Excessive messaging.

mauried.5608

Anyone knows what what this actually means , ie how many messages are excessive.Was trying the Loreclaw JP earlier today as part of the daily, and as Im not all that good at JPs I died quite a few times, and kind ppl ressed me to which I normally reply ty or tnx.But after about my 6th death I started getting the message , this feature has been disabled due to excessive messaging.And so I coudnt thank anyone any more.How is excessive messaging defined?

It's just an anti-spam feature, so if you change the message slightly you're fine. Throw in a 'thx' with all the 'ty' and you're good. I run into this a lot bc I tend to end all my messages with '. . .', so I have to throw in a smilie every once in a while :p

This is to prevent spamming.Specifically to prevent gold seller spam.Gold selling is part of a plague on MMO's. It is run by criminal organisations. Basically they hack accounts of existing players or get accounts with stolen credit card info. The account is then used for tasks like farming (botting), storage of gold, sending gold to buyers and obviously advertising their services in game.

I would strongly advice people not to use any of these 'services'. They often target their own buyers to hack (as they are criminals). It is also against the user agreement. So you either get hacked by them, or banned by arenanet (or both in that order).

There are reports that one source of this plague is the North Korean government to get money across the blockade.

So knowing about that plague and having seen the issue with gold sellers, I think it is good to have this measure in place.

As for when it triggers.When it comes to mail this is known. It happens after two mails.For chat this is different. The exact rules are unknown and likely subject to change as the issue varies. It seems that some channels are more sensitive to it then others. It also depends a lot on the location you are at.

Archived