Mats I don't need.

Biff.5312

I don't plan to make any legendary items. is there someplace I can find a comprehensive list of all the crap I've been banking that I won't need? I have a lot of stuff that I'm not sure what it's for, and I don't want to toss anything only to find out I want it later. So I'm looking for what materials are ONLY used for legendary crafting.

The wiki documents everything you need. In game, you can type e.g. /wiki Twilight to get info on crafting that greatsword. Alternatives with a different format include:

• GW2 Efficiency, which allows you to also compare building the precursor yourself via collection or
  • GW2 BLTC, which focuses primarily on the tradeable elements. (Click on SL to show the shopping list.

The links above are for Twilight, but you can change to the legendary that interests you. Bonus (for both sites): you can add in your API key and see what else you are missing from your account.

Take a look at https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Shard and see if you have any need for them. They drop like candy and have little use outside of legendaries.

Everything else is much more generic. Just look at the wiki to see if you'll ever need it. Globs of ectoplasm would be the only other thing I can think of you might want to look at recipes for.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Why would you get rid of it?

I highly doubt you'll ever find yourself swamped by excess Mystic Coins to the point where you simply cannot deposit them in the bank and out of your way.

Maybe, but that is a good example of something that if it has other uses, I may not want to sell them off. I sell 25 or so every time I notice the numbers creeping up, but if they have NO other use than for legendaries I can just sell them all outright. I think I have about 250-300 of them.

Anyway I was just wondering if there's a list someplace but evidently not.

@Biff.5312 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Why would you get rid of it?

I highly doubt you'll ever find yourself swamped by excess Mystic Coins to the point where you simply cannot deposit them in the bank and out of your way.

Maybe, but that is a good example of something that if it has other uses, I may not want to sell them off. I sell 25 or so every time I notice the numbers creeping up, but if they have NO other use than for legendaries I can just sell them all outright. I think I have about 250-300 of them.

Anyway I was just wondering if there's a list someplace but evidently not.

Well, as people have mentioned by now there is very little that is exclusively used in Legendary crafting.

There is not a comprehensive list, but if you are wondering what a particular material is used in, check its wiki page. That will have a list of things that use that particular material, and you can make your own list of things you don't want to keep a little at a time that way.

@Biff.5312, your best bet is to look at whatever material you're questioning and check the wiki page. You can see where it's used and determine if it has any value to you at all. If not, you can sell/vendor/delete, as appropriate. You mentioned selling MC's as stacks of 25 when the numbers creep up. You could keep doing this with several items, if that works for you. It sounds like you're effectively managing any abundance, so you can at least stick to this until you have a chance to identify any materials that you simply have no interest in (i.e. your inventory min/max is set to 0/0, speaking from a materials management perspective).

Edit: To answer your question explicitly, no there is no list... it would be specific to how you want to play anyway, so making your own list based off of the wiki is your best bet.

The only items that are exclusively used in Legendary crafting and have no other use are items that you specifically must acquire or craft and thus do not drop and would not be in your storage unless you specifically went out and crafted/acquired them.

All other items have at least 1 other use other than for a Legendary.

I was going to say the Memory of Battle (PvP reward tokens) might only be used in legendary crafting, but actually having checked their Wiki page they're used for a lot of other items too.

My advice would be to check any item you're not sure about on the Wiki. It's highly unlikely you'll find something with just 1 use, but you might find something where you're not interested in any of the things you can make with it. For example Icy Runestones are only used for making legendaries and a few other high-end items, so you may not want them. But then they also have to be purchased for 1g each so you're not going to end up with any just by playing.

Archived