What do YOU want out of the upcoming class balance patch?

Riba.3271

@Kirnale.5914 said:It also makes you able to play with full zerker. Image full zerker scourge. Dead in 1 s.

This. By far the WORST part of Warrior and its specs is that they have WAY too much defense. I get that the defense line is about defense but giving out WAY too much free toughness isnt a good idea for a class that can hit 20k health and 2.5k Amour while STILL being full Zerk in gear. There is NO other class that could be full zerk and still have all the defense and bunker that Warrior has. Able to run through blobs and zergs while blocking or being totally immune to damage and everything, having the mobility to escape pretty much anyone.

A few things i would consider:

1) Healing Signet and Adrenal Health. Nerf the base healing. Increase healing gained via Healing Power.2) Thick Skin. Changed from being ABOVE 75% Health to below 25% Health3) Defy Pain. Changed from 50% health to 25% Health

Damage wise, they do need a hit as well, when you have like 2k toughness (me) and STILL get hit for 3k+ auto attacks every half a second is kinda annoying. They really do need damage reductions across the board, because currently with all the built in, easy defense they have they just shouldnt be doing as much damage as they currently do.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Kirnale.5914 said:It also makes you able to play with full zerker. Image full zerker scourge. Dead in 1 s.

This. By far the WORST part of Warrior and its specs is that they have WAY too much defense. I get that the defense line is about defense but giving out WAY too much free toughness isnt a good idea for a class that can hit 20k health and 2.5k Amour while STILL being full Zerk in gear. There is NO other class that could be full zerk and still have all the defense and bunker that Warrior has. Able to run through blobs and zergs while blocking or being totally immune to damage and everything, having the mobility to escape pretty much anyone.

1) Healing Signet and Adrenal Health. Nerf the base healing. Increase healing gained via Healing Power.2) Thick Skin. Changed from being ABOVE 75% Health to below 25% Health3) Defy Pain. Changed from 50% health to 25% Health

Damage wise, they do need a hit as well, when you have like 2k toughness (me) and STILL get hit for 3k+ auto attacks every half a second is kinda annoying. They really do need damage reductions across the board, because currently with all the built in, easy defense they have they just shouldnt be doing as much damage as they currently do.

So cut the healing, cut the toughness, cut the defense, cut the mobility, and cut the damage to bring them in line with... skritt?

If you want to see where the real balance issues come from.
Anet needs to lock everyone out of the actual traits for about 2-3 weeks, but still let us choose which elite spec we have (no traits though, just weapons and utility skills from the specs). This will show whether the weapon and utility skills are balanced.Then unlock only the traits that don't have an auto-prok and see what happens to balance. auto-prok traitsThen rework all the traits that have more then one action associated with them and remove the auto-prok'ing traits.

Here is an example of a trait that has to much included and what could be done.Example of existing:Warrior trait - Minor Grandmaster in Defense called, spiked armor. This is what is does. Gain retaliation when you block or are struck by a critical hit. Retaliation gives you bonus toughness. There could be 3 traits just out of this one trait.
Example of rework:1) Major Master in Defense - Gain retaliation when you block.2) Major Master in Defense - Gain retaliation when you are struck by a critical hit3) Major Grandmaster in Defense - Retaliation gives you bonus (+???) toughness (this would need to be moved to another trait line so it could play off of trait 1 or 2, not both)then move minor traits and just let you pick between 4 adept, 4 master and 4 grandmaster or leave the adept, major and grandmaster and add a choosable minor trait line to pick from.

Traits should add flavor to your actions and not dmg% to overall or weapons. we have enough boon spam to cover dmg increases

@Choppy.4183 said:

So cut the healing, cut the toughness, cut the defense, cut the mobility, and cut the damage to bring them in line with... skritt?

SKRITT I'm hit!!! Warrior just recently took a HUGE nerf to its defenses in the November mini patch.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@"Kirnale.5914" said:It also makes you able to play with full zerker. Image full zerker scourge. Dead in 1 s.

SKRITT I'm hit!!! Warrior just recently took a HUGE nerf to its defenses in the November mini patch.

It wasn't "HUGE" at all because fighting them and playing 1, I have not noticed a damn difference.

@Choppy.4183 said:So cut the healing, cut the toughness, cut the defense, cut the mobility, and cut the damage to bring them in line with... skritt?

Mmmm, did you not see the part about making it so if they want healing they should get HEALING POWER? Most classes that want healing, they get Healing Power. Well, unless you're a warrior. You pick these traits and then thats it. You're golden. Just like how they dont have to worry about Vitality or toughness because its all given to them far too easily.

It is also NOT cutting it, its changing it. Its still there. They just dont start the fight with 20k health and like 2.5k Amour. Your defense should get betetr as you get weaker. Not start of the best and stay the best because it starts off too strong.

I mean i am going to take a WILD guess and say you're a Warrior but a class SHOULDNT exist in the way that Warrior does. It has too much of everything (except conditions. Thankfully) What other class can have 20k health, 2.5k armour when FULLY geared for Zerk? What other class as FULL Zerk can go through a zerg and live? There is NO doubt thst Warrior needs just as much of a tone down as some of the broken Condition builds.

