Missing Gems

My son bought me some gems for a Christmas gift and gave me the code to redeem in the game. I did so and the gems did appear on the gem store for a while. However today on logging into the game the gems have all disappeared. I've not bought anything and my games history window can confirm this.

Where did my gems go and how can I get them back??

I would suggest contacting support about this (top of this page). We can only speculate. To do so, it might be that the payment for the gems never reached Arenanet and thats why the gems are withdrawn.

So contact them about the reason. If your son does not want to share the payment info with you (as it was a gift). It is also possible to forward the mail with the confirmation of the ticket to your son, he can then reply directly to support with the payment info (e.g. the reciept).

@Mina Shi.9735 said:I doubt, that this is the solution. It's the same for me and my husband. We both suddently have zero gems. It's different accounts and different credit cards. I just spent a hundred bugs and really would like to get my gems back.

It can be off course that they have a bug in the system. It might even have to do with some pre-work for the maintanance planned for tomorrow. But before a supportteam can handle it as a bug they need to investigate individual cases. As that requires also sharing some personal data like payment info, contacting the supportteam is the best thing to do.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I would suggest contacting support about this (top of this page). We can only speculate. To do so, it might be that the payment for the gems never reached Arenanet and thats why the gems are withdrawn.

So contact them about the reason. If your son does not want to share the payment info with you (as it was a gift). It is also possible to forward the mail with the confirmation of the ticket to your son, he can then reply directly to support with the payment info (e.g. the reciept).

The Payment CS Team will discuss issues only with the account owner. Do not forward any tickets to another person. You would do best to ask the purchaser for the confirmation number. It's not like the amount is a secret. Also, be aware that if the Gem Card was not purchased from an Authorized Retailer, your son may need to deal with the establishment he purchased from.

Good luck.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I would suggest contacting support about this (top of this page). We can only speculate. To do so, it might be that the payment for the gems never reached Arenanet and thats why the gems are withdrawn.

The Payment CS Team will discuss issues
only
with the account owner. Do not forward any tickets to another person. You would do best to ask the purchaser for the confirmation number. It's not like the amount is a secret. Also, be aware that if the Gem Card was not purchased from an Authorized Retailer, your son may need to deal with the establishment he purchased from.

Good luck.

Talk and discuss yes, accepting information of a third person who bought it is a different thing.

Archived