Elitism - Mass Discussion Thread

15 minutes ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

I have a Rifle/Pistol-Dagger Dragonhunter build that benches 37k, but it's exclusive to me so i'm not sharing with you guys, sorry.

It must be same type of stand...echm character as my pink skritt Catmancer that hits 666k, but I won't share it with you becouse it does not exist you toxic elitists. ❤️

Did I mention he also have cute hat and is wielding main hand toilet paper roll and off hand shiny?

On 7/27/2022 at 5:51 AM, IsabelDawn.8950 said:

Personally I think that so long as my party is able to clear the content, how we clear it (as in, with what builds), shouldnt matter.

I know there are some people who will very angrily disagree, but in public groups at least, I think people need to have a little bit of patience and joviality.

Get your friends together and be as elite as you like, but expecting it from randoms might be pushing it a little.

Erh, well yeah, but then you consider that there's this finite thing called time and people generally have these things called 'goals' and they really dislike when something that usually takes an hour now takes two because someone refused to be a team player in a party and swap their build or at least understand their rotation thus making it so their goals are achieved even slower.

• Thanks 2

EOD has power crept everything so much, elitism is starting to die.

You can run anything lately, even run with novice players, and complete content first time around.

Game is too easy now. Running CMs T4s or any end-game content doesn't feel satisfying anymore. It's no longer complex enough to get the "pve itch" out of my system.

Not even exaggerating this, but normal T4s as example, feel like clearing Queensdale 5 or 6 years ago. Just too easy, too casual for end-game content.

Arenanet needs to DIAL-BACK the power creep, not a step or two, but like 4 steps in reverse.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you make a group you can set whatever requirements you want. If you join a group you are expected to behave based on the groups requirements. It 4 (or 9) people in the group want to play a certain way and you start complaining, then you are the problem.  Unless you are the one who originaly created the group.

The term Elitist has been perverted like the term Toxic and is now being thrown at everything people disagree with. Wanting to play with like-minded people is not elitist even if it means excluding you.

Edited by Chrysaliss.8720
  • Thanks 4