Let's speculate about Episode 2's release date.

Michram.6853

Hi,I predicted the date of the 1st episode. So I will try to predict the date of the 2nd one. (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/264345#Comment_264345).

I think the Lunar New Year will begin on January 16, will last 3 weeks, so will end on February 6.

We'll get the trailer on February 20, so the next episode of Living World Season 4 will be released on February 27. :)

The lunar new year IRL is Feb 16, I'd expect the festival to cover that date. Last year, the festival was 2 weeks.

Earliest date for s4e2 is Jan 30 (two months after e1), latest is Feb 27 (three months after e1).

A lot of the studio have been home for holidays quite a bit lately, cutting into prep time for e2.

Given those parameters, I find Jan 30 unlikely. My prediction is LNY festival starting either Jan 30 or Feb 6 and running to Feb 20, launching ep2 Feb 27.

Alternatively, e2 launch Jan 30 with LNY running Feb 13-27.

If however they don't bother actually overlapping RL lunar new year, I think @Arden.7480 is correct on festival times, but trailer and ep2 would come a week earlier, so trailer Feb 13 and launch Feb 20.

Now that's what you call hedging your bets! :D

Lunar New Year was two weeks the first two years, and then it was three weeks last year. So, I'm not sure if the festival will be two or three weeks this year. But, as was pointed out above, real life Chinese New Year is February 16, so the in-game festival will probably take place sometime around that date. I'm inclined to think that any possible trailer for the new episode will be towards the very end of February.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:The lunar new year IRL is Feb 16, I'd expect the festival to cover that date. Last year, the festival was 2 weeks.

Earliest date for s4e2 is Jan 30 (two months after e1), latest is Feb 27 (three months after e1).

A lot of the studio have been home for holidays quite a bit lately, cutting into prep time for e2.

Given those parameters, I find Jan 30 unlikely. My prediction is LNY festival starting either Jan 30 or Feb 6 and running to Feb 20, launching ep2 Feb 27.

Alternatively, e2 launch Jan 30 with LNY running Feb 13-27.

If however they don't bother actually overlapping RL lunar new year, I think @Arden.7480 is correct on festival times, but trailer and ep2 would come a week earlier, so trailer Feb 13 and launch Feb 20.

Now that's what you call hedging your bets! :D

They usually give some room between the end of season event and an episode.

Archived