I mean sure, the game would lose some Warriors - because why play a class that you have played for so long that is build reliant rather than skill reliant, they would all flock to the next best thing.

@"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:SKRITT I'm hit!!! Warrior just recently took a HUGE nerf to its defenses in the November mini patch.

Please put away your biasness for just a few seconds. It was BARELY a nerf at all. Warrior have been broken for a LONG time. The problem is, too many people that just flat out arent good at the game are 100% reliant on the build rather than skill to win as a Warrior, so they KNOW that if the class was actually to EVER become skill based I.E - being Full Zerk and risking dying like EVERY other class. They wouldnt stand a chance at doing well with Warrior.

The "HUGE" Nerf you are talking about, basically was needed for Condi builds to EVER stand a chance against you. Being immune for HUGE parts of a fight because you press a single button. Totally skill based that was. Much needed change and The Balanced Stance change. Yeah totally another "HUGE" Nerf.

Someone worried that the class might some day (though unlikely...) actually require skill to play?

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:It wasn't "HUGE" at all because fighting them and playing 1, I have not noticed a kitten difference.

@Cyczer.7834 said:This honestly doesnt change the fact that warriors are still running full berserker and still be an essential part of wvw with bubbles and cleave power. So what changed?

Nothing changed. They are still insanely overly strong both offense and defense when it comes to WvW in every part. Roaming, Groups and Zergs. The problem is. Too many are reliant on just how poorly balanced it is that they know if it were to ever require ANY amount of skill that most would instantly struggle.

Just imagine if they were like MOST classes that going FULL Zerk was actually a risk like it is to everyone else....

I know I'm asking too much, but I'd like to see players forced to make hard choices with their builds. If you want the ability to run away at will, you have to sacrifice somewhere else for it. If you want the ability to absorb/avoid/mitigate a significant amount of damage, you have to sacrifice for it. If you want the ability to drop people in seconds, you have to sacrifice for it.

@Cyczer.7834 said:

This honestly doesnt change the fact that warriors are still running full berserker and still be an essential part of wvw with bubbles and cleave power. So what changed?

How does being able to run full zerker gear have any relevance?

Most of the complaints about power damage are made about thieves, mesmers, and revs (via CoR). Then you have the condi damage complaints.

So if warriors can use full berserker gear, but rarely make the damage complaint list these days, then isn't that a sign that their damage should he tuned up if their defense should be tuned down?

@Choppy.4183 said:

Problem with that is warriors can be somewhat tanky and damage dealers at the same time. Most classes doesnt have capability to do that, for example take necroes to consideration. Most of them would die within seconds If they didnt invest any vitality or toughness. Warriors still have decent amount of defense even after rolling full offense that gives them enough survivability in the meleetrain.

Most of the complaints about power damage are made about thieves, mesmers, and revs (via CoR). Then you have the condi damage complaints.

Rev hammer damage needs to be nerfed. But please do not mistake the usage of power warriors and condi damage in the blobs. Due to massive amount of range cc and aoe skills, most of the time melee classes doesnt get enough chances to engage enemy. I've seen warriors being used as sacrifical goats that they re being sent in enemy blobs just to bubble and cleave the enemy players that got caught in the range bomb. Remember that power damage in short period of time is stronger than condi stacking, so rolling over downed players with power classes is healthier than just rangebombing them till they die because if fight is still ongoing, you would like to rally your downed players as soon as possible.

So if warriors can use full berserker gear, but rarely make the damage complaint list these days, then isn't that a sign that their damage should he tuned up if their defense should be tuned down?

When you have 35 necros in a 50 man squad, honestly warriors are not the first thing that needs to be addressed.

@Cyczer.7834 said:

@"Choppy.4183" said:

Problem with that is warriors can be somewhat tanky and damage dealers at the same time. Most classes doesnt have capability to do that, for example take necroes to consideration. Most of them would die within seconds If they didnt invest any vitality or toughness. Warriors still have decent amount of defense even after rolling full offense that gives them enough survivability in the meleetrain.

Rev hammer damage needs to be nerfed. But please do not mistake the usage of power warriors and condi damage in the blobs. Due to massive amount of range cc and aoe skills, most of the time melee classes doesnt get enough chances to engage enemy. I've seen warriors being used as sacrifical goats that they re being sent in enemy blobs just to bubble and cleave the enemy players that got caught in the range bomb. Remember that power damage in short period of time is stronger than condi stacking, so rolling over downed players with power classes is healthier than just rangebombing them till they die because if fight is still ongoing, you would like to rally your downed players as soon as possible.

When you have 35 necros in a 50 man squad, honestly warriors are not the first thing that needs to be addressed.

And I mostly solo roam or havoc, and while I hit hard as a warrior, I'm not topping the charts by any stretch.

Hence why the "berserker" complaint seems somewhat irrelevant to me. Other classes can do more damage without using full zerk gear, and have plenty of defense as well.

