new finishers involving mounts!

Oh, I love this idea! Not necessarily the example you gave, but definitely finishers involving mounts.

One I'd love to see is the jackal blink in, lift the person's 'soul' from their body (a ghostly version of them) and blink away again. But I'm not sure how that would work when the character model would need to be different each time. But something using each mounts special abilities would be great.

Raptor: Rips head off, toss it into the air, and eats it, then sits there waiting to be pet.Springer: Rolls into the person and they splatter into a bloody gorey mess.Skimmer: Steve IrwinJackal: Djinn say they would rip the flesh from your bones if given the chance. Let them skin the person alive and suck the person's soul into their body.Griffon: Roped by the Griffon by the neck and then the Griffon takes off and flies away hanging them as they're flailing in agony and in pain.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Raptor: Rips head off, toss it into the air, and eats it, then sits there waiting to be pet.Springer: Rolls into the person and they splatter into a bloody gorey mess.Skimmer: Steve IrwinJackal: Djinn say they would rip the flesh from your bones if given the chance. Let them skin the person alive and suck the person's soul into their body.Griffon: Roped by the Griffon by the neck and then the Griffon takes off and flies away hanging them as they're flailing in agony and in pain.

You scare me!!

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Raptor: Rips head off, toss it into the air, and eats it, then sits there waiting to be pet.Springer: Rolls into the person and they splatter into a bloody gorey mess.Skimmer: Steve IrwinJackal: Djinn say they would rip the flesh from your bones if given the chance. Let them skin the person alive and suck the person's soul into their body.Griffon: Roped by the Griffon by the neck and then the Griffon takes off and flies away hanging them as they're flailing in agony and in pain.

You scare me!!

I blame the horror movies I've seen since I was in diapers as a child with my father.Shrugs

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

You scare me!!

I blame the horror movies I've seen since I was in diapers as a child with my father.
Shrugs
I know the perfect hiding spot behind the couch.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

You scare me!!

I blame the horror movies I've seen since I was in diapers as a child with my father.
Shrugs

Under the rug, of course!

@Fenom.9457 said:

You scare me!!

Shrugs

Under the rug, of course!

Ok sorry mods...I hope you allow this off topic bantering. To get back on topic. I like the idea...just keep it a lil bit off the gore

2 things to bear in mind:

1) the game is rated 12+ (or the equivalent in other regions), which limits the amount of gore and violence allowed, even for finishers. It's possible for a games rating to change over time, but highly unlikely Anet would be willing to have it increased just for new finishers.

2) Notice that none of the existing finishers actually affect the victim at all. Things happen on top of them and around them but they don't move and aren't actually involved in the animation. I'm guessing that's a limitation of the system - that it can't move the victim or actually affect the victim.

Those two factors limit what's possible for finishers to do, and unfortunately make some of the suggestions in this topic impossible. (Including my original idea of the jackal picking up the actual body and blinking away.) But I still think mount themed finishers would be cool, they just need to be tailored to what the game will allow.

@Danikat.8537 said:2) Notice that none of the existing finishers actually affect the victim at all. Things happen on top of them and around them but they don't move and aren't actually involved in the animation. I'm guessing that's a limitation of the system - that it can't move the victim or actually affect the victim.

Raptor: Sits on the corpses face and smiles.Springer: Drops a pile of carrots onto the corpse and then sits on top of the pile.Skimmer: Can still Steve Irwin. Change that little flagpole/sword/whatever that usually drop down into the tail of the Skimmer corkscrewing down from above then float above the corpse and laughing like how it laughs when it pokes you in the shoulder in idle animation.Jackal: Suck the spirit out of the corpse into it's body to join the other tormented souls within it and teleport/vanish away.Griffon: Calls down a ton of griffon chicks (they made the model already of them so why not use them) to chew and nibble on the corpse then they hop up and down near the mother all happy.

All of this would be 12+ and won't move the corpse that's on the ground.No blood. No gore.

Archived