[BUG] - Aerin Shield

Duduring the "Cornered" Part of Living Story Aerin activates a shield and we're suposed to use a sun crystal hability to break that shield. For me what happened was that no matter how many times i use the crystal hability Aerin shield never broke.Luckily i was on my thief and shortbow 4 skill is unblockable. Took some time but i was able to kill him.

So we have 2 problems.

1st - something prevented me to use the sun crystal to correctly interrupt Aerin shield.2nd - I was able to exploit thief's shortbow 4 skill to workarround that, which isn't intended imo.

• Thanks 1

This may have been the issue:

When Aerin activates his shield and becomes invulnerable, you'll need to pick up a sun crystal. Then be sure to face Aerin and target him, and use the Light Dash skill without interrupting it. When the dash ends Aerin will become vulnerable again. The skill is finicky so if you interrupt it or just use it without targeting Aerin, you will be pushed back and he will remain invulnerable. During the final battle this may take a few tries - picking up multiple crystals can help with this.

Good luck.

• Confused 1

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:This may have been the issue:

When Aerin activates his shield and becomes invulnerable, you'll need to pick up a sun crystal. Then be sure to face Aerin and target him, and use the Light Dash skill without interrupting it. When the dash ends Aerin will become vulnerable again. The skill is finicky so if you interrupt it or just use it without targeting Aerin, you will be pushed back and he will remain invulnerable. During the final battle this may take a few tries - picking up multiple crystals can help with this.

Good luck.

Well, wen I was doing this, I tried many times. For a good 15 minutes or so i tried varios combinations:Interrupting it or not;Targeting him or not and etc.

Since i was able to finish the chapter I'm fine, it was a bit annoying but it's done. My conncern is that happened because some bug that could compromise other part of the game.

Anyway, thanks for the reply! :)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I can confirm this bug, had it 2 days ago where I tried to hit him with the dash and it worked only like 1 out of 5 times, tried for half an hour then gave up. Yesterday it was the same for my thief, the first 2 times when he did his shield thing it worked, at the third time I was not able to hit him with the dash, I resorted to the short bow workaround.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I encountered this bug today, he is at 3 hp and i can't break the shield with sun crystal. PLEASE FIX THIS!

EDIT: I managed to kill him, the trick is to time the sun crystal between shield pulsing, that the moment to strike, it can be frustrating, it took me like 10 minutes to figure out the perfect timing, but its doable.

• Confused 2

• 5 months later...

@medivh.4725 said:The story mode mechanics has been a let down. Every few episode there is bug or i need to start googling. This is generally why people tend to stay away from doing stories. They get struck all the time

Many people have been doing stories for years and ran into temporary bugs on and off but that didn't stop them from doing stories.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Bump.. this is still a bug.

If you are having trouble breaking the shield, try to stand as far back as possible from Aerin so the straight line sun dash will end on top of him, without cancelling the dash.  This seems to work.  When Aerin shields on the middle pedestal in the pit, you can get a long enough straight line to end the dash on Aerin if you start the dash at the top of the ramp at the edge of the pit (the ramp that connects to the middle pedestal with a very small gap - dash will cross gap). 

Good luck!

Edited by Daneruid.3057
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...