The state of this game... holy moly.

TheDevice.2751

As negative as people get about PvP and unbalances (which is true) the combat system is pretty neat. The fast paced of the game is pretty awesome. It just sucks that the game is catering to condition instead of having an okayish balance between multiple classes. But i've come to understand that the game is free to play, and you get what you pay for. Someone brought this up once and its a possibility , that they would be forced to update more if people were paying $15 a month, like WoW. But Dota which i played for 8k hours still updated and fixed things when things were out of hand. They don't have to balance 3 different game styles but still, they have over 100 heroes and a map layout to work on to balance their game.

That being said im a total noob. I get outplayed a lot, it is sad to die to a no skill class like mesmers or necro's on points just cause they can spam ticks til u die. Only been playing half a year but after seeing how they update and balance, i don't think PvP will ever be balanced unless they do a total overhaul focusing on just PvP. But it's free to play so i just shut up, and keep queueing. Or i can just not PvP and focus on PvE which is pretty fun, and probably the main focus the Developers are heading forward with.

@alksoe.6198 said:As negative as people get about PvP and unbalances (which is true) the combat system is pretty neat. The fast paced of the game is pretty awesome. It just sucks that the game is catering to condition instead of having an okayish balance between multiple classes. But i've come to understand that the game is free to play, and you get what you pay for. Someone brought this up once and its a possibility , that they would be forced to update more if people were paying $15 a month, like WoW. But Dota which i played for 8k hours still updated and fixed things when things were out of hand. They don't have to balance 3 different game styles but still, they have over 100 heroes and a map layout to work on to balance their game.

That being said im a total noob. I get outplayed a lot, it is sad to die to a no skill class like mesmers or necro's on points just cause they can spam ticks til u die. Only been playing half a year but after seeing how they update and balance, i don't think PvP will ever be balanced unless they do a total overhaul focusing on just PvP. But it's free to play so i just shut up, and keep queueing. Or i can just not PvP and focus on PvE which is pretty fun, and probably the main focus the Developers are heading forward with.

Which is why it's a shame when the combat system is wasted on giant aoe dot circle skills and a whole elite spec is built around it.

I don't know. Maybe the state of this game in PvP. That I can't say. Pretty sure that's not a majority of the playerbase. For PvE, raids, fractals and open world all seem to be doing quite well and everything has been pretty much well received. So the state of this game, from where I'm sitting is pretty damn good.

@Vayne.8563 said:I don't know. Maybe the state of this game in PvP. That I can't say. Pretty sure that's not a majority of the playerbase. For PvE, raids, fractals and open world all seem to be doing quite well and everything has been pretty much well received. So the state of this game, from where I'm sitting is pretty kitten good.

You have to remember some folks only think PvP exists in GW2, when they should be on somewhere like SWTOR or BDO :^]

But BDO is trash too tho, so it's understandable.

@Vayne.8563 said:I don't know. Maybe the state of this game in PvP. That I can't say. Pretty sure that's not a majority of the playerbase. For PvE, raids, fractals and open world all seem to be doing quite well and everything has been pretty much well received. So the state of this game, from where I'm sitting is pretty kitten good.

great for you! Would be also great if you would keep your discussion on PvE and general forum instead of commenting the PvP if you do not know about it, this was a thread regarding PvP aspect of the game. We do not care if we are a minority, no need to point that to us.

@OP. Yes, PvP is a bit shaken by the unbalance. It is true that its state needs help. Anet did make a move, at least there was a discussion going on, so maybe something comes out of it! :)

@Mikali.9651 said:

great for you! Would be also great if you would keep your discussion on PvE and general forum instead of commenting the PvP if you do not know about it, this was a thread regarding PvP aspect of the game. We do not care if we are a minority, no need to point that to us.

@OP. Yes, PvP is a bit shaken by the unbalance and it does need help. It is true that its state needs help. Anet did make a move, at least there was a discussion going on, so maybe something comes out of it!

My bad. You know, I just clicked on discussion and this was there. I didn't realize it was a PvP topic. Carry on then.

Archived