Would appreciate feedback on my "highest mobility / tagging potential farm build" for PvE! :)

Sodeni.6041

Hey!

I made a build that's all about high mobility and tagging mobs for loot. I always farmed SW or maps like that with my daredevil but I think mesmer, especially mirage, has also a lot of farming potential in pve.

Here is my current build: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAsdRnsnBlphFoB+pBMMjlZjyf+z//vMAmgkxcEGmWC-jxgWgA/q/As/wo+AA-e

• How to be mobile with this build:

If you want to be mobile you always use your sword ambush for the leap. If you use your heal skill (every 12 seconds available!) you get 50% endurance which is another sword leap. F4 also gives you mirage cloak and a leap. Keep using f1-f3 for vigor.

Temporal curtain (focus #4) and signet of inspiration gives you almost permanent swiftness uptime.

Using Mimic then blink allowes you to blink a 1200 distance twice. I chose chaos traitline to get reduced cooldown on my manipulation skills (heal, blink, mimic).

Using Jaunt also increases your distance travelled.

• How to tag enemies for max loot:

Mirage is pretty good at tagging mobs with greatsword, especially the ambush attack. Split surge is an AOE that hits 3 targets. If you have greatsword clones up they tag 3 enemies as well. I use deceptive evasion to always get a clone when I dodge so I can tag 6 targets most of the time. All other greatsword skills also help tagging mobs because of their AOE.

I would really appreciate feedback on my build! Could I get even more mobility by swapping certain traits, skills, etc? Or do you have any other improvements for my build? I'm also not sure which weapon sigils I should use since sigil of energy only works in combat and I never swap weapon when I tag mobs or want to have mobility.

@Sodeni.6041 said:I'm also not sure which weapon sigils I should use since sigil of energy only works in combat and I never swap weapon when I tag mobs or want to have mobility.

Maybe fire for a bit more AoE? Or Stamina to refill endurance on kills?Also get a tiny bit of boon duration to maximize swiftness?

While Mirage does make it better and even chrono wells were specifically designed so mesmer gets some more aoe, why not just play a class that excels at tagging and pve in the first place?

Elementalist , guardian, warrior, necromancer, thief, etc. all have better aoe and tagging ability without using cooldowns and most often on their auto attack or low cd weapon skills.

Best tagger in the game is Daredevil with short bow if you consider mobility and sub and max 5 enemies per waves. Best tagger for aoe is probably flamethrower engi, elementalist for range or guardian with lootstick if you have time to get into melee (even with the nerf to staff 1, it still tags nicely).

@Bod.8261 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:I'm also not sure which weapon sigils I should use since sigil of energy only works in combat and I never swap weapon when I tag mobs or want to have mobility.

Maybe fire for a bit more AoE? Or Stamina to refill endurance on kills?Also get a tiny bit of boon duration to maximize swiftness?

Yeah having some boon duration to have perma swiftness sounds nice! And fire sigil might also work! Thanks

Archived