Your predictions for future story and maps?

Fenom.9457

Just wondering what other people are thinking for the future of the storyline, and where maps will be. Share what you think or what you want most, as little as the next episode or predict the next ten years, this isn't a thread about predicting any one release. I'm interested in any predictions/ideas/desires/suggestions as I enjoy talking about new maps and content and stuffs

I can't say much for predictions outsides of what's sort of been leaked, like the map of Dakjeh? Isles north of Istan or the areas with map touch-ups like Gandarra and some of the places in the blood legion homelands, but I can at least speak for the maps that I've liked so far and why.

I loved the hot spring and forest area of Bitterfrost so I would love to see some of those assets in some of the newer map. (Not big on snowy maps though.)

Loved the hidden areas of Lake Doric with the old stone architecture and really love the assets in the Bastion rad wing so I'd love to see some more of those somewhere.

Draconis Mons had lots of amazing flora that I'd love to even be able to craft as guild decorations and the intricacy of the verticality was really interesting.

Istan is absolutely stunning though and I look forward to the rest of the maps if it's as detailed as this one. It has so many different areas and it's a reward in itself just exploring.

I'm hoping whatever maps we get they're as varied as Istan. I wasn't a huge fan of Lake Doric because although it made sense, it was kind of bland with little houses here and there and grass and trees.

Always a sucker for overgrown ruins though, especially if there's lots of interactable lore collection things to read and learn about the history of the place.

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"Payne.1250" said:"what you want most"

E has been introduced five years ago, let's hope that we will meet this guy soon, or at least before we all die of old age :#

Plot twist: We are E

I wouldn't doubt it. In some future tense, we are the person manipulating the story to the outcome it needs. It's something we've seen in fiction before, and it never fails to delight readers. Darth Revan anyone?

And probably . . . Brendon Stark is the Night King.

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@"Payne.1250" said:"what you want most"

E has been introduced five years ago, let's hope that we will meet this guy soon, or at least before we all die of old age :#

Plot twist: We are E

I wouldn't doubt it. In some future tense, we are the person manipulating the story to the outcome it needs. It's something we've seen in fiction before, and it never fails to delight readers. Darth Revan anyone?

And probably . . . Brendon Stark is the Night King.

I would be upset you spoiled the Revan story for me but ive had years to read up on it and I thought I knew it all anyway.. when was he revealed to have manipulated his own past?

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I can't say much for predictions outsides of what's sort of been leaked, like the map of Dakjeh? Isles north of Istan or the areas with map touch-ups like Gandarra and some of the places in the blood legion homelands, but I can at least speak for the maps that I've liked so far and why.

I loved the hot spring and forest area of Bitterfrost so I would love to see some of those assets in some of the newer map. (Not big on snowy maps though.)

Loved the hidden areas of Lake Doric with the old stone architecture and really love the assets in the Bastion rad wing so I'd love to see some more of those somewhere.

Draconis Mons had lots of amazing flora that I'd love to even be able to craft as guild decorations and the intricacy of the verticality was really interesting.

Istan is absolutely stunning though and I look forward to the rest of the maps if it's as detailed as this one. It has so many different areas and it's a reward in itself just exploring.

I'm hoping whatever maps we get they're as varied as Istan. I wasn't a huge fan of Lake Doric because although it made sense, it was kind of bland with little houses here and there and grass and trees.

Always a sucker for overgrown ruins though, especially if there's lots of interactable lore collection things to read and learn about the history of the place.

I agree with the places you mentioned, very beautiful. Not sure if I can mention here ( I think so ), but there was a leak a while back.

MIGHT BE SPOILERS!

Episode 2 is called Dajkah Isles and is the asuran cube and islands in the Dajkah area, main focus is what Joko did to the inquest and how hes using the knowledge. Episode 3 is Gandara and more about Kralkatorrik. These 2 episodes will be introducing (most likely) the next raid wing and fractal, and legendary warhorn and longbow. I def belive Dajkah because there was a picture, and I THINK the other stuff is from the same person, the point is I believe it. A common belief seems to be xpac 3 is Blood Legion Homelands, with someone telling me specifically it is. I also think this is true.

I don't have any predictions, but i would love to see Underwater Combat get an overhaul and a whole Water based expansion put out.

• Full Sets of Underwater Armor. (with their own skins and looks)
  • Runes/Upgrades that have Underwater Effects
  • Elite Specs for Underwater Combat (That swap back to "land" elites when you get out of the water,)
  • Special Underwater Utility Skills (Abilities 6 - 10)
  • Underwater World Bosses.
  • Entire Underwater and Ocean style Maps
  • Underwater Mount.
  • Additional Underwater Pets.

It would be a fun idea, and something I have never seen on another MMO. Most MMOs treat Underwater combat very badly (or pretty much not at all), but GW2 gave it some special feel, and I would love to see that expanded.

@"STIHL.2489" said:I don't have any predictions, but i would love to see Underwater Combat get an overhaul and a whole Water based expansion put out.

• Full Sets of Underwater Armor. (with their own skins and looks)
  • Runes/Upgrades that have Underwater Effects
  • Elite Specs for Underwater Combat (That swap back to "land" elites when you get out of the water,)
  • Special Underwater Utility Skills (Abilities 6 - 10)
  • Underwater World Bosses.
  • Entire Underwater and Ocean style Maps
  • Underwater Mount.
  • Additional Underwater Pets.

It would be a fun idea, and something I have never seen on another MMO. Most MMOs treat Underwater combat very badly (or pretty much not at all), but GW2 gave it some special feel, and I would love to see that expanded.

I've been meaning to come up with a detailed underwater expansion suggestion for a long time now, and your list is great! That's mostly what I would do, except maybe more than one underwater mount

@Fenom.9457 said:

@"cptaylor.2670" said:I can't say much for predictions outsides of what's sort of been leaked, like the map of Dakjeh? Isles north of Istan or the areas with map touch-ups like Gandarra and some of the places in the blood legion homelands, but I can at least speak for the maps that I've liked so far and why.

I agree with the places you mentioned, very beautiful. Not sure if I can mention here ( I think so ), but there was a leak a while back.

MIGHT BE SPOILERS!

Episode 2 is called Dajkah Isles and is the asuran cube and islands in the Dajkah area, main focus is what Joko did to the inquest and how hes using the knowledge. Episode 3 is Gandara and more about Kralkatorrik. These 2 episodes will be introducing (most likely) the next raid wing and fractal, and legendary warhorn and longbow. I def belive Dajkah because there was a picture, and I THINK the other stuff is from the same person, the point is I believe it. A common belief seems to be xpac 3 is Blood Legion Homelands, with someone telling me specifically it is. I also think this is true.

Yeah. I saw that leak. Not sure about xpac 3 though. Don’t know what they could do there that would be on par with chasing a rogue god to a desert or fighting an elder dragon. Guess time will tell.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:

MIGHT BE SPOILERS!

Yeah. I saw that leak. Not sure about xpac 3 though. Don’t know what they could do there that would be on par with chasing a rogue god to a desert or fighting an elder dragon. Guess time will tell.

The enemy doesn't necessarily have to be on par as long as the storytelling and maps are

@Fenom.9457 said:

MIGHT BE SPOILERS!

Interesting. Do you have a source?

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:

@"Fenom.9457" said:

MIGHT BE SPOILERS!

Interesting. Do you have a source?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7gp39w/ls4_leak_spoilers/

I was able to find the living world leak again

Archived