What do YOU want out of the upcoming class balance patch?

Riba.3271

@Kirnale.5914 said:

@Kirnale.5914 said:Nerf warrior's autosustain

So... that one trait that gives 4s of immunity to physical damage every 60s (or 2s in pvp), and that other trait that gives 5s of pulsing stab every 40s? Because those are the only two autosustains, and including the stab trait is generous.

Healing signet is also part of autosustain.

Fair point. You find Healing Signet to be overpowered? It's been a few years since I've heard that complaint.

@Svarty.8019 said:

So... that one trait that gives 4s of immunity to physical damage every 60s (or 2s in pvp), and that other trait that gives 5s of pulsing stab every 40s? Because those are the only two autosustains, and including the stab trait is generous.

Most fights are over in under 4s.

So you're upset that an autoproc makes you wait an extra 4s? I'm not really clear what you're getting at.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Choppy.4183 said:

Fair point. You find Healing Signet to be overpowered? It's been a few years since I've heard that complaint.

So you're upset that an autoproc makes you wait an extra 4s? I'm not really clear what you're getting at.

Nah I find the whole sustaincombo to be powerful. Healsignet will still heal you while you are blocking, in endure pain, kiting, evading and dodging. People haven't complained because of one shot builds. Make the game more like in the past, then the complains will come back. That said, it is the whole package of sustain. Autosustain is too good and does not require any reaction to stronger bursts. It also makes you able to play with full zerker. Image full zerker scourge. Dead in 1 s.

To curb the escape power of blinks and shadowsteps, the Daredevil Dash debuff is applied if your blink or shadowstep destination has no enemy players nearby. NPC's do not count as players, so this also applies to Guardian JI to random mobs for escapes (minus Merciful Intervention which is a supportive ability). WvW only change (spvp uses capture points and does not need this, PvE doesn't need it either). This penalty duration is doubled if you are Stealthed (8 seconds instead of 4).

Firebrand nerfed on all levels of healing and boon output. Sanctuary is now an Elite Consecration with a 180 second cooldown. Radius doubled. Destroys all Enemy Circle effects in its area, destroys projectiles, but no longer knocksback enemies. Hallowed Ground follows the Guardian.

Scourge and Necro: Core Necro shroud skills are ALL ranged (either ground or targetted like Shroud 2). All skills boosted in Power Damage, Shroud 4 gains a bleed.Either :Unique trait effects based on elite spec. Dhuumfire has reduced duration based on ease of application. (Scourge 2 seconds, Reaper 3 seconds, Core necro 5 seconds).Path of Corruption corrupts a different number of boons per elite spec. (Scourge corrupts 1, Reaper corrupts 2, Core Necro corrupts 3).~OR~1/2 cast times on all scourge shade skills, but cooldowns reduced by half (yes, including desert shroud).

Deadeye: Boosted pick utility. Projectiles (including Pistol) will ignore enemies (but not reflects/projectile destruction) if they haven't hit the Marked Target yet. All skills gain "piercing" only to the Marked Target. Example Explanation: Rifle 1 doesn't pierce by default. The projectile will strike the first enemy in their path like normal, but since it hasn't hit the mark, it will keep going until it expires or strikes the marked target (doing 1 hit). Rifle 2 pierces 5, so it could hit 5 enemies, plus the marked target. If all hits are used up, the projectile will ignore all enemies (doing no damage or effects) and will only try to hit the marked target. Damage reduced on Rifle 3 Standing, Rifle 3 Crouching grants 1 Malice if all 3 shots strike an Immobolized or Knocked Down target (use venom, the cantrip, or Rifle 2 to setup). Rifle 4 Crouching (DJ) can no longer 1 shot enemies, but if it would, it sets their health to 1, sets Deadeye's Mark to a 5 second cooldown, and applies Judgement for 5 seconds, which pulses immobolize, daze, and -66% healing. Any subsequent DJ's do 0 damage to targets with Judgement, but extends the debuff and resets the targets health to 1.

Soulbeast Stances have no duration penalty when shared. Druid gains more Outgoing Healing modifiers so they can heal their team better without boosting their own sustain too much.

Warrior Shouts reworked to be support only, but can be traited to spend adrenaline to gain Offensive effects, boosting Warrior effectiveness in groups without over-relying on Winds. Winds of Disenchantment no longer removes boons, burst skills remove boons per hit instead forcing the warrior to apply offensive pressure to remove boons. Berserker Mode delays all damage and healing to the end of Berserker Mode, becoming a real juggernaut. The trait Dead or Alive now works if you would die when you end Berserker Mode. Gunflame aoe radius and damage increased (damage to main target stays the same). Healing Signet and Adrenal Health base healing down, healing power scaling up.

Revenant: Weapon skills do not cost energy and use only cooldowns. Utility skill energy costs up accordingly.

