sugg: can we plz have the ability to not receive bloodstone dusts and the likes?

Samnang.1879

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:Let's do what OP said. Implement an option where players can choose to receive all loot, or no loot at all. Option 2 would obviously solve OP's issue... :tongue: :

Seriously though. If OP decides these items are worth nothing, refuses to use the eaters or refine them, then you have to live with the consequences of your choices. There is no need to cater to personal needs in a MMO. Not to this extent.

this is such a wrong thinking. the players are the consumers, they keep the game running. the company has an obligation to listen to the consumers' sugg whether it's personal or not. and whether resources are an issue, it's not like you know or in a position to decide.

Funny thing, when I first saw this thread I didn't think it sounded too horrible of an idea. Not something I would support as it would seem really unnecessary with eaters, but since all my eaters are only on one character I thought "If I could turn it off for all but one of my characters maybe that wouldn't be too horrible"

But then I saw OPs attitude and I just....kMuQGSI.jpg

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Make them sellable in the AH, please? I run out of them too fast with converters.

I'd love to sell you or any other player mine. I hate crafting. I don't really care about ascended gear beyond the easily farmable stuff on the S3 maps, so the ore and the dust I get everywhere is of no use to me. I'm constantly deleting it from all of my toons' bags. Someone else might as well enjoy it. I'd even donate it if I could.

@Samnang.1879 said:sugg: can we plz have the ability to not receive bloodstone dusts and the likes empyreal dragonite etc?Or at least make them vendor-able so i can sell them as junk and not have to double click to destroy them

getting really tired of having to destroy zillion stacks of them. as someone who plays every day, i get 2000 of them really fast like 1 or 2 days even the 2000 storage thing is not working for me... and having to destroy them is a nuisance and really mundaneOh wow, better make them giftable or something, you could send them to me alright then, I haven't been able to feed Mawdrey, Herta and a bunch of other gizmos properly since I actually did some crafting with them!

@Enoah.1956 said:

@Samnang.1879 said:sugg: can we plz have the ability to not receive bloodstone dusts and the likes empyreal dragonite etc?Or at least make them vendor-able so i can sell them as junk and not have to double click to destroy them

getting really tired of having to destroy zillion stacks of them. as someone who plays every day, i get 2000 of them really fast like 1 or 2 days even the 2000 storage thing is not working for me... and having to destroy them is a nuisance and really mundaneOh wow, better make them giftable or something, you could send them to me alright then, I haven't been able to feed Mawdrey, Herta and a bunch of other gizmos properly since I actually did some crafting with them!

meh... thats the same as deleting them... clicking things wihout benefiting me or my time.

exactly

99% of items from those eaters are even more junk that u have to click more to get rid of = more chances of getting arthritis. if there were chances that you get items that you actually need (for e.g. mystic coin or amalgamated gemstone), then i would feel motivated to use those eaters.

but 99.999999999999999999% of the time, all you get are some random junk black coals or whatever that you can't even vendor and have to click even more to delete.

idk if ppl are simply unable to sympathise or jus playing the devil's advocate, but you know what... i'll let anet be the judge of it. they're ultimately the ones with the decision making, not these forumers.

@Eidolonemesis.5640 said:Here is a solution for such easily-obtainable ascended materials I mentioned back in Dec. 2017 of last year:

Make the default storage space for Piles of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, and Pieces of Candy Corn 2,500 (10 stacks worth), and for players wanting more space than that, they can purchase the Material Storage Expander item from the Gem Store.

However, the Material Storage Expander text would need to be changed to: Double-click to increase the maximum stack size of all stored materials by 250. Easily acquired materials like Piles of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, and Pieces of Candy Corn have their stack sizes increased by 2,500.

Furthermore, players whose accounts already have the maximum number of Material Storage Expanders would be granted the new increased storage space to Piles of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, and Pieces of Candy Corn (as they should be to make it fair).

And players whose accounts do not have the maximum number of Material Storage Expanders would have the default space for Piles of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, and Pieces of Candy Corn increased to the default stack size of 2,500 instead of a default stack size of 250.

The number 2,500 works perfect because 8 Material Storage Expanders bought from the Gem Store = a 20,000 stack size for Piles of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, and Pieces of Candy Corn just like for all other materials = a 2,000 stack size (when buying 8 Material Storage Expanders).

If Anet implemented the above solution, then collecting Piles of Bloodstone Dust, Dragonite Ore, Empyreal Fragments, and Pieces of Candy Corn would be less burdensome on our Bank space and our Inventory space.

NOTE: I understand Pieces of Candy Corn are not considered an ascended material, yet with the release of the Candy Corn Gobbler, it would be nice to hold much more Pieces of Candy Corn at a time.

That's not a good solution at all. All you are doing is creating a delay until bank space fills up again, then you're stuck with the same exact problem except now you have 20000 useless bloodstone dust to get rid of on top of excess instead of 500-1000. Making them vendor-able for 1c or even for nothing at all would be much more preferable. I personally don't have a problem so long as I use the gobblers regularly, but that's because I make a conscious effort to avoid events that reward them if I know I have a surplus.

