is Power warr, berserker or spellbreaker good?

Sivannie.2670

@"MadFable.1978" said:you can play really anything open world. Power is perhaps "Faster" since it's more bursty. But condi works as well. Condi starts winning out in longer fights, like for bosses.

I like open world mostly, but are power builds also viable in fractals or raids?

@Sivannie.2670 said:

@"MadFable.1978" said:you can play really anything open world. Power is perhaps "Faster" since it's more bursty. But condi works as well. Condi starts winning out in longer fights, like for bosses.

I like open world mostly, but are power builds also viable in fractals or raids?

Not the top-tier Fractals nor Raids, but decent enough for low-to-mid Fractals*

*Your mileage may vary depending on how elitist the party leader is.

@Oglaf.1074 said:

thx for your answer.... which specializarion could be better for solo power build?

I've actually decided to go back to power on my Warrior for the heck of it in T4 fractals. Axe/Axe and Greatsword, 2 banners + kick. Strength/Arms/Tactics for empower allies. I actually do decent DPS, no it's not top tier but I did 100K on whirling axe once, consistently 60K. The burst is good enough for fractals, but not optimal

@Sivannie.2670 said:

thx for your answer.... which specializarion could be better for solo power build?

Berserker works just as well for Power as it does Condi, really.

Spellbreaker is more of a PvP specialization.

Just core Warrior should not be understimated either though. You can have a lot of fun in solo PvE with this build, for example:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Warrior_-_Dodging_Makes_Right

• 4 weeks later...

@Oglaf.1074 said:

I use my power warrior for T4 Fractals and CMs just fine.

@Sivannie.2670 said:

From my experience, as long as your a banner slave most groups do not care if your power or condi. If someone has an issue, then they're likely running a group dps meter.

The biggest issue with Bannerslaving is having to take the two Banners. You’ll really want both Kick and Bull’s Charge in order to activate the physical skill damage bonus from that Strength trait, but being stuck with the Banners leaves you cramped for space.

Another issue is that there really isn’t a viable ranged weapon for when you want one (scrub strat Deimos for example). Longbow is an amazing Condi weapon but neither Rifle or it make that good Power weapons.

In PvE Open World, I run a Berserker, Axe/Mace and GS. You can always change out certain trait lines and skills to best fit the specific area you are in...its just a place to start.(I also have a full set of Maurader's gear I can swap to if needed or if I run into a big group doing Metas or Bounties in PoF. I will also sometimes swap to Hammer/GS when CC is needed.) Enjoy and experiment!! :)http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJMQNAR3ZnMdA9dgVeA2eAElileA796mdHvGBgPwS7YOcCyeA-jRSDwAg0Nw4CA8U5Br9Hep+jXlgAMxk4BA0TJGA-e

@Oglaf.1074 said:The biggest issue with Bannerslaving is having to take the two Banners. You’ll really want both Kick and Bull’s Charge in order to activate the physical skill damage bonus from that Strength trait, but being stuck with the Banners leaves you cramped for space.

Another issue is that there really isn’t a viable ranged weapon for when you want one (scrub strat Deimos for example). Longbow is an amazing Condi weapon but neither Rifle or it make that good Power weapons.

Power Warrior with Banners is around 24k DPS.

Archived