Looking For Small Scale WvW Class Suggestion

Drunkstain.5639

So my buds and I came back to game recently its been pretty fun. Im struggling though when we get into the group v group type fights. 1v1 and 2v2 im doing alright on my warrior. My buds are playing revnant / holosmith / mesmer. Im just looking for something that would fit in better, or perhaps some tips on how I should be playing in these fights as a warrior? Feel like I dont provide much for the group. Any suggestions would be great thanks!

I feel like im not doing any damage, I struggle to find my way into fights as when its group v grfoup im just dropping pretty quick if I go in. When im not going in I obviously do no damage from afar. So it could absolutely be a learn to play issue, I guess I just feel like I should be able to do more and struggling to figure out how to play in a group v group scenario type of fight.

@Drunkstain.5639 said:So my buds and I came back to game recently its been pretty fun. Im struggling though when we get into the group v group type fights. 1v1 and 2v2 im doing alright on my warrior. My buds are playing revnant / holosmith / mesmer. Im just looking for something that would fit in better, or perhaps some tips on how I should be playing in these fights as a warrior? Feel like I dont provide much for the group. Any suggestions would be great thanks!

The issue may be that you're the one melee in your group without access to stealth. The rev if it's using hammer can apply pressure from a 1200 range and the holo and mesmer can use stealth to disengage and reposition. In the larger fights you're probably the focus of the enemy group.

If you're looking to stay as warrior, then spellbreaker is capable of withstanding that pressure with the stances and with full counter. If you're wanting something with the range/stealth of your friends then druid is a thought. You'd have range, stealth, and group support.

I suggest mesmer. You have different builds to play. Now you can roam easily in a condi setup but also in power mirage is really really good as roamer . You can have good damage ( condi and power ) , evasion and stealth . If u go dire you can be also tanky and with a lot of in-fight mobility. i belive thief and mesmer are the best class for roaming bat at start, perhaps , mesmer is easier if u are used to the class becouse it is a bit more forgivable

As a roamer and small scale player I want to ask, "what is your group lacking?" Fill that gap, It could be a healing Ele, could be Power pressure, Condi pressure, Boons, Condi clear, etc. find out what fits well with your buddies imho. They should also do the same, you will be amazed once you get 2-5 people together that all have synergy with each other.

I would choose ranger (druid), weaver or mesmer (condi or power).

If your buddy is going stealth I would play mesmer. If you are not stealth but your buddy is they will focus on you which will force you to be defensive a lot of the time making it harder to find moments to apply your damage. Obviously if you guys spike enough to start you'll put them on the defensive, but this doesn't always happen when your not both stealth.

I do not recommend a class specced for supporting; the furthest you should go this way is a 'jack of all trades' imo; emitting boons, ccing, and dps. You don't want your friend to be the only DPS while you chase after him. Enemies can out dps your healing rate. I think the best way to add support at the small scale is to send the enemy on the defensive/downed as quickly as possible. This doesn't mean always pick a high dps class, just make sure your doing something other than healing your friend and kiting in a fight.

I feel the same way about warrior so I play weaver, mesmer and ranger :) You can also double up with your friend and play the same class too

@"Musty.3148" said:As a roamer and small scale player I want to ask, "what is your group lacking?" Fill that gap, It could be a healing Ele, could be Power pressure, Condi pressure, Boons, Condi clear, etc. find out what fits well with your buddies imho. They should also do the same, you will be amazed once you get 2-5 people together that all have synergy with each other.

Ele has the problem that it has not good evasion capabilities. Mesmer ,thief and ranger, in the worst case can often disengage and run away ... with weaver it is harder ( no stealth and less mobility )

@Drunkstain.5639 said:I feel like im not doing any damage, I struggle to find my way into fights as when its group v group im just dropping pretty quick if I go in.

Do you have Path of Fire? I too recently got back to using my warrior in WvW and it works well in both small and large skirmishes. I can't say anything on your gameplay as I just don't know but the Spellbreaker is a powerhouse in Player v Player settings. Warrior in general has a lot of passive and active defensive options to make surviving completely viable.

