Should the ap system be removed from the game ?

MarkoNS.3261

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@"Ardid.7203" said:To make clear my opinion from before: I like the achievements. They are a good (although incomplete) guide to know what is possible to do in the game.I don't like the point count, not because the points themselves, but because people seems to become obsessed with obtaining more and more points and began to act mad when there is a cap, content is too hard/easy for the points it gives (in their opinion), or there are "injustices" in regard of getting/not getting enough points.

Why it is important if you or me or that guy have more or less points? IMO it is NOT.

I know it depends on each one: I don't give a kitten about the AP I have accumulated, and would gladly give them to whoever wants them. But I don't think anybody should "need" them. It is a false, harmful need.

Since, IMO, this point count doesn't offer anything positive to the community, I would feel better if it were removed. Leave the achievements, stop counting toxic-prone points.

yup i agree with this its like anet is conditioning players to do dailies or hunt for more ap, it should be removed.

Yet you were quite happy last week to go spend real money buying a daily gemstore item in order to hunt those AP's.

At least try to be consistent when putting up your polls

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@"Ardid.7203" said:To make clear my opinion from before: I like the achievements. They are a good (although incomplete) guide to know what is possible to do in the game.I don't like the point count, not because the points themselves, but because people seems to become obsessed with obtaining more and more points and began to act mad when there is a cap, content is too hard/easy for the points it gives (in their opinion), or there are "injustices" in regard of getting/not getting enough points.

Why it is important if you or me or that guy have more or less points? IMO it is NOT.

I know it depends on each one: I don't give a kitten about the AP I have accumulated, and would gladly give them to whoever wants them. But I don't think anybody should "need" them. It is a false, harmful need.

Since, IMO, this point count doesn't offer anything positive to the community, I would feel better if it were removed. Leave the achievements, stop counting toxic-prone points.

yup i agree with this its like anet is conditioning players to do dailies or hunt for more ap, it should be removed.

Yet you were quite happy last week to go spend real money buying a daily gemstore item in order to hunt those AP's.

At least try to be consistent when putting up your polls

hey its not like opinions can change right ? or wait ???

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

Just thought it was funny that you're against AP point count because people become obsessed, yet you have a skiritt for an avatar.

Respectfully disagree. AP aren't shiny at all. Its just a number! Boring!

@Ardid.7203 said:

@Ardid.7203 said:To make clear my opinion from before: I like the achievements. They are a good (although incomplete) guide to know what is possible to do in the game.I don't like the point count, not because the points themselves, but because people seems to become obsessed with obtaining more and more points and began to act mad when there is a cap, content is too hard/easy for the points it gives (in their opinion), or there are "injustices" in regard of getting/not getting enough points.

Just thought it was funny that you're against AP point count because people become obsessed, yet you have a skiritt for an avatar.

Respectfully disagree. AP aren't shiny at all. Its just a number! Boring!

Have you seen some of the stuff skritt collect? :lol:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:Leave it as is but stop letting us see each other's . . .

Why does that matter exactly?

I think it would result in fewer ppl complaining about it . . .

People have a problem with achievements... because people can see if they have 90billion points or -60 points?Um... and I'm the psychotic one. Okay.Where did that come from? Did you quote the wrong message by mistake . . ?

Don't think so.You said leave it as is but stop people from seeing what achievement points you have.I then asked why does it matter if someone see your achievements or not.Then you said that if people stop seeing how much achievement points have, then we might have fewer people complaining about it. I would assume it being the achievements being in the game.

All I was saying is that people usually call me the psychotic "opposite of a kitten", yet people complaining about a little number next to their name/friendlist is why they want the achievements gone?

I think that is really silly/weird and like I said, I'm considered the psychotic one.

I really don't get why it should matter if someone has 1 point or 1,000,000 points for achievements next to their name. Some achievements yes just come form doing normal things, but many of those don't give much either.So why would anyone care if let's say Keith has only 1,234 achievements to his name and Kenchi has 2,345 and then Jackson have 10,987?I really don't think anyone like let's say on Microsoft is measuring "something that might turn into kitten even though it's 5 letters with 3 Es in it" in GW2.

