Bring back the Obsidian armor from GW1

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Light armor users will finally have a pair of pants.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Which Obsidian Armor? There were 10 of them. If all 10 were brought to gw2 some professions would have a couple and some would have 3 or more. (Light armor would have at least 4. Monk, Mesmer, Necro and Elementalist).

Obsidian armor

Looking at that stuff.... can you tell me where the pants are?Warrior and Monk would be heavy armour as Guardian seems like Monk-ish to me.

Ranger and Assassin would go to medium armour.

Necromancer, Ritualist, Paragon are panties.

Mesmer and Dervish are skirts.

Elementalist look like skin tight BDSM leather crap going on.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Nuka Cola.8520 said:Light armor users will finally have a pair of pants.

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Which Obsidian Armor? There were 10 of them. If all 10 were brought to gw2 some professions would have a couple and some would have 3 or more. (Light armor would have at least 4. Monk, Mesmer, Necro and Elementalist).

Looking at that stuff.... can you tell me where the pants are?Warrior and Monk would be heavy armour as Guardian seems like Monk-ish to me.

Ranger and Assassin would go to medium armour.

Necromancer, Ritualist, Paragon are panties.

Mesmer and Dervish are skirts.

Elementalist look like skin tight BDSM leather crap going on.

I was thinking of the ele armor. its the one i'd like the most, personally.

I never saw the appeal of Obsidian armour, on any profession, none of them stand out to me compared to elite or even normal armour sets. The ranger one I genuinely mix up with starter armour whenever I see it. I have to look really closely to spot any difference.

But it would be nice to have more than 1 option for trousers without a skirt/cloak/robe etc. over the top on light armoured professions in GW2.

Oh I would love to see those in GW2.However I would prefer that the acquisition of these armour skins are kinda bound to the HoM. Would make sense to me as you can display your Obsi there. ( I would also love to see all my HoM weapons/armours to come to GW2...in the beginning I thought this is how it will work...but then it turned out to be more than disappointing apart from the FDS...)

Some of these armors were really beautiful, and I can't believe they haven't made their entry yet in GW2. We have seen many classic GW1 items make their entry in GW2 (Storm Bow, Primeval Armor, etc.) and that an armor like the Warrior obsidian armor, which was my favourite, hasn't been put in the game yet made me sad.

Although, watch out and don't give Anet ideas: they already gave the Monk starter armor a shot in GW2: Check this link

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

mmm.I dunno.I blessed myself with 3 sets in game for my ranger, ele and dervish - the classes i played the most. Wanted the mesmer one, just because but never got round to it. However there are nicer sets - Vabbi for one.ranger and derv were ok, but i was never that keen on the ele one, even dyed black.

@Delphi.4193 said:I would love to see my female mesmer obby armor back!

The Mesmer had some of the best looking armours in that game, period. A lot of the designs still outshine a large portion of armour sets in this game.

I would like obsidian armour back, but I would also like for them to bring back UW/ FoW and have us obtain them through stuff we collect from there again.

Obsidian armor

Oh gosh, GW1 has so nice armors... When I return to Hall of Monument and see all the ones of my main mesmer for example, I am like: <3 <3 <3

Archived