Engineer: Traited Rocket Boots applies Exhaustion if you are Stealth or recently Elixir S'd. The escape power from these 2 skills together is incredibly powerful.

Ele: Glyph of Storms creates a combo field and does more Power Damage. Arcane Blast projectile speed lowered. Fresh Air reduces the damage of Arcane Skills or attacks boosted by Arcane Power. The burst from 2000 ferocity weaver is a little silly (almost unreactable).

Mesmer: Greatsword Shatter burst needs to go.

@"Kiroshima.8497" said:

Deadeye: Boosted pick utility. Projectiles (including Pistol) will ignore enemies (but not reflects/projectile destruction) if they haven't hit the Marked Target yet. All skills gain "piercing" only to the Marked Target. Example Explanation: Rifle 1 doesn't pierce by default. The projectile will strike the first enemy in their path like normal, but since it hasn't hit the mark, it will keep going until it expires or strikes the marked target (doing 1 hit). Rifle 2 pierces 5, so it could hit 5 enemies, plus the marked target. If all hits are used up, the projectile will ignore all enemies (doing no damage or effects) and will only try to hit the marked target. Damage reduced on Rifle 3 Standing, Rifle 3 Crouching grants 1 Malice if all 3 shots strike an Immobolized or Knocked Down target (use venom, the cantrip, or Rifle 2 to setup). Rifle 4 Crouching (DJ) can no longer 1 shot enemies, but if it would, it sets their health to 1, sets Deadeye's Mark to a 5 second cooldown, and applies Judgement for 5 seconds, which pulses immobolize, daze, and -66% healing. Any subsequent DJ's do 0 damage to targets with Judgement, but extends the debuff and resets the targets health to 1.

hm...that pierce is interesting. encourages you to target the support hiding in back so you can pierce....

but 1 issue is that its entirely dependent on the mark. and if the mark dissapears, or runs off (WvW they stealth, or run. Fractals they teleport off. or pve in general they become invulnerable ect) then its....eh, cause htats a 23-30 secound cooldown you'll have to wait for. specially in WvW where theres so many enemies its next to impossible to keep targeted on 1 person.

maybe make it so it pierces like normal.but if it hits a marked target, it loses pierce and instead grants 1 int, or does bonus dmg, or has bonus crit chance. etc

@Kirnale.5914 said:For WvW:Nerf all one shot buildsNerf the kitten out of disengaging and running away abilities from all classesNerf the perfect survival rotation from rangers, who can also dish out a tons of dmg at the same timeNerf stealthNerf all passive defense abilities from all classes

I agree with all your suggested changes, but these ones the most. Dueling/roaming fights have turned into whoever can disengage, heal, and re-enter the fastest. It's boring and requires no skill. OH and don't get me started on invulnerabilities, their traits, and the one shot builds.

@Choppy.4183 said:

I'll spell it out for you. 4s is enough to completely negate an entire rotation.

@Kirnale.5914 said:

Nah I find the whole sustaincombo to be powerful. Healsignet will still heal you while you are blocking, in endure pain, kiting, evading and dodging. People haven't complained because of one shot builds. Make the game more like in the past, then the complains will come back. That said, it is the whole package of sustain. Autosustain is too good and does not require any reaction to stronger bursts. It also makes you able to play with full zerker. Image full zerker scourge. Dead in 1 s.

I see (don't entirely agree, but I get it). Fwiw, warriors pull far more healing from Adrenal Health, which requires them to land their bursts (3 bursts or FCs in the case of Spellbreakers or Berserkers) every 15s to maintain. Deny them landing their bursts by dodging, blinding, evading, blocking, etc., and you'll kill their sustain. Throw poison on top of that, and you'll cut them by another third.

If you look at the healing per second from just Healing Signet, it's not remotely in the realm of overpoweredness.

@Svarty.8019 said:

I'll spell it out for you. 4s is enough to completely negate an entire rotation.

Let me let you in on a little secret that (I assume) just about everyone with more than a month of playtime knows: pause your "rotation" when your target stops taking damage. Invulns have been part of the game since launch, and an invuln on one type of damage is hardly overpowered.

@Choppy.4183 said:

Although it's not quite auto since you have to use abilities, there is also the heal from using the adrenaline bar which is something warrior has to do anyway. Healing signet plus the adrenaline heal + shield block + the ability to kite with greatsword is what makes that healing effective and gives them great sustain.

Since Mirage and Weaver builds are 1-4 in PvE you could expect nerfs for them. Scourge is lowest DPS class in PvE, you might get a boost.

Problems with Scourge in PvP will not affect WvW because WvW uses PvE skills.

WvW is PvE, not PvP. With the sole exception of Epidemic, Anet doesn't even mention WvW in skill balance updates.