Skins I can understand while I don't go by skins to show off and go by skins I like/care for.Infusions I can understand.Legendaries are pretty much skins. Same for armour and everything else.But to want achievements gone because someone can SEE your achievement number is... I don't understand. That does not compute with my brain at all.

KK it seemed like a really strange reaction but you're saying it's just a personal issue you have that you projected onto my post so that makes more sense :)

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:Leave it as is but stop letting us see each other's . . .

Why does that matter exactly?

I think it would result in fewer ppl complaining about it . . .

People have a problem with achievements... because people can see if they have 90billion points or -60 points?Um... and I'm the psychotic one. Okay.Where did that come from? Did you quote the wrong message by mistake . . ?

Don't think so.You said leave it as is but stop people from seeing what achievement points you have.I then asked why does it matter if someone see your achievements or not.Then you said that if people stop seeing how much achievement points have, then we might have fewer people complaining about it. I would assume it being the achievements being in the game.

All I was saying is that people usually call me the psychotic "opposite of a kitten", yet people complaining about a little number next to their name/friendlist is why they want the achievements gone?

I think that is really silly/weird and like I said, I'm considered the psychotic one.

I really don't get why it should matter if someone has 1 point or 1,000,000 points for achievements next to their name. Some achievements yes just come form doing normal things, but many of those don't give much either.So why would anyone care if let's say Keith has only 1,234 achievements to his name and Kenchi has 2,345 and then Jackson have 10,987?I really don't think anyone like let's say on Microsoft is measuring "something that might turn into kitten even though it's 5 letters with 3 Es in it" in GW2.

Skins I can understand while I don't go by skins to show off and go by skins I like/care for.Infusions I can understand.Legendaries are pretty much skins. Same for armour and everything else.But to want achievements gone because someone can SEE your achievement number is... I don't understand. That does not compute with my brain at all.

KK it seemed like a really strange reaction but you're saying it's just a personal issue you have that you projected onto my post so that makes more sense :)

Oh it wasn't to you. Just the idea I don't understand on if people have a problem people seeing numbers.Wasn't directly to "are you insane? Hold still while I call an ambulance to take you away" situation.

I read three pages of comments, but I fail to grasp any argument in favor of its removal thats more than “I dont like achievements” or “I dont want others to see”.The second I can get behind, and its as easy to fix as having no titl3.But the first argument? You dont think its fun, and therefore no one else should be allowed to gave fun? I dont understand the nature of that argument at all. How do avhievements hurt you if you yourself don’t hunt them?Or is this about the rewards? You want all the skins but feel like you should be able to get them within the first 5k AP?

My obsessive days for AP are long behind me, collecting them in general has lost much of its magic after I reached the daily AP cap some months ago. Although I have to admit that I never had the desire to make every AP available, some are just stupid or beyond the reach of my abilities. Reaching the daily AP cap suggest to me personally that it is time to move on, and I don´t like it when a game tells me to move on.

Regarding the validity of chopping wood for an AP, maybe you should take a look at some of the available uncapped AP and tell me how they are not easy, mundane or stupid. Witerdsay gave you AP for drinking and delivery services. Kill 5K creatures with the sword does itself by just playing the game. You can afk your way to some wvw achievments, and you can fail your way through pvp achievments. and that is very good because elsewise GW2 would be a deserted wasteland with some elitists who only accept total victory or total defeat. There are not only succesful winners types of people who are bold and beautiful so to say, I hope more people will realize that in the future.

I do not think there is anything fundamentally flawed with the AP system. If you don't want to log in to do dailies and hit the 15k AP cap, then don't. Likewise, stop being so upset that you can no longer obtain the LW1 AP. You sound like you care about AP but are too lazy to grind for it, and so want to abolish the system all together. That's not how gaming works.

If we're talking about whether or not to remove the AP system from the game, it is kind of irrelevant if you love, hate, or don't care about the AP system. The real question here is, "would removing the AP system add any value to the game or player experience?" I can't think of any value removing it would bring, outside of addressing the OP's achievement point envy.

Archived