@Samnang.1879 said:

meh... thats the same as deleting them... clicking things wihout benefiting me or my time.

Exactly the attitude I was talking about. Not thinking about whether it would benefit the game or help the playerbase as a whole, and is only caring about one's personal (and rather uncommon, to put it lightly) feelings towards certain aspects of the game.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

Exactly the attitude I was talking about. Not thinking about whether it would benefit the game or help the playerbase as a whole, and is only caring about one's personal (and rather uncommon, to put it lightly) feelings towards certain aspects of the game.

u can't judge me based on what i comment on here... u only see 1 facet.i help train ppl in raids, help ppl clear raid bosses even afer clearing already etc answer ppl questions about the game in game... people don't see these aspects... if u don know someone i's better not to judge them tyvm.

just because i dont want to play click wars doesn't mean i'm selfish. like i said b4 i only play mmo to kill things so sue me for not wanting to manage my inv.

also it's not like my sugg affect anyone? at all... i don't see any reason for anyone to oppose this sugg it's not like i'm asking for the item to be remmoved or threaten anet, "i will quit the game if u dont do it my way" like many forumers like to do... yet yall don't go in on them

but yall will go in on me and my humble sugg

@Conqueror.3682 said:Can we expand this to trash runes and sigils too?

i think anet already made up their mind they wont do it based on previous comments about not putting them in inv storage. but y'know i dont have a prob with these runes cuz they're vendorable, unlike those cursed bloodstone dusts, empyreal, auric dust etc.

but honestly if anet wants to make it so we don have to get green and yellow runes and sigils i'm all for it... no complaints here

@Samnang.1879 said:

u can't judge me based on what i comment on here...

But we can judge your request, which is frankly quite niche since I haven't seen anything like it in my 5.5 years in this game. Sure, I've seen people complaining about the amount of certain loot they get but I've never come across a request to turn off (certain) loot. Especially not when there are multiple other options offered to prevent storage from filling up to capacity. Loot is a major part of the game, of any MMO. They're never going to implement a system that can turn it off. And if you realize that last part, your request ends up being completely moot.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

@"Samnang.1879" said:u can't judge me based on what i comment on here...

But we can judge your request, which is frankly quite niche since I haven't seen anything like it in my 5.5 years in this game. Sure, I've seen people complaining about the amount of certain loot they get but I've never come across a request to turn off (certain) loot. Especially not when there are multiple other options offered to prevent storage from filling up to capacity. Loot is a major part of the game, of any MMO. They're never going to implement a system that can turn it off. And if you realize that last part, your request ends up being completely moot.

That part I dont mind. I dont get why people have to start attacking my personality when this is not the place nor time to do that. I love how anet moderators ignore this, but will give me infractions in the past for simply stating my honest opinions without even attacking anybody.

Like I've said previously, I'm sick and tired of the, "They are never going to do it because ___". yall said mounts would never happen, yall said chak eggs gemstone etc would never get inv storage, yall said "consume all" would never come, yet here they are.

My requests are in line with those above mentioned, and require less work. And I'm not the first to complain about this, there are zillions of bloodstone dust haters who made thread about it...

I also don't understand what is "niche" about my request? If people can request almagamated gemstone to be stored in storage, why can't i request not to receive something? That's and illogical and yall know it, stop playing devil's advocate with me and actually read my arguments for once.

@Samnang.1879 said:

i think anet already made up their mind they wont do it based on previous comments about not putting them in inv storage. but y'know i dont have a prob with these runes cuz they're vendorable, unlike those cursed bloodstone dusts, empyreal, auric dust etc.

but honestly if anet wants to make it so we don have to get green and yellow runes and sigils i'm all for it... no complaints here

So your ok clicking on a vendor then clicking on the item or items to sell... I am thinking your issue is you want a value attached to these materials so you can sell them.. if so just come out and say so, it's not like it's the most wayout there request ever made, but to hide behind "clickwars" is just kinda funny, especially as you might even have to click map and click wp etc to go find a vendor to sell them to.. so I smell a rat here.If you want vendor value ask, or use the eaters cos everything they drop has a vendor value , with a few lowbie jewellery pieces being the odd exception.

But such attitude for something that is quite frankly more mundane than your initial reasoning imo. :)

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

So your ok clicking on a vendor then clicking on the item or items to sell... I am thinking your issue is you want a value attached to these materials so you can sell them.. if so just come out and say so, it's not like it's the most wayout there request ever made, but to hide behind "clickwars" is just kinda funny, especially as you might even have to click map and click wp etc to go find a vendor to sell them to.. so I smell a rat here.If you want vendor value ask, or use the eaters cos everything they drop has a vendor value , with a few lowbie jewellery pieces being the odd exception.

