Need a little informations about the Forum Ranks aka 'STARS'

itslenh.1205

@Biff.5312 said:I didn't even notice there was such a system. I'm not sure what the usefulness is.

2-star (Member) allowed unlimited editing for posts3-star (Veteran) enabled signatures4-star (Elite)... no apparent change...

Making Member was nearly essential (and not that difficult) while making Veteran was nice. Elite status and perhaps beyond appears to be a way to determine who is contributing a substantial amount to the forums. That often infers credibility, but it doesn't guarantee it.

@Biff.5312 said:Ah - maybe this is why I can't delete posts? If I get another star maybe they'll let me. It's not a measurement I'd ever use to guage whether to listen to someone. If they make sense, they make sense.

You can't delete posts with 4 stars either. I doubt they'd ever allow us to delete our own posts because that would give too many opportunities for trolling.

Also I think that's a sensible approach. Forum ranks only really tell you how much time people spend on the forum, they don't tell you how useful or interesting or accurate their posts are.

@Neutra.6857 said:If it is three stars by having an account for 30 days why am I still only 2 stars?

There's a post count requirement too, you have to have both to get to 3 stars. I'm not sure what it is, I want to say 200 or 250 but I'm not sure where I got that from. But basically at some point as you post more you'll reach 3 stars.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Neutra.6857 said:If it is three stars by having an account for 30 days why am I still only 2 stars?

There's a post count requirement too, you have to have both to get to 3 stars. I'm not sure what it is, I want to say 200 or 250 but I'm not sure where I got that from. But basically at some point as you post more you'll reach 3 stars.

It’s a lot less than 200 - I hit three stars the other day with my 65th post. I didn’t get it straight away after posting, though, I got it after I also got a helpful and a thumbs up, which makes me think they’re involved too.

Archived