[TIPS?] Best crafting professions on one character?

What would be the best crafting professions to have on one character that best compliment each other and for what goals?

If said character had only two crafting profession slots, which two?If said character had three, which three?if said character had all four, which four?

I know its personal taste and all depending on what goals are being sought. For myself, I doubt I'll ever really go for crafting 'The Big Stuff", but at the same time would like to focus on the best professions to raise to 500. And if I decided to do so for all 8 professions across 2 characters at 4 each, which 4 on each is best?

Thank you!

The only thing I think it's worth from crafting is the ascended armor / weapon and precursor

For me, it's always pick whatever that is necessary for your character, since that what you will be use the most.If you are light armor, go for tailoring.If you are medium, go with leatherworkerand hard armor, armor smithand so on...

The "best" two are to pick a weapon crafter and an armor crafter. This way you only need one character to refine all the ascended materials for weapon or armor crafting. The only one you can't make is the electrum ingot but that has a much smaller need that the others. I personally like to combine armor smith and weapon smith.

things like so called Best crafting professions on one character are noting more than a MYTH !! just like all the other myths in this game !!and it does not matter what profession you use to craft with be it war necro or ele or what ever . it just does not matter their are all the same

just grab 4 toons use them for crafting max it out and work on that and enjoy the game best you can is all any one can do in this game

@akenoyuki.8210 said:The only thing I think it's worth from crafting is the ascended armor / weapon and precursor

For me, it's always pick whatever that is necessary for your character, since that what you will be use the most.If you are light armor, go for tailoring.If you are medium, go with leatherworkerand hard armor, armor smithand so on...

Ascended/precursor items... any soul bound or all account bound? Could I do Tail/Leather/Armor and another on one character to craft for all types?

C

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:things like so called Best crafting professions on one character are noting more than a MYTH !! just like all the other myths in this game !!

If you have weapon and an armor craft on your main character, you can craft all daily ecto refinements without having to switch characters because only armor crafters can make Spools of Silk Weaving Thread. That is something I consider when picking crafts. If you do Artificer and Weaponsmith, you need a second character to craft the silk thing, and you have to switch to it every day to do so.

Since I harvest/mine/gather pretty much everything, I have loads of materials in the bank. I am slowly going for having all the crafting professions on just one char. Since I have several already to maxed on that char I am now working towards having some of the other chars have those crafting professions maxed out too. Doing this also allows me to find some skins (armour, etc) that I may not have unlocked in the wardrobe tab yet. It then also allows me to craft the exact bags I need in the size(s) I want for any new chars I might make.

Almost nothing you craft is soulbound, so it really doesn't matter.

My personal preference is heavy classes take armor/weaponsmith, medium leather/huntsmans, light tailor/artifcier, and then a 4th jeweler/chef.Your armor-making craft should ideally suit a characters armor class, so guard/rev/warr armorsmith, ranger/theif/engi leatherworking, ele/mesmer/necro tailor. Weapon will generally rarely suit your class because they have a wide range of available weapons- for example mesmer meta uses all 3 weapon classes between all meta builds with a high reliance on weaponsmith. Ele generally sticks to artificier, but also gets a lot of use from weaponsmith, necro uses artificer and huntsman for meta and so on. So thats where the "it doesn't matter" point comes in- i group the weapon crafts with their generally associated armor crafts cus its easier to remember what character my crafting should be done on.I'd say leave jeweler/chef on the same character because they're both different from the other 6 crafts. Chef is wildly different, a total oddball, while jeweler follows a similar pattern to other 6 crafts, in my experience unless you're buying all the materials from TP you'll be leveling it slower due to how jewels are obtained differently from the other materials.

@Faaris.8013 said:

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:things like so called Best crafting professions on one character are noting more than a MYTH !! just like all the other myths in this game !!

If you have weapon and an armor craft on your main character, you can craft all daily ecto refinements without having to switch characters because only armor crafters can make Spools of Silk Weaving Thread. That is something I consider when picking crafts. If you do Artificer and Weaponsmith, you need a second character to craft the silk thing, and you have to switch to it every day to do so.

i do not and never will have a main of any thing at all in this game but that is a different topic all together mind you. and yes you can do that if you like but given the cost to do so is not worth it at all . it is far more cheaper to just use 4 toons and call it a day . changing toons is not that hard to do at all

@WARIORSCHARGEING.2637 said:

i do not and never will have a main of any thing at all in this game but that is a different topic all together mind you. and yes you can do that if you like but given the cost to do so is not worth it at all . it is far more cheaper to just use 4 toons and call it a day . changing toons is not that hard to do at all

Where is money wasted if I just make my main a weapon and leather crafter? You need these professions anyway at some point. A second character could be Artificer and Tailor, a third Huntsman and Armor Smith. I wouldn't spend 60 gold to learn a craft another character already has lol. I might do Chef and Jeweler for the levels, but I rather use Tomes of Knowledge.

@Lexi.1398 said:Almost nothing you craft is soulbound, so it really doesn't matter.

That was the one major concern I had. A long while back I purchased a third crafting slot because I had been crafting for EXP more so than for any major end goals (Before it got ridiculously easy to max a char to lvl 80 with tombs). Aside from getting a feel for what 2-3, maybe even 4th crafting option to have on one character, I wanted to know which ones most complimented each other. Since I do have 3 slots, and one of them is maxed at 500 on my old main.. I didn't want to have to redo anything for another character if I could use anything crafted on any character I had. In that regard, if I focus on 3 on one, and 3 on another (leaving out art and cook), I could conceivably over time max out those six on two toons and create whatever I would potentially want down the line, usable across all my chars. Good to know.

@Chamelion.9536 said:

@akenoyuki.8210 said:The only thing I think it's worth from crafting is the ascended armor / weapon and precursor

Ascended/precursor items... any soul bound or all account bound? Could I do Tail/Leather/Armor and another on one character to craft for all types?

C

Ascended Weapon and Armour is account bound, so you can use it on different characterThe Precursor is soul bound though

Yes, you can do Tailor/Leather/Armor-smith on one character to craft it for your other character.Just watch out not to soul bound the item to your Crafter character

Well, if you plan on doin a lot of content, in all of the game modes (raids, fractals, pvp, wvw, casual pve) and only had 1 character, then I'd take the armor of whatever class it was (heavy, medium, light), weaponsmith (although not all weapons are made from weaponsmith), jewelcrafting, and cooking.

Archived