Weekly skirmish ticket cap

sephiroth.4217

Why is there a cap to the amount of skirmish tickets we earn each week?

I capped myself 29 tickets short of the shiny armor and now I have to wait....... (to clarify for any one looking to troll, this is not a complaint)

EDIT: Added the brackets to avoid further false accusations or thread derailment.

@Sovereign.1093 said:i dont mind the cap. because of the cap; i play again. the cap motivates me to play the game weekly. so i can gear all my characters with legendaries.

I'm with you, Sovereign. I don't mind the cap either. Personally, it gives me something to look forward to week end and week out.I love WvW, so I'm going to play it regardless - ticket cap or no cap. :smile:

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:i dont mind the cap. because of the cap; i play again. the cap motivates me to play the game weekly. so i can gear all my characters with legendaries.

Couldn't the cap be daily though?

Waiting a week kinda sucks, I'll still enjoy the game but under the rock we call sPvP lmao

Id rather not it be a daily. I can reach ticket cap by Sunday night usually, but I work 14 hour days during the week and only get maybe 2-3 hours to play during the work week, and would never get close.

@Klipso.8653 said:

Couldn't the cap be daily though?

Waiting a week kinda sucks, I'll still enjoy the game but under the rock we call sPvP lmao

Id rather not it be a daily. I can reach ticket cap by Sunday night usually, but I work 14 hour days during the week and only get maybe 2-3 hours to play during the work week, and would never get close.

I'm in the same boat, work most days and only really play during my weekends. Daily cap or a removed cap would be glorious. A daily cap would certainly bring my lazy body to a tag on a daily basis but I don't mind playing wvw for 1-2 days then doing 5 days of PvP or playing other games instead.

I enjoy WvW, but 5 years of it, 3000+ rank and it gets a bit dull. Need something to pull me in there now besides a commander who actually fights.

You will have your solution in a few days. Much faster than any change anet could make to get you those 29 tickets before reset.

That's something I wish everyone would consider before making threads like these."Do I complain about being gated for x period of time hoping anet will make the change or just keep up with the gate and get what I want before anet can even implement a change. Charged lodestones was another item people complained about that was silly. "A whole month to get celestial armor! Anet please remove gate!" Because it's easier to complain for a month rather than just charging 1 quartz a day for a month...

@"Justine.6351" said:You will have your solution in a few days. Much faster than any change anet could make to get you those 29 tickets before reset.

That's something I wish everyone would consider before making threads like these."Do I complain about being gated for x period of time hoping anet will make the change or just keep up with the gate and get what I want before anet can even implement a change. Charged lodestones was another item people complained about that was silly. "A whole month to get celestial armor! Anet please remove gate!" Because it's easier to complain for a month rather than just charging 1 quartz a day for a month...

I think you misread friend, you seem to assume that I am complaining when in fact I asked a question about why there is a cap. To speak to you as you just spoke to me, because I find people like to be spoken too the way they speak to others.....

That's something I wish everyone would consider before making responses like these, actually reading the post and not replying with silly nonsense just because it's easier to complain instead of using any reading comprehension.

You're welcome to go back and read the thread before your next response, but I do hope it has a flicker of intellect. I'm not interested in your emotions or being trolled with further accusations, it was a simple question (of which there was no answer yet) followed up with some friendly conversation.

The response from Sovereign was a valid and logically sound explanation as to why there is a cap, I won't argue it because it makes sense, it would be nice if they changed it to daily but it's not something I'm asking for because I'm quite happy playing Warframe, Left4dead2, Total annihilation, Supreme Commander, Meatboy and an array of other games during the week instead while I wait.

@Justine.6351 said:

@Justine.6351 said:You will have your solution in a few days. Much faster than any change anet could make to get you those 29 tickets before reset.

I think you misread friend, you seem to assume that I am complaining when in fact I asked a question about why there is a cap. To speak to you as you just spoke to me, because I find people like to be spoken too the way they speak to others.....

That's something I wish everyone would consider before making responses like these, actually reading the post and not replying with silly nonsense just because it's easier to complain instead of using any reading comprehension.

You're welcome to go back and read the thread before your next response, but I do hope it has a flicker of intellect. I'm not interested in your emotions or being trolled with further accusations, it was a simple question (of which there was no answer yet) followed up with some friendly conversation.

The response from Sovereign was a valid and logically sound explanation as to why there is a cap, I won't argue it because it makes sense, it would be nice if they changed it to daily but it's not something I'm asking for because I'm quite happy playing Warframe, Left4dead2, Total annihilation, Supreme Commander, Meatboy and an array of other games during the week instead while I wait.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Why is there a cap to the amount of skirmish tickets we earn each week?

I capped myself 29 tickets short of the shiny armor and now I have to wait.......

If you're trying to quote that bolded part as a complaint, I assure you it's not. You have definitely misinterpreted my friend as I was stating a fact, I have capped myself and now I have to wait, that's just the reality of the situation. As mentioned before, I'm quite happy playing other games while I wait, so no complaints here, just curious why there is a cap.

Maybe next time you can join in the conversation or ask a question to clarify so we can skip this whole nonsense ey?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Justine.6351 said:You will have your solution in a few days. Much faster than any change anet could make to get you those 29 tickets before reset.

@sephiroth.4217 said:Why is there a cap to the amount of skirmish tickets we earn each week?

I capped myself 29 tickets short of the shiny armor and now I have to wait.......

If you're trying to quote that bolded part as a complaint, I assure you it's not. You have definitely misinterpreted my friend as I was stating a fact, I have capped myself and now I have to wait, that's just the reality of the situation. As mentioned before, I'm quite happy playing other games while I wait, so no complaints here, just curious why there is a cap.

Maybe next time you can join in the conversation or ask a question to clarify so we can skip this whole nonsense ey?

You are not fooling me or anyone else with that...

@Justine.6351 said:

You are not fooling me or anyone else with that...

Obviously you're welcome to believe what ever you want but I do thank you for my updated signature.

I gave you a thumbs up :trollface:

@Offair.2563 said:The cap is there to prevent players rushing through all the content in a breeze and then come here to complain there is no content left. Anet already doubled the tickets from 175 to 350 per week though. It is as good as it is now imo.

Maybe they can double it again lmao but I had no idea it used to be so low, thankyou for posting on topic unlike some others.You and Sovereign both offered good answers as to why there is a cap.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Offair.2563 said:The cap is there to prevent players rushing through all the content in a breeze and then come here to complain there is no content left. Anet already doubled the tickets from 175 to 350 per week though. It is as good as it is now imo.

Maybe they can double it again lmao but I had no idea it used to be so low, thankyou for posting on topic unlike some others.You and Sovereign both offered good answers as to why there is a cap.Pfff, people have no reference... not only double the cap, alot more pips now as well (we get what, 50% more?). The first implemention was hard to reach diamond even once for average WvWers.

Archived