How would you redesign the ranger?

Lonami.2987

On 5/19/2021 at 7:15 PM, WeWantWaffles.2873 said:

I really don't like how the soulbeast plays. It's a must-have for damage builds, and ..

- It forces you to pick a pet based on function rather than style (I -love- my pet, I don't want a spider if I'm a dog person!)

- It gets rid of your friend, instead of empowering the relationship ranger has with their friend.

I also don't enjoy pet swapping mechanics. I'm not running a zoo, I'm supposed to be an adventurer with a pet pal.

I also hate these 2 things. Immensely.

The fern hound which my ranger began with is my absolute fave. But regeneration and its stacking being what they are, it is quite possibly the most useless of all pets.

Pet swapping mechanics are horrid, but extend beyond ranger to other profs with weapon / attunement / legend swapping mechanics. Possibly someone senior in the design team has ADHD or is manic and if so, they have my sympathy. Truly.

But swapping everything constantly is super not fun. The cooldowns on them should also go.

I should swap weapons, pet, attunement, legend etc. not because of some inane and non-immersive buff you've eg. tacked onto a trait. I should swap because it makes sense or I otherwise just want to use that other thing.