what if certain boons gave condi immunities ?

jihm.2315

hi this is a lousy quick post but,lets say regen gave burn immunity retaliation gave bleed immunity quickness gave confusion immunity and so on wouldnt that be interesting?defensive play needs a buff anyway so that could be an option and give us more counterplay

I'd rather have diverse skills that apply immunity to certain conditions.

We already have movement skills that ignore movement impairing conditions, so why not a couple other moves that remove / ignore certain damaging or debilitating conditions?

That's at least what I thought for elementalist auras. It makes very little sense to burn to death from a brain damaged guardian when you have fire aura up lol.

@Razor.6392 said:I'd rather have diverse skills that apply immunity to certain conditions.

We already have movement skills that ignore movement impairing conditions, so why not a couple other moves that remove / ignore certain damaging or debilitating conditions?

That's at least what I thought for elementalist auras. It makes very little sense to burn to death from a brain damaged guardian when you have fire aura up lol.

that would be good also

That's an interesting suggestion, but condi builds would need more innate strip and frankly I think it would be to hard to balance.If this was to happen something along the lines that traded the natural defenses of condi for strip, or lack of strip but maintain survivability would be good.

I personally disagree with this idea. The more potential interactions we have between condi nullification and the damage application, the more complicated the system becomes to balance.

Tbh I even disagree with the introduction of resistance as a primary way to survive vs condi builds in the way it has lately. Pre nerf spell breaker is an extreme example of this. Basically resistance implemented in this way to some extent reinforces the design of burst condition damage, since resistance becomes less useful if conditions have longer duration and actual ramp up. This is because most specs that rely on resistance don't have significant cleanse uptime and can't prevent the ramp up if conditions are following their intended design, so after the resistance is worn out the spec will essentially eat the full dps of a condi build.

I personally think resistance should have been implemented primarily with the intention of debuff conditions like blind and weakness, and been small duration with relatively short CDs. For example let's say a warrior was fighting a d/p thief, and the thief attempts to negate the f1 skill with shadowshot. If the war is fast enough he can proc resistance fast enough to ignore the blind and secure the hit. For builds that relied on resistance to face condi heavy builds, cleanse could simply be worked in to a greater extent in these classes.

tl;dr: I personally think it would be better to stick with cleanse vs application instead of more immunities. This system is less complicated and in turn easier to balance.

@Razor.6392 said:I'd rather have diverse skills that apply immunity to certain conditions.

Guild Wars 2 Logic.

If that go on, the problem will be that a lot of classes can spam every kind of boon and have them uptime all the day long, making them barely immune to conditions. A boon share mesmer will make your team immune to conditions (if not all to a large amount of them), for example.That will increase the amount of boon remove/corrupt to compensate and also increase the amount of boon spam. But that also will kill every class/build that don't spam boons, making a lot of classes unable to play because they will suffer from all the balance needed to make conditions able to fight in fight where they would be unable to if there will be no corruption or huge spam.

increase the way you counter condition will only increase the way conditions counter you.The only way to fix conditions is to Reduce both condi counter and condi spam at the same time.

There's already traits and skills that remove specific conditions (expecially movement imparring conditions but also poison and burn), a little increase of that kind of skills/traits will not be bad. But it have to be small and maybe a way to make traitlines/traits or weapons/skills useful in PvP while they're actually bad or need a little power up to be really viable.

Archived