I wish they made areas in POF where player killing was allowed I want to hunt players on the bounty boards ,, with safe areas at all the lil camps through the map

I love how GW2 has WVW but hate how they don't care about it as a game mode ,,,, to be honest WVW was a big selling point for me when this game first came out

some core weapon sets utilities and builds are suffering from power creep

I try to put things as exactly as possible: 1/2

These are pureley WvW changes.

Spellbreaker:

1. Enchantment Collaps 0,5 sec internal Cooldown;
  2. Loss Aversion: only +1 Adrenaline
  3. Cleansing Ire: +1 Condition removed

Scourge:

1. Trailblazer Equip: Make Vitality instead of Toughness Main Stat
  2. Nefarious Favor: +2 sec CD +1-2 Conditions Converted (if wanted also possible is +7 cd and 5 conditions converted
  3. Manisfest Sand Shade: Take away the Torment

Somewhat kittened up my formatting:2/2

Firebrand:

1. Mantras: give it a 600 range and remove the cone.
  2. Overwhelming Celerity: 10 sec Quickness on last cast.
  3. Weighty of Terms: The last Charge of the Mantra gets an additional effect:
    • Mantra of Potence: Now also granting 5-10 sec Fury
    • Mantra of Flame: Burning deals 10% more damage for the next 10 seconds.
    • Mantra of Truth: Corrupting 2-3 Conditions
    • Mantra of Lore: allies receive 30 % less damage from conditions for 10 seconds (non removable boon)
    • Mantra of Liberation: Now also granting 10 sec. of Protection
  4. Line of Warding: remove light field and +5-10 sec CD
  5. Loremaster: reduce the reduced recharge of the tome abilities to 25 % or 20%6.Chapter 4: Scourged aftermath: Remove the bleeding.7.Chapter 4: Shining River: Remove the Swiftness
  6. Chapter 2: Daring Challenge: Make it a daze with at least 350 range.

Revenant:(Maybe reduce power scaling on hammer)

1. Roling Mist: Effectiveness increased by 50% only.
  2. Coalescence of Ruin: CD up to 10 seconds,
  3. Renewing wave: increase healing by 20 %
  4. Punishing Sweep: Rework. Make it a whirl dazing foes around.

Soulbeast

1. Leader of the Pack: Increase Range to 450-600, Keep full Duration of the Stance for allies but share no boons of the stance.
  2. Second Skin: now effecting 5 People. reduce effectiveness to 20%

Read some of this, just want to retort about the warrior complaints.

Warrior can't do anything without stances, so its really hilarious you want them trimmed. I don't even take auto EP. I rather take the extra power from the other trait. Reason being? It literally never works properly. Also automatic abilities suck in general, what use is 4 seconds when you can't time it?

Don't even get me started on WoD. One boon per second too much? One second is a lifetime in WvW...

@Choppy.4183 said:

I see (don't entirely agree, but I get it). Fwiw, warriors pull far more healing from Adrenal Health, which requires them to land their bursts (3 bursts or FCs in the case of Spellbreakers or Berserkers) every 15s to maintain. Deny them landing their bursts by dodging, blinding, evading, blocking, etc., and you'll kill their sustain. Throw poison on top of that, and you'll cut them by another third.

If you look at the healing per second from just Healing Signet, it's not remotely in the realm of overpoweredness.

Let me let you in on a little secret that (I assume) just about everyone with more than a month of playtime knows: pause your "rotation" when your target stops taking damage. Invulns have been part of the game since launch, and an invuln on one type of damage is hardly overpowered.

The reason I said autosustain and not sustain in general is because I don't care if the warrior can heal himself up as long as he has to work for it. Another issue is that they can stack autosustain along with their active sustain, add sigil of draining (no ICD!!) and you have a whole healpackage. So if I had to choose which one to nerf, then it's obviously the passive ones. Like you said, the passive ones aren't as strong as the active ones. That's why a nerf there would be more fair towards the warrior (especially if they remove all cheese builds I mentioned) and would not entirely destroy his sustain.

As far as the healing signet goes, I still think that an active healing skill should heal more than passive heal, especially since you don't waste time casting it and you can't be interrupted, and the healing works while you do everything else. As things stands now, the healing signet heals you for 382 hp per second. In 20s you have 7640 HP back and in 30s you have 11460 HP back (25s would be 9550HP).To the limit heals you for 9,1k with 30s CD. While it does give you endurance and adrenaline, the trade off isn't really good, as uninterruptable autoheal does not only heal more, they also waste less time.Mending heals you for 6250 HP with 20s CD and removes three condis. Condis aren't a issue for warriors, so it's useless. The heal is also less than the average 7640 Hp from autoheal and waste casting time on top of it.Defiant stance only works when you are getting into a large damage pool. Not good for roaming.Blood Reckoning is plain bad, especially when it requires you to dish out as much dmg as possible.Nature healing heals for 11670 HP with 25s CD, which removes your boon and condis. It heals a bit more than healing signet, but it also removes your boon. And same for mending, condis aren't a problem. It also have a long casting time. The trade off is yet again, not good, compared to healing signet.