But such attitude for something that is quite frankly more mundane than your initial reasoning imo. :)

Exactly. I believe i expressed that sentiment in my first post and many more posts. clicking to sell runes etc is meaningful because it gives something back. clicking to delete something that build up is not meaningful and therefore it is mundane.

i wouldn't wp to a vendor just to sell 1 item. ppl wp to a vendor to sell several junk that build up after completing an event or fractal or raid, so im not sure why you think that somehow im a rat for wanting something to be vendor-able?

anyway to sum this up in the most logical way; every single item in the game should be vendor-able, idc if it's 1c, it's way easier to sell them then to drag it out and delete them... and some item (like mystic forge stone, experience scroll 20, booster gun from bdays) you even have to type out to delete... INCREDIBLY TEDIOUS AND MUNDANE. like i have 18 toons, every time i get a brithday i have to type out "Experience scroll" to delete, incredibly TEDIOUS! and i would never need to use it considering i can get 10k of tomes of knowledge in like 1 week.

-___- why do ppl not understand this??? am i being unreasonable or an incredibly irrational human being? do i have some form of mental illness that normal people just dont seem to get irritated by?

@Samnang.1879 said:

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

Exactly. I believe i expressed that sentiment in my first post and many more posts. clicking to sell runes etc is meaningful because it gives something back. clicking to delete something that build up is not meaningful and therefore it is mundane.

i wouldn't wp to a vendor just to sell 1 item. ppl wp to a vendor to sell several junk that build up after completing an event or fractal or raid, so im not sure why you think that somehow im a rat for wanting something to be vendor-able?

anyway to sum this up in the most logical way; every single item in the game should be vendor-able, idc if it's 1c, it's way easier to sell them then to drag it out and delete them... and some item (like mystic forge stone, experience scroll 20, booster gun from bdays) you even have to type out to delete... INCREDIBLY TEDIOUS AND MUNDANE. like i have 18 toons, every time i get a brithday i have to type out "Experience scroll" to delete, incredibly TEDIOUS! and i would never need to use it considering i can get 10k of tomes of knowledge in like 1 week.

-___- why do ppl not understand this??? am i being unreasonable or an incredibly irrational human being? do i have some form of mental illness that normal people just dont seem to get irritated by?

Its not easier its the same.. you drag and click or you click vendor, select item, click sell... as for your "arthritis" quote.. how is collecting sigils and selling ostuff gunna save you from drag, click to destroy.

If your going to make a case for your post, at least be consistent with what it is your wanting anet to consider.

Is it you want to be able to sell or be able to save yourself from arthritis.. cos honestly I am getting confused what your real issue is and right now just see complaining for complaining sake.As I said if you want anet to consider applying a vendor value cos you want to sell not destroy then just straight up say, but don't try to mask the reasons behind RSI, arthritis, mundane clicks etc.. to be honest many of us want a vendor value for this stuff instead of just discarding it, there is no shame in that.

Only thing I would think ANET would need to consider if adding a vendor value is whether it could hurt the game economy and have to then look at reducing drop rates or induce more material sinks to control the wealth creep potential.

@"Bloodstealer.5978" said:Its not easier its the same.. you drag and click or you click vendor, select item, click sell... as for your "arthritis" quote.. how is collecting sigils and selling ostuff gunna save you from drag, click to destroy.

If your going to make a case for your post, at least be consistent with what it is your wanting anet to consider.

Is it you want to be able to sell or be able to save yourself from arthritis.. cos honestly I am getting confused what your real issue is and right now just see complaining for complaining sake.As I said if you want anet to consider applying a vendor value cos you want to sell not destroy then just straight up say, but don't try to mask the reasons behind RSI, arthritis, mundane clicks etc.. to be honest many of us want a vendor value for this stuff instead of just discarding it, there is no shame in that.

Only thing I would think ANET would need to consider if adding a vendor value is whether it could hurt the game economy and have to then look at reducing drop rates or induce more material sinks to control the wealth creep potential.

I think people here are overthinking/overanalzying my comments...bruUp7v.jpg

I'm not hiding behind anything.My first request is to not receive it, therefore obviously reducing the amount of clicking I would have to do since I won't need to delete zillions stacks of dusts.

Then i proceeded with another paragraph, being the vendor-able option. I'd happily get arthritis if anet made it vendor-able. This is a 2nd request that I'd be happy to take if they don't like/can't implement the first one.

At the moment, I'm deleting things and I'm getting arthritis symptoms and I'm not getting anything out of it. And you want me to be happy. Ok.

Can yall stop twisting my comments and/or assume things about me? it's either an agree or disagree topic... it's. not. that. deep.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Linken.6345 said:You can buy a new character slot load it up with bloodstone dust, emp fragments and dragonite ore and delete when it get full rince and repeat.EditThis can solve your experience scroll issue aswell used it on the new char, can even do a weekly key run when those are up aswell if your into that.

If I had the patience to do weekly key run.... do u think bloodstone dusts piling would be an issue for me? truth is i simply don't have the patience for these mundane things... thanks for ur sugg, but i have ocd when it comes to inv space and like to keep stuff at 0/100

Archived