players that cant be stomped

jihm.2315

99% of the time, it will be lag - it's not that they cant be stomped, it's that their character isnt where you are trying to stomp it (ie out of range for a stomp). If you have ranged you can generally shoot them when targeted and see where the shots go (easiest on stuff like engie pistols that explode on impact). They dont even have to be dead for this to happen, although it's rare (for the most visible example, WvW dollys frequently go out of sync and arent where you think they are). Doesnt have to be stomp either, I've visible pulled people toward me that couldnt be hit... only to have a guildie say no you didnt pull them, what are you talking about.

That said, teleport/speed hacks will behave pretty much the same when people go down (purposely lagged out state).

@"jihm.2315" said:its not lag the character performs the animation but the downed player doesnt die seems like a lag switch techniqueNo, as I already told you - the character isnt where you think he is. You are trying to stomp thin air. His actual location where his "physical" character is will be somewhere else, but his character model is where you are trying to stomp. Whether you call it lag, desync or just a broken game doesnt matter. It will not be a hack in nearly all instance because its quite common to see. Nearly all. Whether you saw someone hacking or not in this particular case... nobody can answer that.

And before you ask "well how do you know that" I've been on the being stomped end when talking to guildies. I've seen my bloody corpse being on one side of a cap and guildies trying to res me somewhere else going "lawl we cant res wtf" and then I've bounced 10m across the map when the game finally caught up to where I really was because I got back up again. And I have also seen it happen lots and lots of times to others (and dollys), knowing exactly what the behaviour is.

Archived