@"Svarty.8019" said:I think;

1. damage needs to be toned down across the board,
  2. all the PoF classes seem to be overtuned, they should get extra tone-down,

But ... I maintain that effectively nothing useful will be done. Cryptic Around-the-Houses™ alterations will take place in order to surprise and "delight" players via radical and bizarre new changes that don't actually target the issues that we face.

Problems will persist because they never get directly addressed.So what I want out of the upcoming class balance patch is for Arenanet to address problems DIRECTLY.

@Miko.4158 said:I want anet to look at their damage stats, usage statsI and the use of macros.I want a balance patch based on facts and comparisons, with anet sharing their reasons for changes and what skill they compare and benchmark.I want skill and trait exploits looked at rather than accidentally nerfing all users -I want increased build diversity.

This is a great post, Miko. I think you're absolutely on the ball with the use of
macros,
but they don't do anything about hardware macros, fancy mice with a hundred buttons you can just faceroll over etc. FRANKLY, macros should be legalised.

Could not agree more! It is long past time that Anet addresses all of the outstanding issues. I would hope that would at least start with more communication on their part. Have some interaction with us. Yes, WvW Forums can be problematic with the diverse group's we seem to have here. But we need some meaningful communication and interaction from Anet.

Scourges need a nerf on sustainIts ridiculous how me, a guy that has NO IDEA of how to play the class can hold and kill 2-3 ppl just by spamming shades, barriers and staff bombs below myself... its literaly just press the buttons to use everything on cooldown and win. Dont even let me say what happens when a Bunker Firebrand sides with me lol... easy and eternal 2x5

Mirage burst is stupid. About time it needs to be cut in half, as much as power needs a buff and the idiotic mechanic of cloning getting over phantasm on block skills

@Svarty.8019 said:

@Demon.6743 said:Nerf condi in general, still too bursty as a continuous dmg.Nerf Holo dmg in WvW, pvp is fine.Add animation to scourge skillsDodge break stun needs to be removed for Mirage, target break needs to be removed

I've been saying target break should be removed for literally years. Prepare for disappointment.

Are we even talking about the same target breaking? I was referring to the Mirage mechanic. Why would they remove something that was added few months ago.

@Seffen.2875 said:I try to put things as exactly as possible: 1/2

These are pureley WvW changes.

Spellbreaker:

1. Enchantment Collaps 0,5 sec internal Cooldown;
  2. Loss Aversion: only +1 Adrenaline
  3. Cleansing Ire: +1 Condition removed

Scourge:

1. Trailblazer Equip: Make Vitality instead of Toughness Main Stat
  2. Nefarious Favor: +2 sec CD +1-2 Conditions Converted (if wanted also possible is +7 cd and 5 conditions converted
  3. Manisfest Sand Shade: Take away the Torment

Mantras cant and will never loose cone, if they loose the cone they will becomes same as shouts but X3 way better... some sorta shouts on sterioids >_>IF u notice Anet has poor care in on the skill design and class mechanics all is boon stack or condi stack

IF this happened wich i would not mind imo they should not make guardian shouts a boon based utility but rather direct effects aoe, diferent behavior than spam to stack boons.

Actually i would prefer shouts not having boons at all.... they are other ways to design support skills... go figure when wil Anet dev's realize how poorly creative and intelligent they are doing the classes mechanics...

I want AOE range reduced back so it cannot be thrown over walls keep the toxicity but shorten range . and thief and ranger dropped back to 1200 range , The WP'S to be not contested by someone running by ,back to timer was as it used to be. OW put back to where it used to be , all towers out of range of Treb from SMC make the larger servers come out to play . Keep stealth but reduce it from perma and only available to Thief class.

@cobbah.3102 said:I want AOE range reduced back so it cannot be thrown over walls keep the toxicity but shorten range . and thief and ranger dropped back to 1200 range , The WP'S to be not contested by someone running by ,back to timer was as it used to be. OW put back to where it used to be , all towers out of range of Treb from SMC make the larger servers come out to play . Keep stealth but reduce it from perma and only available to Thief class.

No either ditch stealth completely or make it operate like stability so if you're hit while stealthed you remove a stack. With stacks you wouldn't really be able to stack stealth nearly as much, and make yourself revealed any time someone else breaks your stealth too.

@Red Haired Savage.5430 said:

@cobbah.3102 said:I want AOE range reduced back so it cannot be thrown over walls keep the toxicity but shorten range . and thief and ranger dropped back to 1200 range , The WP'S to be not contested by someone running by ,back to timer was as it used to be. OW put back to where it used to be , all towers out of range of Treb from SMC make the larger servers come out to play . Keep stealth but reduce it from perma and only available to Thief class.

No either ditch stealth completely or make it operate like stability so if you're hit while stealthed you remove a stack. With stacks you wouldn't really be able to stack stealth nearly as much, and make yourself revealed any time someone else breaks your stealth too.

Yeah because the kitten amount of AoE in game wouldn’t make stealth completely useless... maybe if this game had next to no AoE damage and the AoE Damage it did have was High cd low radius, then maybe your suggestion would be even remotely feasible.

Archived