Scourge is too strong

NaXorb.9732

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Its bad enough in wvw trying to fight the scourge trains but I cannot imagine what its like in competitive pvp.Scourge is literally the joke "make marks pulse!".

I mean take into account many scourges have been replaced by revenants doing 10k+ damage on CoR, your complaints are somewhat outdated.

There are like 4 scourges to every hammer rev in wvw. And of those hammer revs there are like 1 in 5 that arnt rallybots because it is a glass cannon. Scourges enable hammer revs with the boon corruptions.

I'd argue that it's more f5's pulsing damage popping aegis that's enabling hammer revs

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres only one class that is so ridiculous and 1 shot everyone and is called Mesmer. go cry on their forums instead..

After nerfs most classes can kill a scourge , hes not that strong 1vs1 anymore. Firebrand scourge compo is still strong but not what it used to be. Try play random pvp as scourge now and see how fast you die when semi focused.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:Its bad enough in wvw trying to fight the scourge trains but I cannot imagine what its like in competitive pvp.Scourge is literally the joke "make marks pulse!".

I mean take into account many scourges have been replaced by revenants doing 10k+ damage on CoR, your complaints are somewhat outdated.

There are like 4 scourges to every hammer rev in wvw. And of those hammer revs there are like 1 in 5 that arnt rallybots because it is a glass cannon. Scourges enable hammer revs with the boon corruptions.

I beg to differ. Backline revs and eles in tandem with spellbreakers are the true damage. Scourges still have their place but the recent nerfs have very much reduced their strength.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

I beg to differ. Backline revs and eles in tandem with spellbreakers are the true damage. Scourges still have their place but the recent nerfs have very much reduced their strength.

Agree - hammer revs kick arse in WvW.

They have great sustain, even in full zerk.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:For the life of me, I cannot understand why players are so headstrong about getting off their current class and getting on one that can easily deal with scourges.

Yes we should all just reroll to 2 classes because of scourge. Rather than you know, having a healthy and diverse meta.

Oh and nevermind that Soulbeast and Deadeye are worthless against everything but scourge which means you won't actually kill the enemy scourge because you'll get counterpressured and rekt by the Scourges teammates. Players have adapted to Scourge, players have discovered the best way to handle a Scourge is to bring your own Scourge, and players have learned that anything other than the 3 builds that can coexist with scourge is no longer worth playing.

Oh and I hope you realize that Scourge is itself a ranged class. Or have you not noticed that Manifest Shade, scepter, and staff are all ranged?

ANYTHING with 1200 range is the bane of a Scourge. Wish my scourge could go toe to toe with a power hammer rev too, but nope.

most complains are pre nerfed . Scourges now can loose form everyone 1vs1. Their barriers are nerfed so without support are paper , so they getting hard counter by anything with more than 1200range or supermobile ( half the classes in game) and can be killed easy from mesmers warriors or guardians , str8 up melee fight ( that's the other half classes) only class that I think have problem with scourges are engineers.

Terms of group everyone has condi cleane right now and a good firebrand just negates scourges. Heck even a good druid in spvp can cleance and have strong burst heal that negate the dmg or a staff tempest

Scourges are good vs random scrubs that mindlessly go into the aoe without support which 90% of games is like that in random pvp rank or unranked

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:Well scourge was designed to be a support spec, so maybe just remove all the condies and damage, and buff healing/barrier/whatever else?

watch anets introduction to scourge:

scourge is designed to support allies and torment enemies. its not only support, its condi dmg too. so plzz stop talking about scourge if you dont have any clue about it. thx.

@Kaiser.9873 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:For the life of me, I cannot understand why players are so headstrong about getting off their current class and getting on one that can easily deal with scourges.

Yes we should all just reroll to 2 classes because of scourge. Rather than you know, having a healthy and diverse meta.

Oh and nevermind that Soulbeast and Deadeye are worthless against everything but scourge which means you won't actually kill the enemy scourge because you'll get counterpressured and rekt by the Scourges teammates. Players have adapted to Scourge, players have discovered the best way to handle a Scourge is to bring your own Scourge, and players have learned that anything other than the 3 builds that can coexist with scourge is no longer worth playing.

Oh and I hope you realize that Scourge is itself a ranged class. Or have you not noticed that Manifest Shade, scepter, and staff are all ranged?

ANYTHING
with 1200 range is the bane of a Scourge. Wish my scourge could go toe to toe with a power hammer rev too, but nope.

Hammer rev is a easy kill. It has no disengage and no cleanse. You literally just fear it with staff5, port to it with sand swell then blow it's head off.