Some example of healing signet stacking:Endure pain lasts for 4s = 1528 HP back. 2x Endure pain 8s = 3056 HP. 2x dodge = 2s~ = 764~. Shield stance 3s = 1146s. Total: 4966HP healed. Just from healing signet, not even other sources.Add evade, CCing enemy (time you won't get damaged), kiting, damage pressure (so enemy goes defensive aka heal/runaway = no damage received for warrior), additional heal with signet and traits, and you have a huge package of sustain.

In short:So healing signet outclasses other healing skills, because it can't be interrupted, you don't have to cancel your bursts for heal, it heals roughly the same hp over time, and can be actived if required. It stacks well with other active sustain, be it with heal, invul, evade, dodge, and kiting. For so many advantages, you don't have to do anything for it.

My nerf call was partly for healing signet, at the same time all other auto-activation sustain skills (not only on warrior though). Remember, nerf isn't the same as removing/destroying (at least in my sense, not anet's sense).

Sry for long text spam. And you don't have to agree, I respect your opinion, but I had to explain myself too so excuse me.

@Kirnale.5914 said:

The reason I said autosustain and not sustain in general is because I don't care if the warrior can heal himself up as long as he has to work for it. Another issue is that they can stack autosustain along with their active sustain, add sigil of draining (no ICD!!) and you have a whole healpackage. So if I had to choose which one to nerf, then it's obviously the passive ones. Like you said, the passive ones aren't as strong as the active ones. That's why a nerf there would be more fair towards the warrior (especially if they remove all cheese builds I mentioned) and would not entirely destroy his sustain.

As far as the healing signet goes, I still think that an active healing skill should heal more than passive heal, especially since you don't waste time casting it and you can't be interrupted, and the healing works while you do everything else. As things stands now, the healing signet heals you for 382 hp per second. In 20s you have 7640 HP back and in 30s you have 11460 HP back (25s would be 9550HP).To the limit heals you for 9,1k with 30s CD. While it does give you endurance and adrenaline, the trade off isn't really good, as uninterruptable autoheal does not only heal more, they also waste less time.Mending heals you for 6250 HP with 20s CD and removes three condis. Condis aren't a issue for warriors, so it's useless. The heal is also less than the average 7640 Hp from autoheal and waste casting time on top of it.Defiant stance only works when you are getting into a large damage pool. Not good for roaming.Blood Reckoning is plain bad, especially when it requires you to dish out as much dmg as possible.Nature healing heals for 11670 HP with 25s CD, which removes your boon and condis. It heals a bit more than healing signet, but it also removes your boon. And same for mending, condis aren't a problem. It also have a long casting time. The trade off is yet again, not good, compared to healing signet.

Some example of healing signet stacking:Endure pain lasts for 4s = 1528 HP back. 2x Endure pain 8s = 3056 HP. 2x dodge = 2s~ = 764~. Shield stance 3s = 1146s. Total: 6494 HP healed. Just from healing signet, not even other sources.Add evade, CCing enemy (time you won't get damaged), kiting, damage pressure (so enemy goes defensive aka heal/runaway = no damage received for warrior), additional heal with signet and traits, and you have a huge package of sustain.

In short:So healing signet outclasses other healing skills, because it can't be interrupted, you don't have to cancel your bursts for heal, it heals roughly the same hp over time, and can be actived if required. It stacks well with other active sustain, be it with heal, invul, evade, dodge, and kiting. For so many advantages, you don't have to do anything for it.

My nerf call was partly for healing signet, at the same time all other auto-activation sustain skills (not only on warrior though). Remember, nerf isn't the same as removing/destroying (at least in my sense, not anet's sense).

Sry for long text spam. And you don't have to agree, I respect your opinion, but I had to explain myself too so excuse me.

Just an FYI if you can't attack (knocked down, stun, daze, dodging (I think dodging does it too, can't remember I'm not able to log in atm to check) etc your heal sig isn't healing).

@Sasajoe.1509 said:I want thief (daredevil) mobility & endless evades nerfed in wvw so finally other classes could finally be more viable at roaming.

Pretty sure they already did that on the Sep 22nd Balance Patch, where they added all the Pvp only Endurance nerfs to WvW, and when they nerfed Unhindered Combatant, there is no longer a Perma Evade Thief, now it’s just l2p issues, before those nerfs there were Perma Evade capable Thieves but that was over 3 months ago since that was possible.

Archived