Plant harvesting deception

This happens very often when I'm at the flax field down at verdant brink.

I almost always hold control down to see interactables, so I can see how many flax nodes are left to be harvested... yet sometimes, right after I finish collecting one of the last, I can clearly see how the few leftover ones (usually one or two) simply DISAPPEAR before my eyes. Am I getting robbed?

Mind you, I'm using Item booster and heroes banner gathering boosts (side characters sitting at VB). Why does this happen? Am I the only one who experiences this?

@"Razor.6392" said:This happens very often when I'm at the flax field down at verdant brink.

I almost always hold control down to see interactables, so I can see how many flax nodes are left to be harvested... yet sometimes, right after I finish collecting one of the last, I can clearly see how the few leftover ones (usually one or two) simply DISAPPEAR before my eyes. Am I getting robbed?

Mind you, I'm using Item booster and heroes banner gathering boosts (side characters sitting at VB). Why does this happen? Am I the only one who experiences this?

There's a cap on certain nodes under certain circumstances. In particular, node farms (such as the flax farm in VB near the Itzel) are limited to 8 nodes per character per reset. If you harvest two right before reset and spawn in a new instance after reset, you'll see eight nodes there, but you'll still only be able to harvest six more; the other two will disappear after you harvest the "eighth".

There's nothing in the UI to help let us see the cap, whether before or after, except that nodes disappear.

Sometimes you get extra harvests off of a single node, but if you were to harvest a 'new' node next, the prior one or ones can disappear as a result of hitting the limit. However, if you are sure to stick to the same node until it disappears each time, you should get to collect everything. I had tested it before after noticing it happen, and was able to repeat it the next time I got extra harvests. Granted that was around HoT release, up to a few months after.

Since you were using booster and banners, this may be the case as it will trigger this more often? I'd say click on each one and harvest that specific one until it is gone before moving on.

@Lunacy Solacio.6514 said:Sometimes you get extra harvests off of a single node, but if you were to harvest a 'new' node next, the prior one or ones can disappear as a result of hitting the limit. However, if you are sure to stick to the same node until it disappears each time, you should get to collect everything. I had tested it before after noticing it happen, and was able to repeat it the next time I got extra harvests. Granted that was around HoT release, up to a few months after.

Since you were using booster and banners, this may be the case as it will trigger this more often? I'd say click on each one and harvest that specific one until it is gone before moving on.

Thanks! Yeah sometimes I switch between nodes for the heck of it, I'll make sure to not do that anymore.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:FYI: There's an option (in Options) to 'Show All Usable Object Names', saving you holding down the Control Key.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Options-General.jpg

Good luck.

I used to think this would cause a lot of annoying and immersion-breaking screen clutter, but I turned it on to find chests more easily in the Dry Top sandstorms, and was amazed at how many things it lit up that I would have missed otherwise --lost coins, ancient saplings, mursaat tokens, etc. Highly recommended.

Archived