WvW Pipe Dream: Themed Borderlands!

Jojo.6590

Now before we jump to conclusions here please read what I have to say! I know this is a MASSIVE pipe dream but besides better rewards (cough* grand master marks added to the high level pip chest such as in Spvp ) I would love to see each borderland re-themed to a different continent/ environment such as the Desert Borderlands though not as crazy with the many tight places, crazy cliffs, and pathing ( at times I do enjoy the Desert Borderland, yet most of the time I don’t).

Each BL would have to be recreated using a different type of continent/ environment for each. Red BL is great for a desert themed BL (red=hot= desert), yet it would be really nice to now see this BL themed around the Crystal Desert also having/ showing some reference to Kralkatorrik, Balthazar, and the Humans/Asura (a branded theme keep would be really sweet)! Blue BL would be themed around the Shiverpeaks area with the keeps and towers having reference to Jormag and the Norn. Green BL would be themed around the Maguuma Jungle with the keeps and towers having reference to Mordremoth, the Exalted, and the Sylvari (maybe the Asura too). With this concept in mind each BL could be representing an Elder dragon, since Glint ended up in the Mist it is possible that the other Elder dragons we have killed are there too.

Last is everyone’s favorite BL the Eternal Battlegrounds! The idea here and this also applies to the spawn locations for the invading BLs on the other BL maps, is to make it appear that’s its not just you and your team of players invading the area but your BL (its theme) is too! So the Red side would be themed around the Crystal Desert, Blue themed around the Shiver peaks, and Green themed around Maguuma Jungle. At the center would still be Stonemist Castle, yet it would be having an identity crisis with the 3 colors and their themes. Where the Castle touches/sits on each color that respective side of the castle is therefore themed around that color’s theme. The north of the castle would be built in theme of the Red BL, the East in themed of Blue and the west in themed of Green. It would appear as the castle is being consumed by the 3 different themes. The next part may be taking this pipe dream even further by making the castle slowly change to the theme of the color that’s currently controlling it as the castle upgrades. With each up grade the other two color’s themes are pushed out/ consumed by the controlling color’s theme.

I know this is a MASSIVE pipe dream but after 5 years of the same Borderlands its getting very boring. Plus, this would also allow for the Devs to implement mounts and improve gliding in WvW too!

@"Jojo.6590" said:I know this is a MASSIVE pipe dream but after 5 years of the same Borderlands its getting very boring. Plus, this would also allow for the Devs to implement mounts and improve gliding in WvW too!

Keep dreaming that impossible dream. It is only through the dreams of others that we get free ideas for another game made by people who read the forums... ahem...

Archived