jumping with friends is more fun than with complete stranger, especialy when you are on vocal and can taunt them and have fun :)

Archived