If you're finding you are dying too easily try switching some of your weapons around, and the specializations that go with those sets. For example, many Spellbreakers take the shield for its interrupt no.4 and the 'Defense' line for reduced cooldowns and lifesaving options if offers Warriors.

Ranger is interesting. I Feel like if I had a ranged weapon I would be able to be more useful when we are kiting bigger numbers. What ranger spec would you recommend?

Ive been playing spellbreaker with GS and Dagger/Shield. I dont know, I think im just not playing it right. Ive seen spellbreakers jsut basically be invulnerable haha. I get two people on me and melt. Like I said, its most likely a learn to play issue as Ive found myself struggling to learn to get good at this game. The struggle is real.

If you're playing spellbreaker in full zerk with scholar runes, you're going to have a bad time as an inexperienced player. Good players can make it work, but those of us who aren't gods at warrior generally should be wearing marauder gear. Axe probably would pair better with shield than dagger, since it's been buffed to do quite respectable damage.

Im trying ot follow this build: http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoeRnMdAVhgdhAu6CciglrATJH06qBIBgEQBAfD/hPxA-jVyHABwfCAA4QAwkSw3V/pHlfBcEAi/BA4l+gw3fYewBwAkqUTFYABEQABEgSNgASNgASN1UDQKA90aB-w

I havent got durable runes or the marauder gear yet so perhaps once I get that Ill be able to do better. Axe could be interesting, I guess I could test that out to try to get more damage.

@PierPiero.9142 said:

@"Musty.3148" said:As a roamer and small scale player I want to ask, "what is your group lacking?" Fill that gap, It could be a healing Ele, could be Power pressure, Condi pressure, Boons, Condi clear, etc. find out what fits well with your buddies imho. They should also do the same, you will be amazed once you get 2-5 people together that all have synergy with each other.

Ele has the problem that it has not good evasion capabilities. Mesmer ,thief and ranger, in the worst case can often disengage and run away ... with weaver it is harder ( no stealth and less mobility )

Sure, I agree, I duo with a healing ele, and I could almost always get away on my mesmer. He has a much harder time. But I try to stay with him and stun, kill ones that are chasing him. Works very well. And we don't run unless the odds are simply impossible. :) He's a bitch to kill just because of his build. So a lot of times we can stretch them out and kill a couple at a time.

@Musty.3148 said:

@Musty.3148 said:As a roamer and small scale player I want to ask, "what is your group lacking?" Fill that gap, It could be a healing Ele, could be Power pressure, Condi pressure, Boons, Condi clear, etc. find out what fits well with your buddies imho. They should also do the same, you will be amazed once you get 2-5 people together that all have synergy with each other.

Sure, I agree, I duo with a healing ele, and I could almost always get away on my mesmer. He has a much harder time. But I try to stay with him and stun, kill ones that are chasing him. Works very well. And we don't run unless the odds are simply impossible. :) He's a kitten to kill just because of his build. So a lot of times we can stretch them out and kill a couple at a time.

Yes but quite often small scale fight involves also solo roaming ... and in that case evasion is something really needed ..

@PierPiero.9142 said:

@Musty.3148 said:As a roamer and small scale player I want to ask, "what is your group lacking?" Fill that gap, It could be a healing Ele, could be Power pressure, Condi pressure, Boons, Condi clear, etc. find out what fits well with your buddies imho. They should also do the same, you will be amazed once you get 2-5 people together that all have synergy with each other.

Sure, I agree, I duo with a healing ele, and I could almost always get away on my mesmer. He has a much harder time. But I try to stay with him and stun, kill ones that are chasing him. Works very well. And we don't run unless the odds are simply impossible. :) He's a kitten to kill just because of his build. So a lot of times we can stretch them out and kill a couple at a time.

Yes but quite often small scale fight involves also solo roaming ... and in that case evasion is something really needed ..

I know what you're saying, and I agree soloing on an ele is like slammin' your dick in a car door...but I don't know why you're answering to me, he CLEARLY says group, not SOLO... "So my buds and I came back to game recently its been pretty fun. Im struggling though when we get into the group v group type fights." I'm saying a heal ele is great in a group. I'm just trying to get him to think about what his particular group lacks and possibly fill that niche. It's not super hard to understand.

Archived