Need help from experienced players

Sivannie.2670

Hmmm.... To be honest, you're asking for a very acute set of requirements for your build, and in most cases, you won't find any current build matching such a specific set of requirements. For example, where a class might meet three of your parameters, such as being tanky, high damage and a power build, it might not meet the "high complexity" requirement, and so on.

The closest I can think of is a DPS weaver build using zerker gear. It meets the requirements of high complexity (it is probably the most complex class to play right now), great dps (right up there near the top) and being viable in all forms of PvE content. It's also a power build (and the highest damage power build right now). It is, however, not the type of class you can facetank damage with directly. It has high sustain if you use it well and switch to other elements for recovery and defense where necessary, and it is quite versatile, but it will require a lot of competency on the player's side to keep alive. But I guess that falls in line with the "high complexity" requirement.

@Sivannie.2670 said:I want to know if there is a class that fits the following characteristics:

Non-condition build with:-high complexity-good dps-high sustainability/tanky-viable in open world, fractals and raids

Well, I hope there is any.

Um ... that's pretty specificAny class can be viable in open world, so that helps reduce your requirements.

A high complex, good DPS class would be Ele. It's also regarded as a very good healer for Raids as well; it's complexity comes from swapping elements to go between different strengths (tanking, healing and DPS). Can be played non-conditional IIRC.

@"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:Hmmm.... To be honest, you're asking for a very acute set of requirements for your build, and in most cases, you won't find any current build matching such a specific set of requirements. For example, where a class might meet three of your parameters, such as being tanky, high damage and a power build, it might not meet the "high complexity" requirement, and so on.

The closest I can think of is a DPS weaver build using zerker gear. It meets the requirements of high complexity (it is probably the most complex class to play right now), great dps (right up there near the top) and being viable in all forms of PvE content. It's also a power build (and the highest damage power build right now). It is, however, not the type of class you can facetank damage with directly. It has high sustain if you use it well and switch to other elements for recovery and defense where necessary, and it is quite versatile, but it will require a lot of competency on the player's side to keep alive. But I guess that falls in line with the "high complexity" requirement.

@Obtena.7952 said:

@Sivannie.2670 said:I want to know if there is a class that fits the following characteristics:

Non-condition build with:-high complexity-good dps-high sustainability/tanky-viable in open world, fractals and raids

Um ... that's pretty specificAny class can be viable in open world, so that helps reduce your requirements.

A high complex, good DPS class would be Ele. It's also regarded as a very good healer for Raids as well; it's complexity comes from swapping elements to go between different strengths (tanking, healing and DPS). Can be played non-conditional IIRC.

Thank you for your answers.I understand why you propose ele, but I have already tried it, and weaver. It's not taky, it's easy to control mobs but ranged mobs destroy me. I also play ranger and I can make bigger mobs easier.Maybe lowering the complexity part to medium-high?

The class you are looking for doesn't exist.

Tanky and high, competitive dps? No.Viable everywhere while remaining complex? No again. Most universally viable classes are the easy mode ones like ranger or warrior.

Scourge and firebrand can be tanky and dish decent dps, but they're braindead.Ele / weaver is a damage powerhouse and complex, but it's literal glass.Mesmer (chrono?) can be somewhat tanky (in damage avoidance) and complex but its dps is low.Thief can do some damage and be moderately complex, but it's also glass.

Maybe holosmith would suit you? Faceroll in holo mode while giving you the illusion of being pro, does ok damage and has medium HP with some active defenses.

@Sivannie.2670 said:

@"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:Hmmm.... To be honest, you're asking for a very acute set of requirements for your build, and in most cases, you won't find any current build matching such a specific set of requirements. For example, where a class might meet three of your parameters, such as being tanky, high damage and a power build, it might not meet the "high complexity" requirement, and so on.

Thank you for your answers.I understand why you propose ele, but I have already tried it, and weaver. It's not taky, it's easy to control mobs but ranged mobs destroy me. I also play ranger and I can make bigger mobs easier.Maybe lowering the complexity part to medium-high?

Ranged mobs can easily be countered using magnetic aura or swirling winds, etc. All the tools for an ele to survive are there, you just need to know how and when to use them.

One thing you'll start to understand in GW2 is that in many forms of content, you can't just outright facetank enemies. A lot of your survival is based less on damage mitigation, and more on damage avoidance. So more emphasis is placed on well timed active defenses or evasion, as opposed to passive durability. Even for the most durable classes, there will be cases where you can die in mere moments or from a single powerful attack in the highest level content.

With that being said, Dragon Hunters have it a lot easier when it comes to active defenses compared to most other classes. With their abundance of blocks, aegis, reflects, invulnerability and blinds, you'll be able to stay in the thick of things for longer periods. Power DH builds are also very strong dps wise (as far as power builds go), and if you use hammer, you can pretty much maintain 100% protection uptime for you and nearby allies. They're not overly complex (I'd say the most complex Guardian spec is the firebrand, but that focuses more on condition damage), but I'd say if you want to reduce complexity to add "tankiness", while still maintaining good power-based dps, then DH is a good alternative.

To be honest though, "complexity" and "tankiness" are often at odds with each other to begin with. A complex class can feel harder to survive with simply because its harder to use, so it's also natural for less complex classes to feel easier in that regard. Take thief for example. It's one of the easiest classes to survive with if you know what you're doing, and will often come out of a situation alive where everyone else around you is burried in the grave. But if you don't know what you're doing, it is one of the easiest classes to die with. In the end, it's all relative. Lol.

@Sivannie.2670 said:

I don't really know what 'medium high' would be. It's either faceroll easy, OK to play or over the top (to me Ele is over the top).

Ele is tanky ... the tools are there. I mean, you want a class that does it all. That's not really realistic ... there IS a reason there are many classes.

There is no class that fits all these criteria, as that would trivialize having multiple classes in the first place.Closest would probably be engineer, as they may not be able to do all of it simultaneously but their build/Espec options do allow all these things separately, and maybe 2-3 at once.Condi engi is the definition of complexity.Holo/condi engi have good DPS.Scrapper is high sustain and tanky.Always welcome in group content(Pinpoint Distribution).

Once again ele would be up your ally however like most said is a class that is high risk high reward. If you want a bit more hm tankyness per say maybe a engineer. they have a lot of different kits they can use to survive ranged projectiles while being power based, however wouldnt be the top dps compared to other classes. If you are looking for the end all be all class. It doesnt exist.

Archived