May I ask what is the point of a PoF Guild Hall when you need HoT to use all except 4 things within?

Almost 4 months later...Nodes, Scribe Table (just the table as the Scribe Master is locked behind HoT), Guild Bank and the Waypoints within the Guild Bank.I would say the merchant neat the Guild Banker, but seeing that NPC is the same generic NPC you see in every map, I'm not going to include it or you can say 5 things.

I could've understood when HoT was the only expansion, but to have now a PoF Guild Hall that those that don't have HoT can't even use anything in there minus a tiny bit is really stupid.Can't tell me it would take a lot of "resources" to change/fix this.Revenant was locked behind HoT and now it's either HoT or PoF, why not for Guild Hall features?Can't also tell me it's because as stated that there's no Guild Hall team... because minus the team who deals with guild halls... someone HAD to have made the PoF one. Don't know who, but they had to and had to have known that almost all of the features are locked out.

I have both so me personally it doesn't affect, but it really is stupid and should be fixed as not everyone will want both expansions.Certain HoT things should be locked behind HoT which makes sense... Guild Hall features should not be one.

Imagine someone who just got back after leaving before HoT, got back to PoF and has no interest in HoT and got PoF and now want the Guild Hall and then unlocked it and now have a team being made up......now that leader of that team can't use most of anything in there. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Almost 4 months later...Nodes, Scribe Table (just the table as the Scribe Master is locked behind HoT), Guild Bank and the Waypoints within the Guild Bank.I would say the merchant neat the Guild Banker, but seeing that NPC is the same generic NPC you see in every map, I'm not going to include it or you can say 5 things.

I could've understood when HoT was the only expansion, but to have now a PoF Guild Hall that those that don't have HoT can't even use anything in there minus a tiny bit is really stupid.Can't tell me it would take a lot of "resources" to change/fix this.Revenant was locked behind HoT and now it's either HoT or PoF, why not for Guild Hall features?Can't also tell me it's because as stated that there's no Guild Hall team... because minus the team who deals with guild halls... someone HAD to have made the PoF one. Don't know who, but they had to and had to have known that almost all of the features are locked out.

I have both so me personally it doesn't affect, but it really is stupid and should be fixed as not everyone will want both expansions.Certain HoT things should be locked behind HoT which makes sense... Guild Hall features should not be one.

Imagine someone who just got back after leaving before HoT, got back to PoF and has no interest in HoT and got PoF and now want the Guild Hall and then unlocked it and now have a team being made up......now that leader of that team can't use most of anything in there. Wonderful. Just wonderful.

Someone who left before HoT and came back and purchased Path of Fire could not claim the Windswept Haven Guild Hall, or any other Guild Hall. Guild Halls, all Guild Halls, require Heart of Thorns.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Ayumi Spender.1082" said:Almost 4 months later...Nodes, Scribe Table (just the table as the Scribe Master is locked behind HoT), Guild Bank and the Waypoints within the Guild Bank.I would say the merchant neat the Guild Banker, but seeing that NPC is the same generic NPC you see in every map, I'm not going to include it or you can say 5 things.

Someone who left before HoT and came back and purchased Path of Fire could
not
claim the Windswept Haven Guild Hall, or any other Guild Hall. Guild Halls, all Guild Halls, require Heart of Thorns.

That's even worse then. As Haven is PoF content and not HoT.

Hate to break it to you but even thought windswept haven is PoF content the hall (not the location) and everything inside it is Heart of Thorns content packaged and advertised with the expansion. It'd be a sellout to give it away with PoF too just because PoF has a hall as well. PoF only has a hall because people wanted more hall locations, but I'm sure if this is how people how are going thank them for giving them what they asked for they won't bother next time. You shouldn't have access to the content if you didn't purchase it.

@Fremtid.3528 said:Hate to break it to you but even thought windswept haven is PoF content the hall (not the location) and everything inside it is Heart of Thorns content packaged and advertised with the expansion. It'd be a sellout to give it away with PoF too just because PoF has a hall as well. PoF only has a hall because people wanted more hall locations, but I'm sure if this is how people how are going thank them for giving them what they asked for they won't bother next time. You shouldn't have access to the content if you didn't purchase it.

Revenant too.

Personally, I think too many GH features are locked behind HoT in the first place. Anyone can join a guild, anyone can enter the GH, and anyone can donate resources to the cause. Why can't Core-only players enjoy all the features that aren't specific to HoT? Why can't free players enjoy all the features that aren't gated behind a pay wall?

There are three possibilities:

• ANet intended to separate as many guild functions as possible to be HoT-only to give people another reason to buy HoT.
  • ANet didn't think about it when they decided to add Winswept Haven.
  • ANet did think about it, but found that a lot of the mechanics were tied to other things that need to remain HoT-only and they couldn't find any reasonable-cost way to change the underlying systems.

