World Event Integration

katniss.6735

Most world events for successful maps are announced in map by players with a linked wp to them, so I think a zone wide alert would be slightly redundant, likely very annoying for experienced players - if it could be turned off while leaving the current alerts that usually are useful ( especially for ex pack map metas) then maybe. Also mind that jungle wurm/caledon forest, frozen maw/wayfarer foothills, fire elemental/metrica province are all awfully scaled events and IMO their scaling should be fixed before we increase their popularity- once newbs will have found the place they'll already be dead, ive seen them be killed in less than a minute too many times : P (shadow behemoth only avoids this category due it's portal summoning/temporary immunities, most other world bosses are pretty decently done...though mega destroyer is bordering on the "killed in minute or two" category)

That said, it'd be nice to see the boss timers in game instead of having to go to wiki for it.

If there was a map-wide announcement then I completely agree there would need to be a way to turn it off. Sure, it might be great for new players but if I'm in a low level map I already know exactly where the bosses spawn and if I don't know when they'll be showing up people in map chat will tell me, I don't need it spammed across the screen when I'm in the middle of doing something completely different as well.

It should probably also be restricted to characters who are at least the appropriate level for the area. If a new player is level 5 and just getting to grips with the basics they don't need an announcement that they're missing a world boss on the other side of the map. If they don't know what world bosses are they might worry they're missing their only chance at something special, but if they do go to join in they'll likely just get killed and/or lost (and then killed again) trying to get there.

Maybe as a compromise they could do what they do with some of the more recent big events (like the ley line anomaly) and make the event markers for the world bosses, including their pre-events, show up from anywhere in the map. That way players who are the right level and not in the middle of something else can head over there to see what's going on, but people who are brand new will just see an event that's too far away and (if they've noticed the level gradient in maps) too high level for them, and people who are familiar with world bosses can see what it is and choose whether they join in or not without having it splashed across the screen.

no thank you at all not interested at all !!! and want a way to turn it off and not be bothered at all with World events with zone-wide alerts at all !!! that reminds me when anet got super foolish with the SL E-SPORTS games !!! and the player base made it very clear fully to anet about that idea !!!

anet gets that foolish idea to put this back into the game as op suggests well it be time to really stop playing this game fully more so with 3rd party add-ons and api keys that can be easy hacked

thanks but no thanks at all in any way shape or form :# :# :#

Archived