@Crinn.7864 said:

I think you miss his point ... he's not saying to reroll to 2 classes to counter scourge. That would actually be really dumb.

Can we please stop saying scourge is supposed to be a support class when the middle line is very obviously the dps option? Scourge was always supposed to give the option of condition damage or heavy support. When it was shown everybody expected it to be the condition class to reapers power class and was hoping that the mentioned support was viable.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Well scourge was designed to be a support spec, so maybe just remove all the condies and damage, and buff healing/barrier/whatever else?

how about no?

how about yes?Full Support is the only way you're ever going make a mass AoE spec not break the game.

So, what should we do with eles in pve? Massive AOE DPS, we nerf them too?

@vicious.5683 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Well scourge was designed to be a support spec, so maybe just remove all the condies and damage, and buff healing/barrier/whatever else?

how about no?

how about yes?Full Support is the only way you're ever going make a mass AoE spec not break the game.

So, what should we do with eles in pve? Massive AOE DPS, we nerf them too?Ele has absolutely enormous cast times on their damage AoEs in addition to long cooldowns. Eles also don't spew debuffs everywhere

@Crinn.7864 said:

how about no?

So, what should we do with eles in pve? Massive AOE DPS, we nerf them too?Ele has absolutely enormous cast times on their damage AoEs in addition to long cooldowns. Eles also don't spew debuffs everywhere

Necro has absolutely no mobility, invulnerabilities, blocks, escapes. So they need damage to stay relevant. Beside, you just need to roll out of the shades to save yourself from all that damage and debuffing effects.

@vicious.5683 said:

how about no?

Necro has absolutely no mobility, invulnerabilities, blocks, escapes. So they need damage to stay relevant. Beside, you just need to roll out of the shades to save yourself from all that damage and debuffing effects.

ok....true.and...kinda true

but there should be some form of defense vs conditions. similar to how armor reduces dmg from physical attacks.

right now, the abilities that reduce conditon dmg are so rare. and conditions scourge puts down are applied so fast, that its really hard to cleanse them or defend against them.

maybe the healing power also reduces condition dmg (not like many people use that attribute right now. would make it somewhat valuable)

seriously....bit scary when Scourges are the most common class in WvW....

I've been maining necro and ritualist since GW1 and I can tell tell OP that a hard counter to current scourge is ranged. In random sPvP I've been slaughtered by rifle engi, pew pew thieves and just about any class that utilises range weapons, or hit and run tactics.

You do realised we don't have a lot (zero in some cases) of escape mechanisms, stealth or teleport. Doesn't matter how you mince the 'overpoweredness' maybe its just a placebo effect?

The more you play the class, the more you realised there are so many wrong things with scourge and overpoweredness is not one of them.

@Avigrus.2871 said:

Agree - hammer revs kick kitten in WvW.

They have great sustain, even in full zerk.

Yes great sustain...

"Oh I Condi bombed, guess I just /sit. Oh I can't even do that cause I'm feared..."

Answer this..at what time in gw2 history has necro in any form been considered by most as OP as is scourge right now. We've been pretty uninspired for the most, so perhaps they just gave us a momentary power trip so focus shifts off other issues relating to prior elites. We've cried about our status, they go here it is wear the crown for a minute and see how you like it. There will be no middle ground achieved, just chill and play the game. As others have said be careful what you wish (when overemphasizing a dmg nerf) as the usual heavy handed approach is usually applied. It doesnt take Nostradamus to see where this'll go.

@Zero.3871 said:

@"MyPuppy.8970" said:Well scourge was designed to be a support spec, so maybe just remove all the condies and damage, and buff healing/barrier/whatever else?

watch anets introduction to scourge:

scourge is designed to support allies and torment enemies. its not only support, its condi dmg too. so plzz stop talking about scourge if you dont have any clue about it. thx.

It doesn't only torment though. Just keep torment then.

@arenta.2953 said:

how about no?

ok....true.and...kinda true

but there should be some form of defense vs conditions. similar to how armor reduces dmg from physical attacks.

right now, the abilities that reduce conditon dmg are so rare. and conditions scourge puts down are applied so fast, that its really hard to cleanse them or defend against them.

maybe the healing power also reduces condition dmg (not like many people use that attribute right now. would make it somewhat valuable)

seriously....bit scary when Scourges are the most common class in WvW....

It's nice to have a place at last. Necromancers have been excluded from any high end PVE content since the beginning.Besides, scourges were nerfed recently, maybe it just need time to people to adapt.

Archived