Skipping to today, reason 2 is now essentially reason 3: regardless of whether it was straightforward to get this right originally, it's a bigger deal to change today.

So regardless of why things are the way they are, I don't think it's likely we'll see a change before the third expac, if we do then. And probably only then if we also see a new GH to claim.

@Samnang.1879 said:gh, raids etc = hot functionmounts = pof functiononce ppl can identify that... it's easier

PoF only people can't do raids either?I assumed they could've done that new one with that pale lady and the flesh wurms (Don't remember her name. Only been in there once with one other person just to SEE what the new raid looked like and melted away like that mayor in the 1st X-Men movie.)

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Samnang.1879 said:gh, raids etc = hot functionmounts = pof functiononce ppl can identify that... it's easier

PoF only people can't do raids either?I assumed they could've done that new one with that pale lady and the flesh wurms (Don't remember her name. Only been in there once with one other person just to SEE what the new raid looked like and melted away like that mayor in the 1st X-Men movie.)

i don't think they can... but if PoF only ppl can raid then everything about this system is inconsistent and ANET should be called out for hypocrisy

@Samnang.1879 said:

i don't think they can... but if PoF only ppl can raid then everything about this system is inconsistent and ANET should be called out for hypocrisy

Just checked. "The Underworld" or "Hall of Chains" can be entered if you only have PoF.I must point out that if they tried with the other Raids, it will state, "This feature requires upgrading to Guild Wars: The Heart of Thorns".

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

Just checked. "The Underworld" or "Hall of Chains" can be entered if you only have PoF.I must point out that if they tried with the other Raids, it will state, "This feature requires upgrading to Guild Wars: The Heart of Thorns".

thats really f up then. anet needs to be called out for their hypocrisies and contradictions.

it's like ok Pof can access gh but cna't use anything it... then to make it consistent, they'd have to make pof only players can access hall of chains but can't fight any of the bosses.if they can access hall of chains and kill bosses, then i dont see a reason why they can't use functions in the new guild hall. call out their hypocrisy

@Samnang.1879 said:

thats really f up then. anet needs to be called out for their hypocrisies and contradictions.

it's like ok Pof can access gh but cna't use anything it... then to make it consistent, they'd have to make pof only players can access hall of chains but can't fight any of the bosses.if they can access hall of chains and kill bosses, then i dont see a reason why they can't use functions in the new guild hall. call out their hypocrisy

But that's how it was meant to be. I didn't understand that at all. I can see HoT stuff being locked behind HoT (especially stat combos like Viper and such) and stuff like Harrier or Grieving in PoF.Same would be said for the HoT raids and elite specializations with PoF and... then same with the Guild Hall.

Image of the person in the new Raid with the purchase screen for HoT opened:erX8n4T.jpg

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Why can't free players enjoy all the features that aren't gated behind a pay wall?

Because the developers need to be paid with more than just micro-transactions.The price of both expansions is currently very low. To put this into perspective - you are now able to purchase POF and HOT for less than the core game cost at launch and less than HOT cost at launch.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Why can't free players enjoy all the features that aren't gated behind a pay wall?

Because the developers need to be paid with more than just micro-transactions.The price of both expansions is currently very low. To put this into perspective - you are now able to purchase POF and HOT for
less
than the core game cost at launch and less than HOT cost at launch.

I agree that there are good reasons to gate features behind pay walls, especially for this game. I'm also saying that exact place to draw the line is arbitrary.That said, my main point is that this same line is used in a way that also locks features away from PoF owners with Windswept Haven; that seems like something worth revisiting.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:But that's how it was meant to be. I didn't understand that at all. I can see HoT stuff being locked behind HoT (especially stat combos like Viper and such) and stuff like Harrier or Grieving in PoF.Same would be said for the HoT raids and elite specializations with PoF and... then same with the Guild Hall.

Image of the person in the new Raid with the purchase screen for HoT opened:

Yeah I agree. Raid is (was?) a feature of HoT, yet PoF only customers can raid... w5? But they can't use the PoF Guild hall content. Ok. I truly don't like inconsistencies in life.

I wish everyone baked, especially anet staffs, so they know what consistency is.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Someone who left before HoT and came back and purchased Path of Fire could
not
claim the Windswept Haven Guild Hall, or any other Guild Hall. Guild Halls, all Guild Halls, require Heart of Thorns.

Which is in itself pretty questionable to begin with. I don't understand why they didn't go with a system that was alot more modular. (Not just for guild halls even. Also other features have this problem.)

I don't think anyone cares for guildhalls being specifically behind HoT. They may have been related to the story somehow at some point, but without a guild team they have basically thrown that idea away. It could've been a start to bring back guilds into Guild wars. Where Guilds follow the or a story.

I feel like, since they didn't make the system for future additions early on, it's stuck in place as a HoT thing, where the most they can do with it without reworking the system, is to just add things as it is in HoT. (ofcourse I have no idea that is how it works, I just feel like that's the case.)

Archived