After a look at Stronghold

Genoshock.2104

Hello,

To make this game mode playable - because I saw a few problems.

A) It's too complicated without Discord.B) It's rather stupid having to go between lanes to attack and defend when you are 5.C) It all ends in a rush for the lord! No skill...

So to fix this:

A) Have nodes that you can stand on to cap that summon, archers, and breakers.B) Archers and breakers can break through the front gate.C) Whereas the whole team can break through the back gate, similar to Legacy.D) Have a node at the start for each team, which summons 5 archers 5 door breakers if you cap it all together.E) Similar to a GvG map, from GW1 but without flags, and with doorbreakers instead.The back way has much more defence than the front way..

The node if you cap it, alone gives you 1 archer 1 door breaker

Encourage a 5v5 fight at the start!

Have a mist champ too, which you can control! Because the system atm is a bit useless in this regard because he either just dies or there is a rush!

If you could control the mist champ, you could take him into the 5v5 fight!

In this case one player from the team without a mist champ would go to the back gate and try to destroy it and gain an advantage there.

From my experience of gaming, it is all about gaining an advantage, in anyway possible even if you are losing!

Honestly...when it came out the first time for it's beta test W-E before the release of HoT...Not only before & after release i managed to complete it in record time. 2 min flat. & i know, others has done the same. Was a good intention but it left a lot of after bad taste. & we said it. & they dint listen before release. Like if it would grow on us if we give it time. If it's not good at first, it' sure will not be good after. & now it's a dead map that use to be use as an exploit to farm rewards till they took it out of rank. That's one map i don't want work at.

Honestly I think they should remove the entire supply mechanic. Just have Doorbreakers and Archers summoned on 30 second intervals, and have the current supply area be converted into a crossing point for the lanes. This would force a midfight which you would have to win to be able to proceed.Second thing, have the guards respawn after 2 minutes of getting killed, and make the gates repairable. Would bring a lot more depth to defending, and make the map less likely to snowball in the attackers favor. The repair could be just a channel you do outside the gate, giving the door 5% health back every 2 seconds, and would need a minimum of 50% health to respawn after being destroyed.Third thing, give the lord 25% damage reduction per add in the room, this way you would need to kill atleast 1 add to be able to damage him, and every killed add would make him more vulnerable. You could still CC him, but he would just take 0 damage from both power and condi. These adds wouldn't respawn after being killed.

After 3 years of stronghold play. (quite hardcore ranked play after season 6). I can tell you there are ups n downs but for 90% of the games it still beats the hell out of circle dancing conquest. I've had games where iv'e won in 2 minutes or lost in 2. I've beaten 5 man premade teams with just 4 random pugs. Stronghold is fine where it is at. If anything those changes would be good for a new map of stronghold.

Don't ruin the only map that is worth playing in pvp these days. I love my uphill fights because it's more fun. The only issue in this game is heal bot eles or heal bot guards that have only one lifes purpose and that is to keep the rats alive. Still most of the time it doesn't work out well for them haha.

As a stronghold vet i say leave it be so we can keep enjoying it. Make a new map if you want changes.

So... let me get this straight. You want to turn stronghold into a new foefire with nodes? I'm all for making stronghold better bud and I appreciate that you came up with ideas for it to happen, but by putting nodes on stronghold you will only create a new conquest type match. Nodes which scourges can spam their aoes all day long, firebrands/druids/spellbreakers can bunker it to death, and all the other same problems we have with conquest.

Stronghold is a good game mode, but it needs a lot of polishing from anet for players to like it. Polishing that anet doesn't seem willing to do as we can see, but it's great to see that people can still come up with ideas.

TL;DR Anything but nodes in stronghold please... lol

Archived